Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MHZ Mystic 1380mm build

Default MHZ Mystic 1380mm build

Hello Everyone,
    I thought I would start this thread as I have the Carbon/Kevlar 1380mm 54" MHZ Mystic on order including hardware. Should be here next week or so.

The plan is to keep this one on a semi budget but make use of my Lehners (2250/5 D on 5s) or (2250/8.5 Wye on 8s) May be a bit on the short side but I'm not looking for TOP speed at the moment 130-150km/h. I would rather spend the time to get a nice build and paint job, and ofcause have some fun on the big lake.

I havent desided on a theme yet, but I quite like the Lehner colours for the inside of the hull (black purple & chrome) so lots of carbon, anodized aluminium & polished steel.

If anyone have any ideas, please share so we can all learn something.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Do you have the drives yet? The new click drives are really nice! Similar to Christians drives on his turbine HPR.

Wow, those are really nice. But I already ordered the MHZ, same with the rudder, I got the scale rudder from MHZ as well
    http://shop.mhz-powerboats.com/categ...---4-75mm.html
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook

I guess those will work! :)

Hmmm you should have known what was on my mind and told me yesterday lol
    Man, I really like those. I couldn't figure out, do they have ball bearings installed?

Just ordered, SAVOX SC-1251MG Low Profile Digital Servo. Should be ok

MHZ external antennas are nice, clean and removeable!

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser77 View Post
    MHZ external antennas are nice, clean and removeable!
    You got a link to those? - like the idea :)

These are not just ok.. they are great i have 3 of these used for my boats . Good call on the servo i would say!

Quote Originally Posted by battlefury View Post
    These are not just ok.. they are great i have 3 of these used for my boats . Good call on the servo i would say!
    Thanks Felix, I ment great

Thats the appropriate length!
    Definitely my next project.

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    You got a link to those? - like the idea :)
    http://shop.mhz-powerboats.com/RC/Supplies/

I'm using the small version that I got from a forum member should work great.

What exactly does this mini antenna do? I've seen these on some boats while I've also seen a really short antenna tube. For the spectrum MR200/MR3000, the exposed antenna wire is only like 3" long if that.

It does the same thing, just a clean and removable external antenna mount that will extend the range. A must for carbon hulls.

So how does it work with a co axial cable/antenna wire?

It's got a washer with a eye to attach the rx antenna to the external antenna lower shaft that attaches to the hull.

So your Rx wire itself remains in the hull or is it threaded through the loops on this MHZ antenna?

The rx wire stays in the hull and the external antenna with the loops is what is removable after running/storage.

Hi

Do you use this kind of antenna with a 2,4 ghz radio ?
    - I thought that was a bad idear.

I use this with my 40 mhz radio. And it's realy good and comfy.

Best regards Henrik

I hope it works with 2.4, thats what im going to use it with. we shall see.

I love the idea of a removable antenna, can someone confirm it works with 2.4ghz?..... Maybe I can get an extra long antenna and win the "INCH" game over bruiser LOL 2" short damn LOL

What are you guys comparing now...

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    What are you guys comparing now...
    Hey Shawn, stick to the subject LOL - the thread here is My new "big" boat! LOL, dont destract bruiser, he's got work to do!

Ok, back to the real world again. Just looking at propshop's site. where would you guys start?
    I'm going to give up on the traditional x447 for a hull this size.

5017/2 - 5517/2 or in the 60's ?

I think I'm hooked on the 8s setup motor is around 1380kv in wye mode

With that size boat you probably wanna run a 442 at max!!!!! LOL! I'm so distRacted now! LOL!

I would think something in the 55 range should be appropriate.Should have some choices there.Fightercat has 5518's
    Mind you with 1380kv on 8s that is some RPM.50's or 52's then.

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Hmmm you should have known what was on my mind and told me yesterday lol
    Man, I really like those. I couldn't figure out, do they have ball bearings installed?
    So do these have bearings?I'm still aquiring information for my winters build.It may have gotton bigger now.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    So do these have bearings?I'm still aquiring information for my winters build.It may have gotton bigger now.
    I would ever only build what I can fit on the back seat LOL. RPM wise I'll be in the 37k on 8s so it should pull a 50' something prop. 140km/h would be nice.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast