Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic 1380mm build

Shawn, at one point you just gotta be happy? I think I'll be ok with 80-90mph that's still quite fast.
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Yeah if I can get that reliably I'll be happy.Then it will be time to go bigger and carry this knowledge along.Learning this prop stuff is fun to me.Oh,and the vid making.hehe

I hear ya shawn! I skipped a few steps and just wen bigger LOL

Anyway, here are the mounts installed, first with some spots of epoxy, then Sikaflex along the sides. This should prevent the mounts from flying off in a crash. Dont look the best, but this is a step I won't compromise for looks :)
    I may do a second layer once dry, that way I can smoothen it all out.

Mounts 1.jpg
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

Build is on hold untill I get the parts from Germany......Come on DHL you slack B******* grrrrrr..... Good new is, I got props coming from propshop and Chris (dasboata) 57mm re to 52 S/B

So which ones are you having done?Are you going for pitch?And I guess you mean 55's cut down.

52's should be good on that hull.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    So which ones are you having done?Are you going for pitch?And I guess you mean 55's cut down.

52's should be good on that hull.
    Chris (dasboata) is doing Octura L/R 457 reduced to 52 and what ever pitch that will end up being? from propshop its just their SS 5017/2 I just want something close to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Chris (dasboata) is doing Octura L/R 457 reduced to 52 and what ever pitch that will end up being? from propshop its just their SS 5017/2 I just want something close to compare.
    Ah,I gotcha.I like my 5017's.I'm going to have to figure out this pitch change when cutting them down.

Hello everyone, got the new AS26.150 EVO ll ESC's today all look cool. Only problem, I have spend all night trying to throttle calibrate them, with no luck.grrrrr anyone here know how to do it? Could it be the spektrum radio/reciever? Gotta blame something...... I'm usually ok with things like this, but these are wired.

Hey Kent fir some reason with my spectrum radio I have to set the throttle trim down to about 95 % else some of my esc's won't calibrate I don't kniwvif thus Helios u but worth a shot

Hmm I feel a little dumb, but then again not. I don't like to experiment with anything until I know it's ok to do so. I couldn't get those things to work and didn't know what to blame. When your convinced your doing it right and it don't work, you wonder. Anyway, I wasn't going to play with trims on the radio untill I knew I was doing the rest right. Make sense? It would just be more variables to worry about if the radio was set wrong. Anyway CONGRATS to Manuel. Magic word was 125% trim on throttle channel yeah!!. Got it right in first go. Not even a glitch!!. Now to the micro review ........ These things have controll!!! Pull the throttle gently and you can watch the shaft spin up from 0-whatever! Just as if you were turning them by hand. In other words it will spin the motors so slow you can watch them spin. Hit full throttle and motors instantly rew up. Sooooo we'll see how they perform on the lake.

Allright,somebody is HAPPY!!!

That's funny that it's 125 percent !!!! That's what my spectrum dx3c has to be set at to work correctly with my hydra ices. Then for my yge's it needs to be at 96 percent. Did u get my pm I sent u of all the settings for a bunch of different controllers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    That's funny that it's 125 percent !!!! That's what my spectrum dx3c has to be set at to work correctly with my hydra ices. Then for my yge's it needs to be at 96 percent. Did u get my pm I sent u of all the settings for a bunch of different controllers ?
    Nah? What PM. Didn't get it bud.

Ok, All seem to be working normal now. here is a look inside, and a video as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q5QB...ature=youtu.be

AS controller back to normal.jpgAS controller close up.jpgAS controller.jpg

That is smooth Kent.Can't wait for the result.

Me either, want to get this thing back in the water before I forget how to drive it LOL "not that I ever knew"

Hi Kent,

looking great to far. These AS 26.150's definitely have a precise throttle response and work very smooth.

regards,
    manuel

Thank you Manuel, and thank you for getting them for me. Hopefully they work nicely under load as well.

Slow
    too slow

a week has passed and no post from Kent
    have you given up all hope ?
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post
    Slow
    too slow

a week has passed and no post from Kent
    have you given up all hope ?
    Yup........................NO! Just a little busy at the moment. And when I miss my Sat-Sun 10am window that's it. Either too much wind or too much on. But I promise you .....I'll be faster LOL.

I hate to tell u this but I will b fastest lol looks great buddy

Well Chris if you didn't have all that fancy gear I may have argued different LOL. I keep telling myself it's not about speed. Still very curious to see what she does on 8s, having 57 cut to 52 coming from dasboata as well. Should be fast ish. 85mph?? Maybe? As long as she does that any day I'll be cool, and doc will still be trying to catch me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    and doc will still be trying to catch me LOL

only reason Id be behind you, is because i was about to pass you again ...
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Quote Originally Posted by drwayne View Post

only reason Id be behind you, is because i was about to pass you again ...
    ...and then you woke up thinking "got Him"

mhh my chances for being the fastest are not bad either...

regards,
    manuel

@ Manuel, not counting you in LOL your boats have special powers.......LOL but your more than welcome to cast that spel on my boat.

That's why I send Manuel about 50 emails a day if I were him I would of blocked me a long time ago lol especially with how many questions I ask him. I can't say thank you enough this goes to u too Kent

Hey no problem Chris :) just get that thing in the water (hmm that goes for me too)

Got L/R SS 5017/2 from Propshop, time to sharpen props and see what this thing does on 8s :)

Wahoo!!

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast