Thread: Scale 165' Fast Supply Vessel

Default Scale 165' Fast Supply Vessel

Saw Dad this last week on vacation and finally got some slo mo of two of his scale boats. both are made of wood and hand constructed by him from some challenging plans.

Here is his "American Enterprise" in all her glory.
    Here is his island class coast guard cutter.

There will be three in total, each kinda long, but allowing several songs to add to the majesty of slo mo and the great work Dad does.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Those look big how big are they
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

FSV is about 4' and the cutter is 38" I believe. I will confirm with dad and add the details.
    It's amazing what slo mo and camera angle can do to the size of the vessel.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Hey Jesse & Doby,

Thanks for the beautiful videos. In a somewhat sad and nostalgic way they took me back to the "why" of how I started in this hobby; the love of having a realistic and scale looking boat (like my still running but gathering dust on the shelf) Coast Guard boat. I guess I got infected, like many of us, with the "Iwannagofaster Bug" which mutated into the "IthinkImaRacer" bug. Kinda long for the fun days when I stepped off my liveaboard 40 footer, plopped the Coast Guard boat in the water & plowed it through the waves, loving every moment. Ah, the good 'ole days
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Nicely done - booster ? Clever! It puts up a nice rooster. Is it done? Looks like you couldn't stop having fun. Great work!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Nice cool boats,
    Hear something that pretty neat I was looking at.http://reading.craigslist.org/tag/2978491044.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Here is his "American Enterprise" in all her glory.
    Here is his island class coast guard cutter.
    Great videos and great boats. I love the low camera angle of the coastguard cutter and the slow motion works brilliantly. If it's okay with you I may steal this idea - a few nice video souvenirs might give my club's scale modellers a reason to like the fast electric guys. Currently we're seen as noisy, dangerous hooligans with no redeeming features (fair assessment, admittedly).
    Last edited by Mark Thompson; 05-04-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Click here for Fast electric model power boat pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/nospmohtkram

Beautiful models. Love the slow motion filming. Looks so realistic.

Paul.

here is the final part of the trilogy - both running together.

dad kinds flipped out after several months and thinking he had seen all the footage. be sure your sound is up!!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Nice footage (and tunes) ! Love the close-ups that start at @ 10:56 .
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thanks, I saved the best parts for last - bonus for those with a little patience!!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I love looking at what a real craftsman can do. Beautiful ships!
    You're never too old to learn something stupid.