Thread: Turnigy marine 180 A Slow compared to other esc's?

Default Turnigy marine 180 A Slow compared to other esc's?

Hi guys!

Is it slower other esc's? And why. ? I Ask because my brother and I both have the Genesis cat, and we just upgraded his from a redbrick 200A cheapo esc that we used while we waited for the 180a in the mail.
    And to say atleast we saw a 35-45% performance drop with the Stock motor, 2075 kv I think it is.

The redbrick is ment for planes I think, does this have anything to say? We have tested different timings, and it was a little difference here, but nothing compared to when we changed.
    Same batteries/prop/rx/tx.

- Alek :)
    Last edited by alekb; 05-16-2012 at 02:40 AM.

are you sure the ESC is calibrated to your radio? Check the instructions. The ESC may not be seeing full throttle.

Yepp, calibrated several times just to be sure

This is a common problem with the T180a esc, the lvc is to sensitive & cuts in to early sometimes from the very start of the run. I know a lot on this forum have this very problem & its been discused many times, what most do is use no lvc & time runs so battery dosnt go to low.

Thanks!, i'll try turning it completely off, will post back!

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    This is a common problem with the T180a esc, the lvc is to sensitive & cuts in to early sometimes from the very start of the run. I know a lot on this forum have this very problem & its been discused many times, what most do is use no lvc & time runs so battery dosnt go to low.
    True that +1. Martin! any luck squeezing t180 into JAE21 tub?

I havnt modded the T180 yet as ive been doing other things & havnt had time but its not a problem once the cooling mods are done which are pretty straight foward. I know some in Brasil that are running JAE 21 with Leopard 4074 & 4082 motors with T180 that they run the stock esc. They sit the esc up on its side & where the esc sticks above the tub they fit a top that has a raised bubble where the esc is.