Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Might want to start a new Fourm Topic!.. New from AquaCraft!

Just to qualify.. I have only ever run this on 4S.. (or P)

I have run it up to 48mph on the props WE sell.. BTY the L45X68 is not to bad on the boat..

Grim

Also.. just so you all know.. IM QCing boats right now.. I see a few minior issues but not show stoppers.. back to work! Im also going to take some down to our test lake (Lake A) and shake em down.

Hang tight..

Hey.. everybody, like the new video?.. I hope so... I really dig it!

Remember to "Like Us" on Facebook!

Grimracer

Wow, 48mph!
    And what QC issues are you seeing ?
    Thanks..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Our AquaCraft customers are the best so I’m going to lay this out for ya..

First.. all of the issues I’m talking about are being addressed with the MFG as we speak.

Number one.. I said before I was not all that happy with the thickness of the battery tray and im still not.. The tray works just fine but.. Im picky and so are you.

Number two.. The tape they used to hold the canopy in place for shipment leaves a residue on the paint. Goo Gone takes if off but.. Im picky and so are you.

Number three.. The hook and loop we are using to hold the Controller and the RX in place are not holding as well as I would like but.. Im picky and so are you.

Lastly.. The rudder blades water PU hole has not been drilled per my drawings and somehow changed from prototypes to production. IM NOT HAPPY about it but.. Im picky and so are you.

O yea.. the decals are not sticking as well as I would like either.. not sure if the paint is gassing off or the adhesive is just not doing its job as well as I would like.. again we are looking into it.

An official tech notice will be posted on the AQUA website in the next day or so.

Now.. we are shipping because all on the water testing was AWESOME and performance is NUTTS!.. Mechanically the boat is SOLID!

Just get one on the water and you will see what I mean!

Boats ARE SHIPPING TODAY!.. BTY.. shipment is SELLING VERY VERY FAST..

Thanks all!

Grimracer

Wow. Who else would give you such a straight forward answer to the QA process on their product? Usually those issues are kept from the consumer and between the distributor and the manufacturer. I am on the list and will look forward to checking it out when it arrives. Keep up the good work and clear communication.

Just checked my order at Tower..
    AquaCraft Revolt 30 FE Mono RxR Blue/White 1 299.99 Invoiced - Processing in Warehouse

Looks like we have lift off...Need to intercept it at home before the wife sees it...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Our AquaCraft customers are the best so I’m going to lay this out for ya..

First.. all of the issues I’m talking about are being addressed with the MFG as we speak.

Number one.. I said before I was not all that happy with the thickness of the battery tray and im still not.. The tray works just fine but.. Im picky and so are you.

Number two.. The tape they used to hold the canopy in place for shipment leaves a residue on the paint. Goo Gone takes if off but.. Im picky and so are you.

Number three.. The hook and loop we are using to hold the Controller and the RX in place are not holding as well as I would like but.. Im picky and so are you.

Lastly.. The rudder blades water PU hole has not been drilled per my drawings and somehow changed from prototypes to production. IM NOT HAPPY about it but.. Im picky and so are you.

O yea.. the decals are not sticking as well as I would like either.. not sure if the paint is gassing off or the adhesive is just not doing its job as well as I would like.. again we are looking into it.

An official tech notice will be posted on the AQUA website in the next day or so.

Now.. we are shipping because all on the water testing was AWESOME and performance is NUTTS!.. Mechanically the boat is SOLID!

Just get one on the water and you will see what I mean!

Boats ARE SHIPPING TODAY!.. BTY.. shipment is SELLING VERY VERY FAST..

Thanks all!

Grimracer
    You are the man Grimracer!

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    Wow. Who else would give you such a straight forward answer to the QA process on their product? Usually those issues are kept from the consumer and between the distributor and the manufacturer. I am on the list and will look forward to checking it out when it arrives. Keep up the good work and clear communication.
    helps us apreciate who is on the top of the food chain when it comes to RTR FE boats!
    venom not even close, or traxxass for that matter
    and sales come by word of mouth and so do lack of sales..
    and this guy gets my sales and many friends I'm texting right now
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

so how many have sold today?
    and who all bought one?

Just checked mine on tower
    Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse

AquaCraft Revolt 30 FE Mono 2.4GHz Blue/White 1 349.99

SHIPPING AND PAYMENT
    Current Charges (U.S. Dollars)
    In-Stock Items: $299.99
    Surface Shipment: Waived
    Total Current Charges: $299.99

Thanks Grim,I look forward to my new boat.

Too bad Tower Hobbies doesn't give free shipping to Canada.

Not that I mind paying shipping but, the combination of shipping plus the taxes and handling charges, the thing is at least $400 landed, most likely more.

I'll wait until next year or maybe Great Hobbies will carry it, then I just pay a measely 13-15% tax on it.... jeepers and you guys down south think you have high taxes....

Rant over... Nice Boat!
    Nortavlag Bulc

$349.00 at Great Hobbies. Sorry rant back again. I don't get it, why if the dollar is basically par do I have to pay an extra fifty bucks??

This is why Canadian retail is DONE! I guess I can ask my buddy to have one shipped to his USA ship too, I pay no taxes, no shipping, just pad his pocket with $20 bill and he is happy. The idiots at the border just changed the rules too so less people will shop in Canada again!!

Good for USA, bad for Canada, OY!

O.k. it's out of me now...
    Nortavlag Bulc

You whine a lot......

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    You whine a lot......
    Goes with my Cheesey nature.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    $349.00 at Great Hobbies. Sorry rant back again. I don't get it, why if the dollar is basically par do I have to pay an extra fifty bucks??

This is why Canadian retail is DONE! I guess I can ask my buddy to have one shipped to his USA ship too, I pay no taxes, no shipping, just pad his pocket with $20 bill and he is happy. The idiots at the border just changed the rules too so less people will shop in Canada again!!
    Good for USA, bad for Canada, OY!

O.k. it's out of me now...
    Dude that sucks!

edit: got mine on order last week, hopefully will be in on Friday!
    Last edited by turbonutt; 05-31-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: sorry, off topic
    H&M Drifter L, AC Lightning Cat and a Graupner Jet Sprint waiting to be built

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    so how many have sold today?
    and who all bought one?
    Im not allowed to talk numbers.. But I can say ALL OF THEM.. holy moly.. they are all sold.. If you missed one start calling HOBBY SHOPS.. they are the ones that snapped em up!.. they are out there!

Grimracer

"Might want to start a new Fourm Topic!.. New from AquaCraft!"

Done
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Default Revolt Tech Tip_First shipment

Here is the tech notice that is on the Aquacraft Revolt 30 webpage.

Thanks,
    Russ
    Attached Files Attached Files

They totally missed it on that rudder inlet. I am sure that it is frustrating and you would also think the company that made the rudders would know better. Easy to fix though. I work for a third party logistics company and we handle a lot of QA work for our customers and you would not believe the crazy things that arrive at our warehouse.

I just ordered MINE!!

Hahahaha.... Just Kidding!!!

Looks like P-Ltd Mono and Offshore are going to get heated up!!

Darin, I would like to say you and Michael(Grimracer) have done a great job of being competitive yet good humored and complimentry towards each others products. Good to see that two people can compete, but not be antagonistic towards one another.

No doubt, the attached pic is what we approved and was sent as a "production" rudder assembly. Good news is you still get cooling, especially when rounding the bouyies, but slotting it more to the leading edge as you know is better.
    Thanks,
    Russ
    Revolt Man (15).jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    They totally missed it on that rudder inlet. I am sure that it is frustrating and you would also think the company that made the rudders would know better. Easy to fix though. I work for a third party logistics company and we handle a lot of QA work for our customers and you would not believe the crazy things that arrive at our warehouse.

Thanks Steven for setting this up.

D-mon... you know one of these days we are going to have to battle it out on the race cource.. right..

A Proboat/AquaCraft shootout.. to the winner.. to the looser..... to everybody

LETS PLAY TOY BOATS EVERYBODY.. and I mean that in the most adult way!

Grim

Gave in last night and ordered one of these through tower

Grim, any props you would recommend I should get now, I know the 42x55 will be good enough for me, but it cant hurt to have a few to mess with.

Wow still in stock at tower... Might have to pull the trigger?

Thanks for the support guys and I want a revolt bad.
    day ten and doing good.

Im going to be pulling out tonight for a boat race (IMPBA DIST 4 in Kenosha WI) this weekend. I will try to catch up on what I can when i get back.

ROCKET and ROLL!

Grim

awesome work on the boat especially coming with a grimracer prop!!! and wicked vids grim definately on my list along with the motley crew i wonder how a t180 will squeeze in there but probably just go with a swordy 200 lol should fit in there nicely along with a leopard

Default First two Revolt 30 in Indy.

This is Bill from Indy. stopped by HobbyTown USA North on Friday about 3:30 just to get some parts for my MG and they had TWO Revolt 30. One RTR in Blue and one PNP in Red. I grabbed the blue one headed to chech out. Manager said he just put those on shelf 30 min ago. My brother Jim ran mine This morning, called Hobby Town USA North to see if the PNP was still on shelf. we got to store around 3:00 this afternoon. He walked out with the red Revolt 30 and a receiver. Manager said we got first two in Indy. Gota say this boat is fast, handled read well in choppy water and 11 mph wind.

We both had a few prob. Most should be found when you go through it before first run. I found most of what grim racer pointed out. The biggest prob I had was the flix cable frayed on the motor end. I soldered the tip about an inch from end. Prob solved. Jim's lower bushing on his vert rudder shaft fell out before he got in water. We found it on my kit floor after his first run. He put it back in and ping it so it shouldn't fall out while in the pond. I'm trying to dial mine in. Grimracer said 48mph. I'm upper 30s so I need to find more speed. I do have it ridding more on top of the water, but not like I want.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast