Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aquacraft Revolt 30 FE - WOW!

Dam! that is a purdy boat.

nice looks like you can really stuff the nose on this one though
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

looks like they hit the ball out of the park to me. 4 trim schemes, a proven motor esc combo, and a perfect boat for multiple classes such as LSO, or p spec mono, or built up to run in p offshore or p mono.

As for the bow, seems like it has to do with aerodynamics there, not hydrodynamics. It didn't seem like it was gonna sub at any point during the vid. The bow should be up out of the water most the way anyhow right. I am no boat designer though so maybe someone from AQ can chime in.

I also wonder if the 42x55 on the back is going to come with it. Here is an eagle tree chart of a 42x55 paired with the aq 1800 kv motor in a Vegas duece conversion
    Eagle tree, 42x55 on vegas amp, mah.jpg The 100 amp spike is from my "start" I was practicing for oval so i pretended there was a mill but got to the line too soon so had to slow down and then gun it at 0. Well within the amp draw the combo is rated for the rest of the run. And less then 2000 mah after 2.5 min keeps it easy on the batteries.
    Last edited by TheShaughnessy; 05-17-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Quote from the website..

"Genuine GrimRacer™ parts translate into extreme speeds, excellent handling and impressive durability, from the highly efficient water pickup system integrated into the pre-sharpened rudder to the carbon-fiber trim plates. As an added performance plus, the Revolt 30 comes with a GrimRacer metal 42x55 prop.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Quote from the website..

"Genuine GrimRacer™ parts translate into extreme speeds, excellent handling and impressive durability, from the highly efficient water pickup system integrated into the pre-sharpened rudder to the carbon-fiber trim plates. As an added performance plus, the Revolt 30 comes with a GrimRacer metal 42x55 prop.
    "
    Missed that one. Seems like a good match with the esc/ motor and boat. Just started running the prop and have to say i'm diggin it. I have another one that i detounged, What are your thoughts on that?

Found it, guess i should have clicked the features button.

.NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

thanks, Wish i would have seen that one first. I'm not in the AQ forums too much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    thanks, Wish i would have seen that one first. I'm not in the AQ forums too much.
    very cool that Grim put this sucker together!
    I am buying one for sure and maybe 2
    one for PSpec, and a second for PMono
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Nice boat but the canopy is hideous...................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

i agree, this may be my next boat as a rx ready version. But with heats this weekend, nationals in month, and a vacation to Florida, the finances cant handle another boat purchase. I do have some boring car stuff i could try sell though...

Also i'm gonna stop posting here so hopefully it will die out and we can stay on track in the other thread started by grim, I'm sure the boat will have it's own section as soon as Steve gets the chance to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPFENCE View Post
    nice looks like you can really stuff the nose on this one though
    Its a mono.. I guarantee its going to stuff (when you least expect it) if it comes off a wake wrong..
    Truth is that does not make it a bad mono.. it makes it a BAD A.. Mono!

Grim

edit

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Nice boat but the canopy is hideous...................
    I dont think its so much the shape of the canopy.. its that SHOT... Never liked that pic and not sure why we are using it.. YUK!

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    I dont think its so much the shape of the canopy.. its that SHOT... Never liked that pic and not sure why we are using it.. YUK!

Grim
    Dont take me the wrong way....................I am a very positive boater and focus on the positive points 99% of the time, It is a very nice boat................has the same "clean" appearance inside as the MC does, kudo's there. Regardless of the photo angle, it doesnt flow well at all with the sexy contours of the rest of the hull...................it looks almost like a cardboard mock-up someone made themself to build a replacement canopy...................sorry for the tuff love. If the photo is correct, then it has completely vertical sides...............???

Once again though, very nice offering to the P mono class and it will surely bite into Impulse sales....................is the Hull a true 30" transom to tip?
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Hey, I thought we went RIGHT (Clockwise) around the oval course? From the Revolt users manual...hmmm For the record, I am in line to buy one...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    Hey, I thought we went RIGHT (Clockwise) around the oval course? From the Revolt users manual...hmmm For the record, I am in line to buy one...
    The pickup slot is on the right side of the rudder blade so it will be fine......................is there a hint of "Britishness" in the manual.....................H. Kong etc...................????

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    aha crap.. thats a swing and a miss...lol

hahhaha.. I need to fire the dude that writes this suff.... wait!

Grim

aha crap.. thats a swing and a miss...lol

hahhaha.. I need to fire the dude that writes this suff.... wait!

Grim
    Hahahaha... Awwww, Yes... Now Grim's REAL FUN begins!! Have fun, my friend!!

By the way... I thought Brian mentioned to me that there was a REAL boat that looked similar to this? Got any pics of that?

~Darin

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Hahahaha... Awwww, Yes... Now Grim's REAL FUN begins!! Have fun, my friend!!

By the way... I thought Brian mentioned to me that there was a REAL boat that looked similar to this? Got any pics of that?

~Darin
    The insperation for the cowl design!

Attachment 76716

Its a mono.. I guarantee its going to stuff (when you least expect it) if it comes off a wake wrong..
    Truth is that does not make it a bad mono.. it makes it a BAD A.. Mono!

Grim

some monos ride higher then others...for instance i am much more likely to stuff the nose on a df 29 then i am a cyberstorm..just saying..not knocking it..just it looks like it rides low which is beneficial in turns especially it digs in well
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

Game changer.

My 2 cents.

What...no yellow......

No lacewood either John. I could add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    What...no yellow......
    lol.. I dident forget about you.. its just.. We are LIVING ON THE EDGE! lol

Come join us would ya!

Grim

I'm pissed - You're taking away all my fun ; ez in/out motor mount, battery hold-down straps, ultra-tasty hardware on the rear, 42/55 prop. What's next ? 5.5 bullets & a visible side water outlet ?
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

The insperation for the cowl design!

Attachment 76716
    Sweet!

just around the corner man.. just around the corner..

My job is to give you no work when it comes to "modifying" the boat.

There are a few things Im going to look closer at after this boat hits the shores.. but its going to be a solid release!

Grim

Looks like a cool boat!
    Besides that gross cowl..

I really like the cowl. Beauty really IS in the eye of the beholder I guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast