Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Venom/Atomik New 58 Inch Electric Catamaran

Id swap out that t-120 to a 180 at minimum. Keep the prop small. Stock is 50mm I read in the manual. And keep a close eye on the heat. Might even be worth it to open up the hatch a little to get some air circulating in there, and seal up the speed control in the radio box. Or coat it real good with corrosion X.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I've got a few of those decals.
    I don't get why anyone would buy any Venom boat, or boat products.
    Notice you haven't curbed anyone's enthusiasm for our boats?
    Folks buy Venom and will continue to. If you stepped back and looked at the threads you're doing this on, its not making you, or FE look good to newbies
    Give it a rest man..

Quote Originally Posted by JIM MARCUM View Post
    FYI: Atomik A.R.C 58" RTR Electric Boat

"This 58” RTR Electric boat is the first large-scale factory electric that out performs it’s gas counterparts. Not to mention, no smelly gas or tedious engine tuning.

The Atomik design team pulled out all the stops with a whopping 2000 watts of brushless electric power out of the stock 1100Kv outrunner mounted in a water-cooled CNC aluminum motor mount. All that power is controlled with a robust 120A water-cooled ESC for a 40+ mph out of the box top speed.

The hand-laid fiberglass hull features full color Atomik racing color scheme protected by a durable gel coat, pre-installed laser cut radio box and battery tray system, which will accompany a single 6S (22.2V) LiPO battery, but is also expandable for up to a 12S configuration. The A.R.C also comes standard with CNC Aluminum running hardware and the fully adjustable Flexdrive system for precise trim tuning."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. NO WAY this is VENOM. My converted Venom gasser is tough as a mule. Turns almost as well too. JIM
    Jim, you're a positive boater. I see you. I like your positive attitude. The eyes are on you for sponsorship recommendation NO PROMISES but I like the way you roll..

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    I was thinkin leopard 5692 around 1000kv on 8s with a 240a speedy.

This quote below does crack me up a bit:

"The Atomik design team pulled out all the stops with a whopping 2000 watts of brushless electric power out of the stock 1100Kv outrunner mounted in a water-cooled CNC aluminum motor mount. All that power is controlled with a robust 120A water-cooled ESC for a 40+ mph out of the box top speed."

It is a good lookin' hull...............with some TLC, fiber inlay reiforcement, and a 5692 it would be a nice boat........probably a 55 mph jobby.

This boat is most likely targeted for those that want big but dont need huge speed(the well-to-do white collar guy gettin' out on the weekend), we on this Forum tend to always go for the big speed...........racing.................SAW........ etc.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post

This quote below does crack me up a bit:

"The Atomik design team pulled out all the stops with a whopping 2000 watts of brushless electric power out of the stock 1100Kv outrunner mounted in a water-cooled CNC aluminum motor mount. All that power is controlled with a robust 120A water-cooled ESC for a 40+ mph out of the box top speed."

It is a good lookin' hull...............with some TLC, fiber inlay reiforcement, and a 5692 it would be a nice boat........probably a 55 mph jobby.

This boat is most likely targeted for those that want big but dont need huge speed(the well-to-do white collar guy gettin' out on the weekend), we on this Forum tend to always go for the big speed...........racing.................SAW........ etc.

The boat could definitely use some more HP for the experienced boater, but as you said its targeted after the weekend warrior.
    I've never bough an rc model and expected to run the stock stuff in it for too long personally. When I get involved with the power systems it will be a different story and its in the works..
    As the most travelled FE racer in the country, I have rarely seen ANY production RTR boats used in SAW OR Racing unless its a designated club class for that particular boat. SAWS almost never.

Your constructive opinion without bashing is appreciated thank you.
    Affective way of providing feed back.

Dont send me crybaby PM's asking me to stop posting if you want to TRY to antagonize me.
    Did you taddle yet?

On topic...
    What gets me is that Venom chooses the use THE cheapest possible components to make the boat move. I cant wait to see how much M.S.R.P is on this thing.
    Buying it to upgrade is ridiculous. The cost involved would be double than if you were to buy a quality hull and build yourself. Every bit of gear in and on this boat would have to go to hold up to the necessary power to move it well.
    What is Atomik's warranty policy for FE boats?

Dont send me crybaby PM's asking me to stop posting if you want to TRY to antagonize me.
    Did you taddle yet?

On topic...
    What gets me is that Venom chooses the use THE cheapest possible components to make the boat move. I cant wait to see how much M.S.R.P is on this thing.
    Buying it to upgrade is ridiculous. The cost involved would be double than if you were to buy a quality hull and build yourself. Every bit of gear in and on this boat would have to go to hold up to the necessary power to move it well.
    Dear Rumdog?

Indeed in all humillity I asked you to stop following my every post with nagativity in a PM as any self respecting person would do.
    I realize you need to make a name for yourself "typing to hear the keys click", but not off my winning name. I have no more response to your bitterness.

I do feel sorry for anyone with such pent up anger. I hope things get better for ya'.
    No I didn't "tattle" on you, you're doing an EXCELLENT job yourself of projecting an image : )

I love my image. Its the one you see in my avitar.
    Last edited by BILL OXIDEAN; 05-10-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Did you taddle yet?

On topic...
    Rumdog, its sad others choose to act like a child when trying to sell this venom boat, when your only posting comments..

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Dear Rumdog?

Indeed I asked you to stop following my every post with nagativity in a PM as any self respecting person would do.
    I realize you need to make a name for yourself "typing to hear the keys click", but not off my winning name. I have no more response to your bitterness.

I do feel sorry for anyone with such pent up anger. I hope things get better for ya'.
    No I didn't "tattle" on you, you're doing an EXCELLENT job yourself of projecting an image : )

Wow dude, get over yourself!
    this is like traxxas/venom forums here...
    slap anyone who has a comment that's not 100% pro traxxas/venom!
    get a grip, as you once again drift from the OP to trash a member..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Rumdog, its sad others choose to act like a child when trying to sell this venom boat, when your only posting comments..

Wow dude, get over yourself!
    this is like traxxas/venom forums here...
    slap anyone who has a comment that's not 100% pro traxxas/venom!
    get a grip, as you once again drift from the OP to trash a member..

Actually no, Make a wake criticized tasteful and constructively and I commended him.
    Not trashing any members, no need to sir.

Ooooookaaay.
    I guess I'm not allowed to share my opinion. Only the guy from venom. Soo... Got any real info, or just a pic. Care to answer my warranty question? Seems be such a self proclaimed hot shot and working to rep venom you should be involved in the r&d behind this boat, no? So tell me... Why the cheapest smallest possible electronics?

Ooooookaaay.
    I guess I'm not allowed to share my opinion. Only the guy from venom. Soo... Got any real info, or just a pic. Care to answer my warranty question? Seems be such a self proclaimed hot shot and working to rep venom you should be involved in the r&d behind this boat, no? So tell me... Why the cheapest smallest possible electronics?
    Boat has been in the works since before I was involved with that end.
    What warranty questions do you have?

Notice you haven't curbed anyone's enthusiasm for our boats?
    Folks buy Venom and will continue to. If you stepped back and looked at the threads you're doing this on, its not making you, or FE look good to newbies
    Give it a rest man..

many have stopped buying venom because of there rudeness and some of there crap products that they relable and sell at 100%+ markup

Dear Rumdog?
    Indeed I asked you to stop following my every post with nagativity in a PM as any self respecting person would do.

Actually no, Make a wake criticized tasteful and constructively and I commended him.
    Not trashing any members, no need to sir.
    Carl? ( he is a smart guy and does great builds )
    wow, you side step the obvious, and pat yourself on the back at the same time??
    just like venom did in the past... and the reason for the name change...
    you have lost out on many occasions to build value in this product, and choose to take things personal and talk smack about members of OSE for making there God given right to post a comment, good or bad...
    you came into this thread with a first post commenting about what another member said, and not building value in the actuall product itself...

now sell this boat or stop telling others what they can and cannot say about it!
    everyone has a right to comment
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Ooooookaaay.
    I think Ben at Fighter Cat sells the same motor and esc for much less than what these guys sell for..???
    infact, I might buy one of the motors he sells (540kv version) and try that sucker on 15-16s in my Rio51z

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post

many have stopped buying venom because of there rudeness and some of there crap products that they relable and sell at 100%+ markup

Carl? ( he is a smart guy and does great builds )
    wow, you side step the obvious, and pat yourself on the back at the same time??
    just like venom did in the past... and the reason for the name change...
    you have lost out on many occasions to build value in this product, and choose to take things personal and talk smack about members of OSE for making there God given right to post a comment, good or bad...
    you came into this thread with a first post commenting about what another member said, and not building value in the actuall product itself...

now sell this boat or stop telling others what they can and cannot say about it!
    everyone has a right to comment
    I appreciate your opinion, but refuse to directly respond to the things you are saying.
    Again, I don't want to tarnish my winning reputation or years of hard work on this forum weather baited or not.

Fortunately there is a majority who appreciates my contribution.
    Any constructive inquiries will be gladly answered by me.

Venon make crappy products, they are usually out of stock of critical replacement parts, and they are built to a price, in which will usually be Too cheap

having said that, what they have done, is actually got a lot of people into the hobby.
    People buy their boats, realize that boating is fun, and it gives them somthing to consider when they build their next boat.
    I know a lot of people who originally bought a venom boat for their first boat, and now are doing the "build your own"

Somebody has an ego...
    Congratulations on the radio controlled photo shoot playa...lol

What does the warranty say about a smoked esc? Smoked motor? Failed driveline?
    What type connector is on the esc?

Quote Originally Posted by iamandrew View Post
    Venon make crappy products, they are usually out of stock of critical replacement parts, and they are built to a price, in which will usually be Too cheap

having said that, what they have done, is actually got a lot of people into the hobby.
    People buy their boats, realize that boating is fun, and it gives them somthing to consider when they build their next boat.
    I know a lot of people who originally bought a venom boat for their first boat, and now are doing the "build your own"
    I race at a national level and have zero problem attaining podium finishes with Venom products.
    In my experience, its been "intermediate" boaters who complain over minor/petty things in Venom boats.
    Experienced boaters know not to expect SAWS durability in a production boat and glass in, or beef up what needs be..

So... what Venom boats are you racing? Venom supplied motors, esc's, hardware, hulls?
    We all know you race.
    Us intermediate boaters are dying to know..

Thumbs down

I appreciate your opinion, but refuse to directly respond to the things you are saying.
    Again, I don't want to tarnish my winning reputation or years of hard work on this forum weather baited or not. you Bill are the one running your mouth about a members comments, and not building value of this venom boat

Fortunately there is a majority who appreciates my contribution. ( only shows massive arrogance )
    Any constructive inquiries will be gladly answered by me.
    WOW!
    what a load of crap..
    your head is so full that you cant even admit to your bull $hit!
    you have once again turned me far away from venom!
    all on a thread you did not start, but had to butt in

Question

I race at a national level and have zero problem attaining podium finishes with Venom products.
    In my experience, its been "intermediate" boaters who complain over minor/petty things in Venom boats.
    Experienced boaters know not to expect SAWS durability in a production boat and glass in, or beef up what needs be..
    Uhhh what?

So... what Venom boats are you racing? Venom supplied motors, esc's, hardware, hulls?
    We all know you race.
    Us intermediate boaters are dying to know..

Whoa!! Bunch of posts since i left...............

Anyways, I just try to post as honestly and factually as I see things, thats all really..............

As an example, looking at the ESC, I would be VERY surprised if it wasnt a T120a..................if thats the case, then it is a bit pricey................I still think the boat looks good and could use some more power, but i looks like it could be ran fairly hard in stock form if not overpropped as the big outrunner looks pretty beefy and should have alot of grunt at 1100kv...............

I'm not recommending it nor am I not recommending it..................just callin' it as I see it...............cuz I like boats
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

They should have dropped one of those motors in each sponson. Added cost for a manufacturer for a extra motor/esc/strut/prop would be 30-40 bucks but make it a much better boat imo.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Whoa!! Bunch of posts since i left...............

Anyways, I just try to post as honestly and factually as I see things, thats all really..............

As an example, looking at the ESC, I would be VERY surprised if it wasnt a T120a..................if thats the case, then it is a bit pricey................I still think the boat looks good and could use some more power, but i looks like it could be ran fairly hard in stock form if not overpropped as the big outrunner looks pretty beefy and should have alot of grunt at 1100kv...............

I'm not recommending it nor am I not recommending it..................just callin' it as I see it...............cuz I like boats
    I think this is the same motor but with a little different wind?
    http://fightercatracing.com/index.ph...emart&Itemid=1
    this one on 8s could be a better runner
    and this one could kick some tush on 16s ( my 4s race packs in series )
    and I think Bens price is only about 60bucks

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    They should have dropped one of those motors in each sponson. Added cost for a manufacturer for a extra motor/esc/strut/prop would be 30-40 bucks but make it a much better boat imo.
    twins would be fun, and I agree on the added cost for them would be minimal..

If venom wants to send me one i will test it for them :-)

Just watched the video........it seems to ride well on the rear pads and no waaa waaa seen on some cats. Actually cornered decently on the calm water....

Its pretty,,,, if it does around 35mph or so, looks like it could be a fun boat for someone wanting to get into "big" FE....as long as the reliability is there....time will tell. If Venom wants to send one to Canada, I'll put it through its paces and report back!!!

I think some of you need to relax, and maybe back off of Bill... These are RTR boats... none of them are perfect, and many of you have NO IDEA just how much give and take goes into actually getting one of these to market. You don't want to know, trust me!

Take these boats for what they are, evaluate what you want, and go on from there. Bashing the messenger isn't going to get us anywhere. We need MORE boaters and MORE people racing together, not polarization.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Nobody was doggin Bill till he felt the need to PM me and tell me that I have no right to post my opinion on Venom boats, and that if I kept being such a big jerk that he'd taddle on me. He's gonna push the product, so he can at least answer questions, right?

Instead...... it's ego time.

Dear Rumdog?

Indeed in all humillity I asked you to stop following my every post with nagativity in a PM as any self respecting person would do.

Ok Girls! could we all grow up and keep our silly egos in check?.
    i always thought this forum was about FE and not about personal attacks. if you all will like to take it any further i can provide the Gloves and venue to continue.
    What a shame. i have learn very little from this posting..
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Nobody was doggin Bill till he felt the need to PM me and tell me that I have no right to post my opinion on Venom boats, and that if I kept being such a big jerk that he'd taddle on me. He's gonna push the product, so he can at least answer questions, right?

Instead...... it's ego time.
    ego gets these guys everytime
    not sure if anyone has seen who actually started this thread, cuz it sure was not the so called venom messenger...

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Just watched the video........it seems to ride well on the rear pads and no waaa waaa seen on some cats. Actually cornered decently on the calm water....

Its pretty,,,, if it does around 35mph or so, looks like it could be a fun boat for someone wanting to get into "big" FE....as long as the reliability is there....time will tell. If Venom wants to send one to Canada, I'll put it through its paces and report back!!!

Tastefully put. Great overlook from someone who appreciates boats.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast