Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Venom/Atomik New 58 Inch Electric Catamaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    All you need to know is that it isn't worth near what they want for it. And it is severely underpowered, plus the motors are failing. What's to like?
    Severely? Seriously? Have you driven this boat or seen it run in person? On what basis or standard is this SEVERELY under powered? Is it because its not one of your custom built boats and its not up to your personal standard?

For the record there is no production boat on the market in the USA from any brand in this size class with this performance. This boat is faster than the gas equivalent.

Its clearly not for you since your way past this kind of RTR product.
    VENOM RACING R&D

But, it is inexpensive. What do you charge for a replacement, again?

http://www.atomik-rc.com/V700-Marine...er-1100Kv.html

Have you priced a Scorpion 45 series motor lately? Or some other motor that can handle this application? This is a 48mm OD motor we are using in this boat.

Just because the price is low doesn't mean its not up to the job and that is exactly what I have been working on with this project. We developed this boat to be able to bring to market a mass produced, high power, larger platform that is, the RC boating world, reasonably priced. If this was so easy then all of the other brands would have one.

...and believe me I tested the $15 inrunners from HK, they worked for maybe 3 runs.
    VENOM RACING R&D

I run a motor just like it in a 30" mono. That's what it's suited for. Being faster than a stock Zen knockoff is nothing to be proud of either. 2k watts in a boat this size is funny. Just like 6s1p is, and a 120 amp esc.

Bottom mine is,this boat isn't worth near what you charge for it. Unless you claim it to be a $800 hull.

Also, it sure as hell is no Scorpion!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
    http://www.atomik-rc.com/V700-Marine...er-1100Kv.html

Have you priced a Scorpion 45 series motor lately? Or some other motor that can handle this application? This is a 48mm OD motor we are using in this boat.

Just because the price is low doesn't mean its not up to the job and that is exactly what I have been working on with this project. We developed this boat to be able to bring to market a mass produced, high power, larger platform that is, the RC boating world, reasonably priced. If this was so easy then all of the other brands would have one.

...and believe me I tested the $15 inrunners from HK, they worked for maybe 3 runs.
    LOL!
    WTF? your comparing this thing to a Scorpion motor? what a joke!
    this motor is about the size of the venom motor for only 45 BUCKS!
    oh but wait, it's rated at 3,000watts not 2k like venom
    http://fightercatracing.com/index.ph...emart&Itemid=1

I run a motor just like it in a 30" mono. That's what it's suited for. Being faster than a stock Zen knockoff is nothing to be proud of either. 2k watts in a boat this size is funny. Just like 6s1p is, and a 120 amp esc.

Bottom mine is,this boat isn't worth near what you charge for it. Unless you claim it to be a $800 hull.
    I had the Gas KOS and let me tell ya it aint much to talk about in stock trim... so this one does not have to work hard to beat it

Also, it sure as hell is no Scorpion!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

You guys are funny and really great at picking my replies apart to suit your arguments. If you read what I wrote carefully this time Im not comparing our motor in any way other than price. Furthermore as I stated in a previous post this motor and ESC combo are good for over 3000 Watts, we underrated our claim of 2000W to be conservative. And... again, let me be clear these are peak values not continuous.

A 37mm OD motor is hardly equivalent to a 48mm OD motor, sorry but your comparison has no merit. If it was then I would have used it because it is less expensive.

Do you really know what 2000-3000W is and how that compares to a 26cc engine, Zenoah or clone?
    Do you understand this boat is lighter and has more power than its gas equivalent or any other RTR 50in class boat? So again how is this substandard? There is no retail product to compare this boat to...period. It is the standard for now.
    Do you guys, Brushless55 and Rumdog, know what it takes to produce these products or do you just enjoy bashing them on forums?

So I'm done with this senseless arguing just for the sake of your entertainment, you don't like the specs, you don't like the product, you don't like the company and you sure don't like me telling you this so just leave it like that and move on to something more productive.

Thanks for your feedback, if anyone is left on here that has some questions regarding the Atomik A.R.C please feel free to ask me.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Nicastro; 06-29-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    VENOM RACING R&D

this thread is done stick a fork in it
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567