Thread: New build - EKOS to Single...suggestions please

Default New build - EKOS to Single...suggestions please

Hello,

I haven't even gotten my fightercat shocker running properly yet but i'm already moving on to another boat. I have a EKOS hull that I purchased here along with these items listed below, lmk what you guys think. Some of the stuff I had laying around. I have never put together a boat from scratch before but have been reading up on how to and I hope it's going to work out. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated, mainly looking for feedback on this combination.

EKOS C1 Hull
    Single 4092 1730KV Motor
    Fighter Cat 300A LV ESC
    5-6S lipos
    3/16 drive cable
    110mm strut/rudder combo
    Last edited by b20btec; 05-10-2012 at 08:02 AM.

make sure you reinforce that hull the build sounds overkill to me but it should work but then again i dont know what size lipos you plan on running but your limited on how thick the packs can be if your going to place them in the sponsons. i measured about 37mm maybe 38 max i can fit into my fc rivercat and its pretty much the same size as my ekos.

Quote Originally Posted by madmorgan View Post
    make sure you reinforce that hull the build sounds overkill to me but it should work but then again i dont know what size lipos you plan on running but your limited on how thick the packs can be if your going to place them in the sponsons. i measured about 37mm maybe 38 max i can fit into my fc rivercat and its pretty much the same size as my ekos.
    Good point, I was planning on that, purchased some weave already. I was planning on putting 3s 5000mah into each sponsons, I never did check to see if it would fit. Thanks for the insight. It's probably over kill as you stated.

Moderator, please move this thread to Venom RTR - C1, thanks.