Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom Re-Brands to Atomik

Default Venom Re-Brands to Atomik

Good Morning Gents,

Venom brand as you know it has been re-branded to Atomik.
    That's right, Venom will still be there, but batteries and chargers Only.
    All the boats from King of Shaves, to miss Excite to our new Atomik 6s Catamaran

http://www.atomik-rc.com/
    http://www.atomik-rc.com/Store_3/Ele...tric-Boat.html

Bill... You need to get one of those 58" FE Cats and set it up for T-Offshore!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Bill... You need to get one of those 58" FE Cats and set it up for T-Offshore!
    Man, you put 2 and 2 together quick on that one lol
    Something tells me you factored in the release date in correspondence to the nats in your equasion.
    I dunno man, those T-offshores seem awfully fast. Heck, I'd give it a whirl, I've already got the 6s bricks.

Twin Novak systems? That's be fun..

Wonder why the name change?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Wonder why the name change?
    All positive changes.
    Refinement of the different lines is part of it.
    Due to its success Venom is now strictly batteries and charging equipment.

Hopefully they step it up a few notches. Their rtr offerings for boats, especially FE have been junk!

Bill... Think of it more in terms of getting a podium, rather than taking the overall... There are currently only 4-people entered in the class... :D I don't know how Jim drives... but the other three are good and going to have FAST stuff... But... they have to finish to win! :D

Would be a fun experience either way....

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Hopefully they step it up a few notches. Their rtr offerings for boats, especially FE have been junk!
    I knew this was comin' Let's keep the thread positive sir.
    Any concerns you have with quality would be appreciated input to the R&D team.
    Give us a call, or send an email. Much more affective than posting it here.

I will be active in the design and production of some upcoming products.
    Anything I'm behind will be quality and FAST : )

Bill... Think of it more in terms of getting a podium, rather than taking the overall... There are currently only 4-people entered in the class... :D I don't know how Jim drives... but the other three are good and going to have FAST stuff... But... they have to finish to win! :D

Would be a fun experience either way....
    Cumon Jordan, quit teachin these folks me strattegy lol
    Does sound fun though. I want to put something sparkly on it. Sparkly stuff looks KILLER on race boats in the sun.

I had my supervee decked out in sparkly decals, it looked epic at the 2010 nats!

Do you have any more footage or pics of the A.R.C.? I assume its based on the KOS/Segad Hull?

I currently Have The KOS and EKOS and have been pleased with the quality at that price point.

Quote Originally Posted by JonCBrand View Post
    Do you have any more footage or pics of the A.R.C.? I assume its based on the KOS/Segad Hull?

I currently Have The KOS and EKOS and have been pleased with the quality at that price point.
    Indeed sir it is. basically, you will be getting the gas KOS hull converted to electric clad in all Atomik paint scheme.
    Because of your humble request, I will ask my race manager for any more photos. possibly the interior. No promises, but I certainly will ask.

NEWSFLASH! My race manager just emailed me and said he gets back in the office tomorrow and will snap some shots for me to post!!

Possibly the very reason one would do a name change to get away from all the bad crud in the past...
    I know venoms customer service was very bad and even had the customer name blame going on with them...

No reason to change a name if you have a great company to begin with

Now if someone could post the Hobbyking motor that's in this cat, that would be sweet! :)
    Cuz that's only 60bucks or so....
    May try it in my Rio51z for kicks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Possibly the very reason one would do a name change to get away from all the bad crud in the past...
    I know venoms customer service was very bad and even had the customer name blame going on with them...

No reason to change a name if you have a great company to begin with

Now if someone could post the Hobbyking motor that's in this cat, that would be sweet! :)
    You insist upon posting negative things on my thread even when asked constructively not to..
    Folks like you are GREAT for the hobby. Trying to divert consumers to buy overseas from hobby king instead of supporting an American brand.
    I guess sometimes its better to let folks show how much respect they have for the boating community.
    Carry on Brushless..

Bill, when the name change procedure is completed, I assume Atomik will still carry parts for Venom products, another words we will have spare parts support for Venom labeled boats? All the left over items at Tower Hobbies I wonder which name they will be sold under? Not trying to get into this argument, but I personally have had great experience with Customer service, I wish the best for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    All the left over items at Tower Hobbies I wonder which name they will be sold under?
    Just for reference, in case you need another source for parts, Horizon Hobby sells Venom as well:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...:cp=1/:ip=45/:

In this respect... I guess Bill and I could technically be teammates!

Hmmmm... Maybe I need to get one of those BIG FE cats and sign up for T-Offshore at the NATs as well! Of course... fitting the damn thing in the car for the drive to LA might be tough!

Come on, Bill. This is a forum for discussing FE boats.
    MANY people have been very dissapointed with Venom's products, replacement gear, and customer service. Facts like that need to be shared to help others in the future. From the looks of this boat, it is severely under powered.
    My guess..
    Tiny cheap outrunner
    Cheap LV low amp controller
    Driveline too small and metric
    Inline strudder
    Plastic or aluminum prop
    And at least 800 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Bill, when the name change procedure is completed, I assume Atomik will still carry parts for Venom products, another words we will have spare parts support for Venom labeled boats? All the left over items at Tower Hobbies I wonder which name they will be sold under? Not trying to get into this argument, but I personally have had great experience with Customer service, I wish the best for all of us.
    Valid inquiry!
    Yes, all of the Venom parts are still available only they will have an Atomik label http://www.atomik-rc.com/Store_3/Ele...less-Boat.html
    The part numbers remain the same, so you'll get the same stuff weather it has a Venom or atomik label..

Just for reference, in case you need another source for parts, Horizon Hobby sells Venom as well:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...:cp=1/:ip=45/:

In this respect... I guess Bill and I could technically be teammates!

Hmmmm... Maybe I need to get one of those BIG FE cats and sign up for T-Offshore at the NATs as well! Of course... fitting the damn thing in the car for the drive to LA might be tough!
    I saw Venom stuff in the Horizon warehouse in Industry, Ca and was suprised myself lol Horizon is a direct distributor so yes, technically we are under the same umbrella. You could run it and still be brand loyal!

I've got an EKOS and I haven't had any problems with it. I do know that the first version of the EKOS wasn't very good, Venom did go back and change somethings (ie motors) so at least they tried. I haven't had to deal with them yet but I hope the re-brand only improves their FE boat department.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    You insist upon posting negative things on my thread even when asked constructively not to..
    Folks like you are GREAT for the hobby. Trying to divert consumers to buy overseas from hobby king instead of supporting an American brand.
    I guess sometimes its better to let folks show how much respect they have for the boating community.
    Carry on Brushless..
    Are all the parts in your boat built in the USA? If not then they too probably come from overseas. If the end product is made in China and an American company imports it, slaps their name on it and charges twice as much for it, why not skip the middle man? I'm all about the American made product and keeping our money here, but I won't buy a foreign item from a U.S. company for twice the price. The money still goes to someone else.
    Real men have shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Carry on Brushless..
    Wow, someone with a big head
    Interesting YOU come against any member without any NON positive thing to post in a OSE thread (open forums)
    totally reminds me of how Venom who has had to changer there name because of rude comments and blamming customers for failed products
    interesting...

Come on, Bill. This is a forum for discussing FE boats.
    MANY people have been very dissapointed with Venom's products, replacement gear, and customer service. Facts like that need to be shared to help others in the future. From the looks of this boat, it is severely under powered.
    My guess..
    Tiny cheap outrunner
    Cheap LV low amp controller
    Driveline too small and metric
    Inline strudder
    Plastic or aluminum prop
    And at least 800 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dont slow down View Post
    I've got an EKOS and I haven't had any problems with it. I do know that the first version of the EKOS wasn't very good, Venom did go back and change somethings (ie motors) so at least they tried. I haven't had to deal with them yet but I hope the re-brand only improves their FE boat department.

Are all the parts in your boat built in the USA? If not then they too probably come from overseas. If the end product is made in China and an American company imports it, slaps their name on it and charges twice as much for it, why not skip the middle man? I'm all about the American made product and keeping our money here, but I won't buy a foreign item from a U.S. company for twice the price. The money still goes to someone else.
    It's very possoble that because this is a rebranded item, we will see them show up at places like Hobbyking with a much lower price...
    just like venom products could be had from other sources for much less that the uploaded prices venom had

and it is because of these OPEN forums that venom did indeed change there prices on many things as word got out they were just tacking on a much higher price for the same item elswhere..
    and that My Friends is a great thing
    in other words, having much respecting for the boating community, and looking out as a true friend does!

Thumbs up

anyone.....

Ya know Bill is easily bated and will defend the company's that help him. He knows that he should ignore the statements and has a hard time staying quite. He loves RC boating and is exurban about it.

Bill chill!

And Brushless55 be cool too.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Got it Randy! :)
    Still need to have ya build me something that hauls A$$ !

Got it Randy! :)
    Still need to have ya build me something that hauls A$$ !
    I will be hear.

Ya know, I would like to get one of these big 58 inch Atomik boats and set one up for fun, racing what ever. I truely love the design and do not have the enegery to build too many more molds.

I wish they would have left the name alone it will be hard to remember Venom was easier. But that is big company's and how they work.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

My chops are wet now looking at this sucker!
    I had a Gas KOS and the cool outrunner would be sweet..
    And only 6s? That's cheap fun.. kinda

What kind of speed was this Atomik boat reaching? It didn't look that fast but it could have been the angle it was being filmed or because it's so big. Bigger boats tend to look slower on video due to their size.
    Real men have shafts.

35 mph... tops
    For me, the problem with a boat like this is... You buy it. Run it a couple times. Then want to upgrade. Now you need to replace the entire driveline, hardware, motor, and esc. Say its an 800 dollar boat. Now you just paid 800 for a hull. One that will need reinforcing. The stock gear wont be worth much at all for resay.

May as well have bought a MHZ Mystic, or HPR hull..

Ya know it would be a good idea for them to sell just hulls. I am always looking on Great Planes for the replacement hulls for these boats. But try and get the CEO of these company's to be on the boards, no way you would shred them to death.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Kinda makes me wish I would have kept my gas KOS for one of these outrunners... but more on 10s vs 6s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast