Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic 1380mm build

For me, as long as they hold up and dont fly off, resulting in a bad accident I'm happy :) So far I like them
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Google found me this ...
    The high strength of the copper beryllium alloys is attained by age hardening . The alloy is given an age hardening treatment for an hour or more at a temperature between 200 and 460 C, and allowed to air cool.
    Dont sharpen the blade to a razor before the process, or the edge will be brittle. Do so afterwards.
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Hello Guys,

could someone forward me the link to the discussion at FC about 80K rpm on the Lehners??

BTW: max. 45k rpm are enough for >130mph just as an info.

And for props: Decent quality are Octuras machined from Andy Brown, also available here in the OSE shop. I made excellent experience with these.

regards,
    Manuel

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelW View Post
    Hello Guys,

could someone forward me the link to the discussion at FC about 80K rpm on the Lehners??

And for props: Decent quality are Octuras machined from Andy Brown, also available here in the OSE shop. I made excellent experience with these.

regards,
    Manuel
    Thanks for clearing that up Manuel, I didnt think any Lehner would spin 80k rpm. I know I would want to be very far from them.....
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

With help from our Guro ManuelW, I was able to complete the not so successfull pickups. Fingers crossed they work.

Should work Pick up with low edge MW.jpg

Hello Guys,

regards,
    Manuel
    Hi Manuel,this topic came up due to pushing the TP motors past that 45K rpm and the results.But here is the link
    http://fightercat57.freeforums.org/t...ated-t853.html

Mhh, a little strange and maybe even dangerous recommendations. I mean I know applications for LMT's with 100k rpm stable but thats a completely different world than our boats.
    One of the guys running the highest rpms here is a friend of mine named Hennes, he runs several boats with up to 65K rpm loaded. And thats what it sounds like:

But that takes YEARS of experience and a lot of knowledge. These speeds are also possible with less than 40K rpm. So be aware, high rpm setups may sound great and can achieve very high speeds but also demand knowledge and accept hardly any mistakes at all!!

For the TP issue: Mhh 1600kv on 8S is not so much, I can hardly imagine a rotor will disintegrate due to temperature/high current. I see the problem more in too high rpms and bad armouring. I've already seen a few 4-pole motors from other manufacturers with bad armouring of the rotor and when these fail the rotor almost explodes. But we'll see, when everything gets right next week I'll build a HPR C5009 with 2x TP 2350kv on 6S each. Should be fine for ~100mph.

regards,
    Manuel

Mhh, a little strange and maybe even dangerous recommendations. I mean I know applications for LMT's with 100k rpm stable but thats a completely different world than our boats.
    One of the guys running the highest rpms here is a friend of mine named Hennes, he runs several boats with up to 65K rpm loaded. And thats what it sounds like:

But that takes YEARS of experience and a lot of knowledge. These speeds are also possible with less than 40K rpm. So be aware, high rpm setups may sound great and can achieve very high speeds but also demand knowledge and accept hardly any mistakes at all!!

For the TP issue: Mhh 1600kv on 8S is not so much, I can hardly imagine a rotor will disintegrate due to temperature/high current. I see the problem more in too high rpms and bad armouring. I've already seen a few 4-pole motors from other manufacturers with bad armouring of the rotor and when these fail the rotor almost explodes. But we'll see, when everything gets right next week I'll build a HPR C5009 with 2x TP 2350kv on 6S each. Should be fine for ~100mph.

regards,
    Manuel
    Thanks for helping with your knowledge Manuel.It is good to have you checking in.So you feel that my TP 1820kv's on 7s shouldn't be too bad for a couple passes?
    I've got 4518's, X447's,648's and 5017's in 2 blade counter rotating to try.

Shawn

Come on weekend, want this bird back in the pond LOL, and test the pickups. Waiting 3 weeks for carbon as well

The way you go through carbon plate I figured you would have a stock pile of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    The way you go through carbon plate I figured you would have a stock pile of it.
    Oh yeah, got the carbon factory out the back. Just make my own LOL

I just sent some to the Philippines Kent.Don't you make your own by now.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I just sent some to the Philippines Kent.Don't you make your own by now.
    That's what I am saying

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    That's what I am saying
    If he was to know the right pilot or "flight attendant",they could throw them out on the way to the Philippines for him.

If he was to know the right pilot or "flight attendant",they could throw them out on the way to the Philippines for him.
    Lol that's great

Guys guys, LOL! I'm being serious here....lol anyway I hope the pickups will work well for the weekend. I have this thing in my mind to go out both Saturday and Sunday morning. I'm really happy with the new cat, so happy I invested in a pair of AS26.150 evo ll. they should be a great compliment to the Lehners. Hoping to be around the 140-150km/h for this setup (8s). She's already quite nice on the water.

Hello Shawn,

well at least the 1820kv on 7S has less rpm than the 2350kv on 6S we are going to use. But at least hopefully we'll find out in less than 2 weeks. At the moment the plan is to build the complete boat from receiving the hull to maiden run in just 7 days. Could be an interesting review.

But I think the 4518/2 or even 5017/2 are a little overkill on that setup, depending what speeds you are aiming for?

regards,
    manuel

Hello Shawn,

well at least the 1820kv on 7S has less rpm than the 2350kv on 6S we are going to use. But at least hopefully we'll find out in less than 2 weeks. At the moment the plan is to build the complete boat from receiving the hull to maiden run in just 7 days. Could be an interesting review.

But I think the 4518/2 or even 5017/2 are a little overkill on that setup, depending what speeds you are aiming for?

regards,
    manuel
    Well we'll see I guess.I have a 16s 300 amps twin ESC coming my way.

hahaha
    you guys crack me up.
    Philippines is 3000 miles north of our sleepy little CBD, Adelaide.
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Yes but is was a very nice gesture to offer his way lol

You guys crack me up....how about some constructive talk LOL.....

Hey Shawn, did you say you have a twin esc's coming? Does that work well.?

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Hey Shawn, did you say you have a twin esc's coming? Does that work well.?
    Not sure yet.I'm doing the testing on one of two,Carl is doing the other in a twin mono I believe.12s in the Shocker.I haven't done a HV setup yet.
    These ESC's are 16s 300amps.

Should I try the 7s on the 1800's?

Dont know for USA, but down here anything over 50VDC needs an electrician's license to handle.
    12S just scrapes in

Interested in how these FC ESC go, some his stuff is good.

W

Another day out with the Doc! turned out ok ..ish
    Boat returned with everything around 40-45c degrees, but a loose collett made a bit of smoke..... "thank whoever" for the flex saver collar. around 100km/h on 6s

When ever uploaded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFd2E...ature=youtu.be

Yep, a nice day
    Everything returned cool or cold (Pilot and cameraman the coldest 's middle winter here in Au ! Brrrr )

We couldnt see any escaping, but assume that the enlarged water picker uppers were doing just that

W

Great to hear the cooling is working!!

Yes Yes,BRAVO.Now where are the bigger props? More cells?

Yes Yes,BRAVO.Now where are the bigger props? More cells?
    Hehe, don't know about the bigger props but more cells should get her moving. I really like the sound of this girl in the water...

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast