Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic 1380mm build

The plan is to have the components under the carbon and purple anodized under the cutouts. Just printing templates at the moments to see if it fits nicely. Unfortunately I'll be using a lot of carbon. Few hundred bucks. Grrreee. But don't want to compromise. Have to finish of the battery treys. Also working on the template/jig to cut the holes for the drives. Carbon should arrive before the weekend.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

OSE CF bat trays are cheap at 12US ea.. I understand the uber need to do everything yourself, what I dont understand is the need to waste so much time copying something readily available from a friend ?
    Cripes, Bruiser will be on the water before you !

ps. love ya work !
    DocW
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Wayne, if I just buy the parts off the shelf it won't be mine entirely. Needs my signature on it hehe. Plus I want 3.5mm carbon. I'll buy screws and stuff I can't make.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Just emailed with a purchase request for 2x.
    Thx for the info
    W
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Nice!!! May pinch of you when not looking. LOL

Servo, hoses and small bits are here. No carbon just yet. Still working on the jigs to drill the holes for the stingers. May be a busy weekend if everything gets here in time.

drawing and files now ready for cutting, slight mods to the motormounts but will explain later. NOW WHERE is the carbon grrrr.
    The mounts will fit almost any motor including the 30 series Lehner, just incase LOL

mountsCNC.jpg
    Last edited by nata2run; 05-24-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Very nice Mate !!!!
    Almost perfect.
    Why cut C5000 in middle when you know these are for my Drambuie ?
    S'pose I could cover ...
    hahaha

seriously nice work, mate
    seriously disappointed it doesnt say D.O.I. !!

You ready for a chilly run in the concrete puddle ?
    zoom zoom ..............
    love your work !

W

Wauw! That drawing of the carbon parts looks smoking hot!!!!!
    Cant wait to see the result man!
    Last edited by Remmie81; 05-25-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks for the compliments ....LOL that's funny....DOI hey nah c5000 is just fine. Spend some time after work cutting the parts, the carbon came in after all, other sheet is coming from the US. They also have silver, blue and red. If I only knew before.
    And damn straight I'm ready for the pond.

Thanks Remmie, I can't wait to see the result my self. Will have to wait till tomorrow, they are still covered in protective tape and stuck to the sacrificial sheet. Have to clean up and run some superglue around the edges to seal. Should have them ready by tomorrow.

Hey Kent

Will discuss eng mounts for the DOI in morning.

ZOOM ZOOM
    TFL56 ready to go .... charged batts in, esc/motor tested, ready for the sealing 2M of deck tape !
    Looking forward to making waves !

Carbon bits look great! Can't wait to see this build really get going. I think the purple should be translucent and back-lit!!
    Also looking forward to seeing DrW's uber Genesis hit the water. Does anyone sell the painted 56" Genesis hull in the States?

Thanks gator, don't think that hasn't been on my mind lol. I even have the panels for the backlid. Got blue and white but could ad the purple film. Could even insert acrylic into the cuts so it would be flush. Hmm but the window on the cowl should be clear..."...nah come on LOL

Yes! Now that's what I'm talking about! Easy for me to say. lol
    You can always save the extra bling for later - when 90 mph passes get boring.

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Hey Kent

Will discuss eng mounts for the DOI in morning.

ZOOM ZOOM
    TFL56 ready to go .... charged batts in, esc/motor tested, ready for the sealing 2M of deck tape !
    Looking forward to making waves !

Good luck with the first run Doc! Hope it performs flawlessly and FAST!!!!!!!!!! Hope you get a chance for some video

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser77 View Post
    Good luck with the first run Doc! Hope it performs flawlessly and FAST!!!!!!!!!! Hope you get a chance for some video
    Kent has date with the video recorder ( and maybe rescue ! )

W

Hehe, should be good. Knowing you doc should be bullet proof.

Haha.
    Sure hope so for the end owner's sake !
    Seems he has a few gas boater enemies... Im acquiring more every time I go out !!!!!!!

Nite !
    Last edited by drwayne; 05-25-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Hello Everyone,
    Started placing parts just for you guys to see, nothing glued.

DSC03324.jpgDSC03325.jpgDSC03326.jpgDSC03328.jpg

Looks great Kent.

Looks really good that was pretty quick

Sure is purty Kent

Thanks guys for the compliments, nothing glued in yet but just playing around. Have two cats at the moment to worry about "3 if you include the missus"
    Will shortly be posting/uploading Dr.Wayne's new project ......

Link to Big Genesis (Super Daytona) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY7T5...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by nata2run; 05-26-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Been working on the motor mounts to see if the motors fit, plenty of room there. This is the result so far. Also made little flex shaft holders that elevate up/down and left/right. Again the bottom screws are to alow for better bond to the hull "concept im working on for this build" so it will have that consistent look.

DSC03332.jpgDSC03335.jpgDSC03338.jpg
    Last edited by nata2run; 05-26-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Thanks guys for the compliments, nothing glued in yet but just playing around. Have two cats at the moment to worry about "3 if you include the missus"
    Will shortly be posting/uploading Dr.Wayne's new project ......

Link to Big Genesis (Super Daytona) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY7T5...ature=youtu.be
    Uber Daytona is alive!! That looked awesome for a maiden. Pressure's on now Kent. lol I want to see some German style "parallel-flug" video soon!

Kent's medium sized MHZC5000 1140mm , from today.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXLEP...1&feature=plcp

Good runs there guys.You guys have a good perch for filming there at that body of water. I notice Doc waited for glass smooth to run.Hehe.

So Kent,you are going to sandwhich the thrust bearing in the mount?I see a relief in the mount in the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Good runs there guys.You guys have a good perch for filming there at that body of water. I notice Doc waited for glass smooth to run.Hehe.

So Kent,you are going to sandwhich the thrust bearing in the mount?I see a relief in the mount in the pics.
    Pity is the TFL aint mine !
    On it's maiden run, spun the collet RHS at 1.36 .tightened both till thought the nuts would slip ! .. . and at end the LHS prop and shaft stub , lost to the pond monster ...fractured outside of stinger...dog and all ! 8(
    The 1/4 to 3/16 shaft is great for prop selection, but not ok for the power squeezed through it.
    Oh well.. all 1/4 now.. owner ordered new props from propshop-UK.. now waiting for sunshine and wamrth !

Kent's looked impressive today.
    Lots of up and go !
    remind him to return those props !
    haha

W

Looking good Kent. No wah-wah. What did you adjust or was it just the props? If so, you may want to tell Doc you lost them in the pond too.
    Disclaimer: I hereby accept the potential loss of motor, ESC, entire boat, or credit rating, and forfeit all expectations of success.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast