Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic 1380mm build

I think the Doc has some 5518/3 from propshop, wonder if I can pull them safely. Potential to hit 100mph with something like that! That's if the lehners can handle it. Few more days and hull should be here.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Can't wait to see this
    I bought the Hpr drives by the way they should shpi out monday thanks for the help
    Chris g

Congrats on getting the HPR, I was a 1/1000's of an inch from getting the 135 HPR!!! MHZ gave me a deal I couldnt refuse so I ended up with that. Hanspeter has some amazing Hulls though. and I always enjoy watching them getting build :) Kinda glad I got the MHZ though, just look at Christians new turbine powered monster! "so I keep telling myself anyway"

Would be good to follow your build threat, all the best of luck. (although luck is for the unprepared)
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Hull should arrive tomorrow or the day after, really looking forward to this one. Hopefully everything is in one piece.

Those are nice, but they dont ship to the US.

Sure they do, I just got a set of there professional line couplers in the mail today, 8mm by 6.35 or 1/4 flrex

Ah, I guess he's selective then - this is the reply I got when I tried to order the drives:

I don`t send this parts in USA. Sorry.
    I transfers your Money back.

Mit besten Grüßen / best regards

Jochen Preugschat

HOHOHO, HULL is here .... In my car

C'mon open it!!!

OK, She's here!!!
    Thought I'd share the first photos. Looks smaller in the picture but shes quite big compared. (maybe because the 114 sits higher on the stand) This should be alot of fun.
    Also ordered some carbon 3.5mm sheets, that I will be using + servo arms that I will be polishing chrome. I think I will go back to the traditional motor mounts as I want to use the 8mm thrust bearings. How ever, there will be 2 mounts per side on the front. Sorta like the honey combe design but without the combe. first mount will have the 14mm center hole for the motor bearing half way through, the second just the 8mm for the shaft. then a 0.5mm aluminium plate, for the thrust bearing. Both mounts will screw togeter with a 4mm spacer. So it will look like the honey combe but instead 7mm of carbon. It will then have the lehner bracket for the back support.

DSCN0010.JPGDSCN0014.JPGDSCN0015.JPGDSCN0017.JPG

Looking nice!!!

I will follow this build!

Thank you Remmie, will follow yours too

Ok Guys,
    to better understand what I'm planning to do with the mounts here is a little drawing. So 2 mounts for the front bonded with spacers. 1 mount for the back from Lehner. (will make a back bracket so it can screw on and come off anytime.

Motormounts 1380 overlook.jpg

Congrats Nata! Welcome to the 50+ club:) AKA just for men! Lol

LOL Thank you.. Less talking dont you have work to do ??? LOL

I'm only allowed to post bullspit on threads other than my own! Lol

Lol me too!!!

Nata looks great man I wish you luck with the build

Nata,

I like the design of your motor mounts, but (forgive me) I do not understand the idea behind it.
    Why double on the front?

Kent,how big are the Lehners compared to the 1717's? Just curious. Looks like a good mount setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Remmie81 View Post
    Nata,

I like the design of your motor mounts, but (forgive me) I do not understand the idea behind it.
    Why double on the front?
    Remmie,
    The idea serves a couple of things. I have learned my lessons from the past. Let me explain. Soon as you leave room for the wind up (3mm) the stingers just sit there and hold the shaft in place. All the preasure/load is on the bearings of the motors and the mount itself holding the motors, making it very easy to break if you have a crash or hit something in the water. The purpose of this setup is, the 2 mounts help each other and become double the strengh or more. instead of all the power be located on one 3.5mm mount its now in an area of 10mm (2x3.5mm plus gap) it also allows me to run extended bolts through the mounts and cover with epoxy (total area covered with epoxy will be close to 20mm) The mount will never give!!! Also, I'm saving the motors by having a thrust bearing on the second/front mount. that means the collet will push on the bearing of the mount and not the bearing of the motors.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Kent,how big are the Lehners compared to the 1717's? Just curious. Looks like a good mount setup.
    I think the Lehners are on path with the 1717 but in a smaller package. If I understand right the Lehners will handle alot more RPM. They seem to be build like a brick and no wobly parts and loose bearings like the 1717's have. But power wise, I think its close. I will benefit from the RPM and the fact I can run both 5s-(6s HOT) and 8s just by swopping leads.
    The lehners are slightly thinner but a bit longer 1/2" or so

Unique motor mount design. Sounds like you are going for bullet proof-ness. Any chance you'll put some fillets in those inside corners? Sharp inside corners are stress risers, but it seems no one bothers rounding them on these motor mounts - not that I've ever heard of one breaking.

The hull makes those Lehners look tiny. I would've needed a roof rack or a trailer to get it home! This will be an awesome build.

Quote Originally Posted by Prop-a-Gator View Post
    Unique motor mount design. Sounds like you are going for bullet proof-ness. Any chance you'll put some fillets in those inside corners? Sharp inside corners are stress risers, but it seems no one bothers rounding them on these motor mounts - not that I've ever heard of one breaking.

The hull makes those Lehners look tiny. I would've needed a roof rack or a trailer to get it home! This will be an awesome build.
    HEHE,
    Not going bullet prof, but want to make sure motors stay in place and not move. You just never know what might happen. Its not going to harm making it stronger. Your quite right, the Lehners look so small. Its amazing they have enough power to push the hull 90+mph (not saying thats what I will do) but the power is there on the right setup. I will definetly do my best to make everything line up and make everything run as smooth as I can. Measure twice, make a template then test and install.

Thanks for the explanation.
    I think its a perfect solution!!!

Grtz Remmie

Thank you Remmie, I hope it will work in my favor. The whole idea is to make an even better build than the 114. The last thing I want is parts flying off or misfailure because of me. I run in a small lake with people around. It's better to take precaution and make it right.

Ok,
    Been spending some time on the drawing board. Here are the Carbon parts.
    Complete 1380 Mounts.jpg

Nice job.

That'll look cool in there bud.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast