Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic 1380mm build

LOL, yes thanks doc im ok. Nothing new though.... awaiting my new HPR Bulletproof any day now
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

So you've abandoned this build ?
    Never did reach that prophesied 100+, hey ...

Why is that . ?
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    So you've abandoned this build ?
    Never did reach that prophesied 100+, hey ...

Why is that . ?
    Any chance Kent is an Aries?

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Any chance Kent is an Aries?
    Why?., but yep hehe

Anyway, I'm a little over the speed war. I don't build boats to go fast and brake. The setup in the boat is well capable of 100mph why prove it? So I can have a crash, crack some paint? Tell Doc i told you so? There is hardly lake room here to go at those speeds. I doubt I will reach it, but who knows.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Why?., but yep hehe
    My work partner is an Aries and he likes to start things but seeing it through to the end...That is where I come in.LOL

Boat is done Shawn, taking her out almost every weekend. Sports use in the 80 mph range on 6s. Have no immediate desire to take that thing up to 100. The HPR may be a different story, it sure wont have a $1400 paint job.

Just buggin' ya. I am just building the Komodo for sport boating.I don't have much desire to "push" that one.Get my Shocker back though and it is "game on".

Haha.
    Always said you were scared to go fast, Kent.

C u at 10.00
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Why?., but yep hehe

Anyway, I'm a little over the speed war. I don't build boats to go fast and brake. The setup in the boat is well capable of 100mph why prove it? So I can have a crash, crack some paint? Tell Doc i told you so? There is hardly lake room here to go at those speeds. I doubt I will reach it, but who knows.
    You doubt you can reach it ?
    What ???
    Since May15th and 600+ posts proclaiming 100+mph German designed supremacy you now cower away ?

There's a vast area of larger water here , Kent ... surely you remember your 142km(92mph) 'bad day' ... ?

Clear, clean open water.. just 2 obstacles exist.. foam buoys either end the +400M(4000') straight.... You'd be a true clown to hit one, hey ! ....

Pull that nervous finger to 100% and show what real 100+mph smiles look like.
    Last edited by drwayne; 11-17-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    You doubt you can reach it ?
    What ???
    Since May15th and 600+ posts proclaiming 100+mph German designed supremacy you now cower away ?

There's a vast area of larger water here , Kent ... surely you remember your 142km(92mph) 'bad day' ... ?

Clear, clean open water.. just 2 obstacles exist.. foam buoys either end the +400M(4000') straight.... You'd be a true clown to hit one, hey ! ....

Pull that nervous finger to 100% and show what real 100+mph smiles look like.
    I definitely don't cower away. I'm sorry if you missed the point? For me it has never been about the speed, but rather a good looking quality boat with nice hardware. I have never claimed anything but my so called 92mhp, nor does the title state 100mph boat (come and watch) I always keep saying it has the potential to do better. Yes one day out of the blue, I may pull the 100mph. Until then.....fun fun

Kent I don't think u have anything to prove. We all know your setup can hit 100 Mph no problem. Anyone who doesn't think so is crazy lol along with German components being pretty much the best thing out there. I don't think I will ever own another non German boat / parts. I have no desire to take my other boats out except if I have a friend / family thats running with me using my stuff.

I do just think they are fun to build.And every now and then we get to play in the water on a sunny day,that is why I do it.

And,er,hum, MY NAME IS SHAWN AND I AM AN ....

I hear u Shawn the day boats aren't fun to build is the day I leave the hobby for good. I run boats to have a good time only plus it's even better when my girl or daughter are out there with me. My girl runs a mean machine and my daughter and me are building a BBY micro scat cat. After seeing the quality of German products it's hard for me to want anything else. They are just a pleasure to build.

Dead thread? Hope not. Ordered last week the Trimax drives from MHZ and they'll arrive tomorrow by Fedex. Next saturday the hull willl go to the painter for the clear coating.

Hope not LOL, just not any chacges or runs lately. Will do some more testing on 8s when I get a chance...and even some tests with my new 6s 50c 5800mph Entropy packs !!

Kent? 5800mph packs? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnlimited View Post
    Kent? 5800mph packs? Really?
    Yep super FAST LOL

sorry 5800mah hehe (hate those auto spell whatever)

Guys
    Does someone know if there are templates to drill the holes in the transom for the trimax drives in the hull? My drives arrived today.

Mr unlimited do u have a build thread I would like to follow it. The build sounds very interesting

Oh and kent where can I get the 5800 MPH packs sounds awesome and sorry for the double post

www.v10power.ws is my blog

Kent, how did you measure the holes for the drives?

Kent, how did you measure the holes for the drives?
    ...I used a template only made in paper printed on my printer
    here is how https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...529#post420529

Guys,
    What loctite do I use for glueing the flexshafts into the outdrive-axles: 603 or 638?

I use 648, but I think the ones you mentioned will work as well

Thanks Kent, what is the length you have cut the flexshafts before glueïng?

Well Mr Unlimited what is your complete setup for your Mystic 1380mm ?

I bought these week 730KV Protues motors, I'll expect them to arrive next week. They will be powered by 10s lipo each. As for the probs I'll contact Andy Brown to modify some 2 blade prop for me and for esc I 'll go for the new Fliermodel 300A esc which can be programmed like the hobbywing esc (I run a Xerun 60A in my Tamiya Avante2011).

730kv on 10s? That would not be fast, unless they turn to 1360 in wye mode?

Thanks Kent, what is the length you have cut the flexshafts before glueïng?
    Didn't make any cuts before gluing. I just glued them in, and then cut to size after I measured the distance. I used a flex cable to measure. Feed it up till it hits the motor shaft, then apply some tape on the prop end and use that as a guide.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast