Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Dinogy Brand Batteries

I'll second that Cooper. I detonated a AS240 esc in my 40" mono. Cells were not as hot as the esc and were sitting at 14% afterward. I got lucky.

The motor was a HOR SSS 5694 1200kv that is rated at max 290 amps and that's just how far I pushed it. Sold the motor to Doby as I'm looking for something milder....
    Nortavlag Bulc

I had a little bit of bad luck with a couple of the Dinogy car packs, but Mark took care of it promptly, thus in confidence I went ahead and bought (4) 5s/5000mak for my 45" Sniper, and after about 15 runs I will say, this is one of THE BEST sets of lipos I have ever had. Running them down 4000 mah in a set, I have yet to see much more than a 10 mah(usually single digits) difference going back into the packs on charging, and very short balance time, IR's are barely over 2, and all very close/matched.

Phasing out my Thunder Power arsenal for more Dino's.........Mark, sending you an email now for more packs, any new ETA on 4s/5000's?

Like I said before these dinogys will out perform all other packs. Wait til you hit 100 cycles and they still perform the same as they did when they were new. I refuse to run any other packs in my boats..I have tested every pack out there and will confidently say these are the best...

I just bought an arsenal from Mark. What I really like is he takes the time to shoot you an email if something is backordered. Thanks Mark.

Steve A

I am interested in at least two for my ATOMIK ARC... pm me recommendations... also would like connectors soldered on so they are ready to go if possible...
    thanks
    How do you LAKE it?

I don't know that boat. What size do they recomend. Connectors are no problem. Tell me what kind you need and I will put them on for you.

Mark

Do the 6s 5000mAh 65C come with 6 or 8 AWG wires?

Have ordered a MHZ 138 and some TP 5850 4Y motors so need to feed them the power they need without to much power going to heat the cables;-)

I've read that the wire capasity is:

10 AWG = 140a
    8 AWG = 200a
    6 AWG = 300a

They come with 10 AWG wire.
    I have pushed over 400 amps through 10G wire and I push 170 amps on my 5s 1800 with 12G wire. Those numbers you posted are for constant current which is something your not going to be doing the whole time.

Mark

Thanks for answering, just read a thread about getting to much heat with to small wires will result in loosing x amount of power. The maximum amp pull for the motors are 222a, continous they may reach past 150-160a. Wount the 10 awg be on the smallest side?

At 150 to 160 amps those motors will get hot before the wires do.

Mark

Thanks, just need to be on the safe side:-) many recommended your battery packs as the brand to buy. Only thing i were worried about were the wire. But then no worried:-)

**Spelling from hell caused by autocorrect on the Ipad. (Norwegian auto on)

Quote Originally Posted by MrDriveby View Post
    Do the 6s 5000mAh 65C come with 6 or 8 AWG wires?

Have ordered a MHZ 138 and some TP 5850 4Y motors so need to feed them the power they need without to much power going to heat the cables;-)

I've read that the wire capasity is:

10 AWG = 140a
    8 AWG = 200a
    6 AWG = 300a

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    They come with 10 AWG wire.
    I have pushed over 400 amps through 10G wire and I push 170 amps on my 5s 1800 with 12G wire. Those numbers you posted are for constant current which is something your not going to be doing the whole time.

Mark
    Thanks for answering, just read a thread about getting to much heat with to small wires will result in loosing x amount of power. The maximum amp pull for the motors are 222a, continous they may reach past 150-160a. Wount the 10 awg be on the smallest side?
    Thanks, just need to be on the safe side:-) many recommended your battery packs as the brand to buy. Only thing i were worried about were the wire. But then no worried:-)
    try not to listen to those who talk about wire size on packs
    cur for one the lenght we use is very short..
    and second the battery tabs are much much more important on our packs that wire size
    I have some packs with 12AWG that beat out some packs with 8AWG wires
    and I know these packs Mark sells have possible the best cell tabs of any brand on the market today.. along with another brand I like very much

without good cell tabs the pack will be limited on the power it can deliver
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Is the website down? I went on there to look around it is was showing 404 error?
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Thanks Brushless55 for a good and simple explanation to my question:-)

I just wanted to say how pleased I am with the Dinogy packs I am trying out. This weekend, I put one of my Dinogy 65c 5000mah 4s packs in a friends PS295 P-limited tunnel (UL-1 motor and esc). He was using Gens Ace 5300mah 30-35c (cant remember which c rating). With the simple change of packs in his hull, which he has running very tight on the water, went from 47 to 49mph on radar. He ran both packs within a 15 min time frame, so the conditions were the same.

I also cannot say how impressed I am with the same 5000mah 4s pack in my 33.5" tunnel, with Neu 1521, castle ice 200amp esc running upper 50's. It handled the amp draw with ease, and the battery temps came back extremely low. My 35c Hyperion packs would not have been able to handle that amp load as a 1p setup like the Dinogy did.

I only purchased a few of these packs so far, but they definately will be all I run in the future. Mark F. is also a great person to deal with!

Mike Luszcz
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Anybody have three hundred cycles on these packs yet??
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I don't even have my batteries yet (just ordered them today) but I have to say that Mark is awesome! I sent a question about connectors through the dinogy website late last night and received a return email this morning. I decided to order my batteries but the website was down, so I emailed mark back to let him know. He said he wasn't sure when it would be fixed and walked me through the process of sending a paypal payment and shipped my batteries with ec3 connectors this afternoon...talk about customer service! if these batteries are half as good as you all say I will be very happy...even if they turned out not to be that much better than other brands I will buy them simply because I like the way Mark conducts his business.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Anybody have three hundred cycles on these packs yet??
    I am darn near 300 cycles. I half to be at least 250 maybe higher, and I mean hard abuse. They still run great you can just look at my youtube vids for proof. To be honest with you for the price of these compared to my tp or hyperion packs I didn't care if they made it 300 cycles I can buy 2 sets to my one set. I use dinogys for mostly boating but do use the same sets I have in my cars and trucks. So I can throw a hundred cycles on a set of packs in no time probably a months time. I bring my charger to the lake or woods and charge them while i run down a second and third set. I charge a high c rates and low c rates as well with no problems. I have some dinogys that have been in use since mark first came around and some that are within the past few months and I even series them together with one another and have had no issues at all. Great packs and I will keep buying.

I got my first set of Dinogy's, tried them out on my Titan 29(neu 1515 1y, SK 180 ESC.) I mainly run it on 4s, but lately I've been using my 5s Turnigy Nano-tec 4.0mah 65-130c of course it's faster than 4s. Then this Sunday I used the Dinogy, 5s 5.0 65c pair.

WOW, I did not have the gps on the boat, but it had to be at least 5MPH faster than with the other 5s packs. I ran the same circuit with the same guys. I went from battling for 1st, to pulling out on the straight like the guys were just cruising.
    Q: Do you know the difference between Men and Boys...?
    A: The price of their toys.

Hi Mark,
    Just checked your site for a pair 65c 6s 5000mah packs and I see you're all sold out. When will you be getting more in stock?
    BTW these are some of the best packs I've ever used.

Richard

Hi Richard

There on order and will be here before the end of the month. They haven't giving me a date yet so 2 to 3 weeks is my guess.

Mark

Default For those that think size doesn't matter.

MrDriveby,

Size matters. You can order the packs with 8ga wire.

Any losses weather they are due to the IR of the ESC, connectors, wires, (cell tabs), are losses.

For general use, heat racing, or 2p applications the 10ga wire will meet most peoples needs.
    If you are going to try to get some real work done go with the heavier wire.

Just a FYI from MPE

Doug

PS The battery in the pic was 109'F and 34% after that run. Clearly the battery (5S 6000 65C) was up to the task.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

PS The battery in the pic was 109'F and 34% after that run. Clearly the battery (5S 6000 65C) was up to the task.
    I have a set of the same lipo's that did this. Since I have NO plans on selling them I went ahead and shorten the long wires.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    I have a set of the same lipo's that did this. Since I have NO plans on selling them I went ahead and shorten the long wires.
    Always a good idea.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Perfect let me know when you get them and I'll place an order. The big thaw is beginning!

MrDriveby,

Doug

So is that the heat shrink that melted on the pack?
    was is lying next to some hot motor wires?

thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post

thanks
    Pretty sure the positive on pack itself melted the shrink. My Dinogy packs run pretty hot compared to my hyperions, but they keep performing great otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post

thanks
    That is the#10 battery wire inside the heat shrink. "Size matters"
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    Pretty sure the positive on pack itself melted the shrink. My Dinogy packs run pretty hot compared to my hyperions, but they keep performing great otherwise.
    my Dinogy/Giant Power run warmer than any other pack I own?
    now sure why.... but they do a good job no matter the temps

That is the#10 battery wire inside the heat shrink. "Size matters"
    uh my 25C Gens have 12g wires and rock!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast