Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OutBoard BlackJack

cool. I'll either buy those or try:
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/inf...propellers.php
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Well I'd try that the adapter first, The Black Jack uses one, it's shaft is 1/8th, I'm not sure if there's enough length on the ep1 shaft though to fit a 3/16th prop hub.
    Last edited by RCprince; 05-05-2008 at 11:39 PM.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

sounds good. using those adaptors I should be able to run CF40 props couter rotating.

Thats the octura shaft and a x645 cut down and detongued to a x640
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

check this one out:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Built-30-...QQcmdZViewItem

what props does that look like?

those look like 430's the problem with a vee hull is the chine walking..I've tried and given up...A cat has 2 hulls to displace the the prop walk better, but it looks cools though..I like to see it run, by looking at it's setup the batteries toooo far back.
    Last edited by RCprince; 05-06-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Well guys I took my cat out at lunch for a quick test drive .... well everything got real warm - esc shutdown ...etc...

RCprince could you post a couple of close ups of your cooling solution? I think the motors aren't get enough water to cool them down!

I upgraded to Reedy Spec 19 quad mags & when I put the cooling coils on them they probably are not tight enough! I'd try the silicone cooling jackets that Steve sells if I can figure out the correct size! Any help ????
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

I'm using a BJ Motor http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=dh-prb3310
    which looks like a himax 6 pole 3630-1500 which is 87% efficient and a CC Barracuda 125 cooling is not an Issue...i'm not sure if those 19's have enough torque to be efficient enough to push that hull, what size props are you using....
    Last edited by RCprince; 05-07-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Well guys. I just got my order of 2 EP1's in today and I must say I'm impressed. They are way bigger than I thought they were. I can't wait to mount them on a hull. I decided to rebuild my Skunkworks with the 9xl and stuffing tube set up. So now I need a hull to put them on.
    Any ideas/suggestions on a good hull?

If your gonna run the 9XL your gonna need to drill out the drive dogs...and you gotta re mesh those gears right or you'll be Steve's best order buddy.

So when you gonna run it?

ok enough picsture and talk GET A VIDEO!!!!!!
    snort pixi sticks=symptoms-:

I love it

Last edited by RCprince; 05-07-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Nah, I'm not throwing the 9XL in there. I'm looking for a good hull to run the dual EP1's on now.

I already have someone making the "Merc 2.5" sticker kits for it. LOL

i dont know . out boards are just not for me. they look out of place and you cant hang as much power as you can mount inside a hull. :)
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Power isn't the issue. First impressions and scale looks count for me too. I didnt plan on racing dual outboards.

Me, I want scale and moderate speed...if I could get some harden gears( still looking) I know I could give a comparable inboard a run for it's money if not beat it.

if you find some hardened gears for it, let me know, I want 2 sets.

what hull do you think would be a good choice? I'm totally open... my checkbook isnt tho. lol

Honestly I'm not sure...the BJ bare hull is the cheapest..I've seen it for 114.00, but they're out of stock only the 134.00 ones are in stock i like it's look...I think I can get fifty out of it with an outboard

2 outboards on this would look hot and scale

Sure would. Just dont want to spend $135 tho lol. Cheap bastard.

RC I'm not ignoring you guys ... wasn't online last nite! I don't remember the prop #'s I'm at work now! but I'll look tonite.

I think my problem may be that I'm jumping to LIPO's last summer when I used NiMH the heat wasn't an issue! I smoked one of the 19 t motors yesterday so gotta rethink what I'm doing.

Can anyone suggest 19 turn motors that will work well? Also what diameter silicone water jackets?

I want this boat for fun, but just a little quicker that what the stock EP1's are!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Eodman- what controller are you using? I have a Novak EVX that I want to try out on the stock EP1's but I think I'll burn those motors out being that they are rate for 6-7 cells. I have some Titans 550's to try after that. I just need a good hull to use these on. And I too would like to know what props you are using? and about an estimated speed? Thanks

I'm using the Traxxas EVX2, its on Steven's site! I wanted to make the wiring easy so I went with that one! By the spec's it supposed to handle up to 19 t motors!

In stock trim it ran close to 20mph on Nimh, I tried Lipos and saw a 5 or 6 mph jump but burned 1 motor up! I tought it was a cooling issue rather than a Lipo issue but after rebuilding this winter with 19t Reedy Spec motors I just smoked another motor!

So I'm going to order new Trinity 19t Cobalt motors, upgrade to silicon water jackets, relocate water intakes similar to what RCPrince did & go back to NiMH's
    to see how that works!

I want to concentrate on running cooler with the motor upgrades then perhaps add the Lipo's back into the equation!

As far as what props I'm using ... they are counter rotating but I have to look I ran out of time last nite!

Oh hell who am I kidding --- I just plain forgot!
    Last edited by Eodman; 05-09-2008 at 09:21 AM.
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

I'm not sure how those brushed motors are gonna run, compared to a brushed of comparable size which I would say is a...hmmm let say based on magnetic foot print a ammo 3640 size motor and they still have more power than 05's. Heat is the first clue that your motor is inefficient...The motor can't translate the energy from the battery into power so in essence is sort of Electrically stalling from being over worked. The high the turn brushed motor the better...I learnt a lesson from the guys here, they've snapped me out of SOME of my mad scientist ways...for brushless setups, low KV(rpm's) high voltage = better efficiency and likewise for brushed..Me personally if I were to run brushed I'd get some top 27's doubles to quads and lipos...

RCprince what brushless motor/ESC are you running in yours?
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

I'm running the BJ motor and A CC 125 barracuda

I wonder how a Feigao 380xl(like SJFE had in the twin BJ) would fit? or would it even bolt up?

to small diameter wise...they have to be a 05,540,550 or anything with a 25mm diameter screw pattern

Some test run pics with my OB BJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast