Thread: FLYSKY GT3B --- help please

Default FLYSKY GT3B --- help please

i picked one up from hobbypartz but there are no instructions included. i think there was also supposed to be a cd rom? i tried downloading the manual but its not working for me. i dont run windows, so not sure if thats why…. if anyone has spare instructions or can quickly guide me thru how these work id appreciate it. Thanks =)

I am not too good with computers but I do have a PDF on my computer. I can print it and send it to you but you don't want to wait that long or email to you as an attachment? BTW, it is confusing and I still forget how to every time I have to program a new RX. It is your call, I just want you to get it ASAP.

I have one of these. It should of come with a mini cd inside the box (easy to miss). If you are have pairing issues reverse the throttle and the jobs done.

I was able to find a manual online, but it reads like a chinaman speaking English hehe. I haven't tried using it yet but, I was curious about settings like mentioned (reverse throttle). On my tactics, the throttle must be on reverse with the trim cranked. I'm wondering if these radios have any tricks I need to know to function properly. Also, must the antenna come out of hull? To bind receiver, must I use a bec pack? Do I hook up esc to acc to bind? Or channel two to get power?

No cd either. I looked a few times

look on hobbypartz website on the page where you buy it. There is a video and he shows how to do everything. That's how I did mine.
    The Speeders *PB SW 26 BL *PB Formula FASTech
    The Cruiser *CBM Marlin Cruiser
    The Pool Toys *Proboat Mini-C (x2)

If you look on YouTube, there are many vids on how to operate and pair this radio system. My radio did not come with the cd so I just looked on YouTube!!! Works great!
    Miss Geico CC1515 2200kv T180 2S2S- Twin Genesis with 2 2700kv 2 T180's 4S2P- Stiletto with 2030kv T120 4S1P-DF33 4082 1600kv T180 6S2P- and lots of gassers!

I could not get mine to throttle to bind with the esc without reversing the throttle on a seaking 180 amp if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by sash View Post
    I could not get mine to throttle to bind with the esc without reversing the throttle on a seaking 180 amp if that helps
    same here. You tube is also where i figured out where to bind it Hobby parts has bind instructions on their site as well. The big knob controls most the stuff, then you select what ever is highlighted with the menu button. Push the knob down to enter the menu screen and then rotate it to move around.

Sorry did not read your post properly. Bind the receiver with esc plugged in acc. Once binded turn off and servo to channel 1 and esc to channel 2 keep in mind positive and negative must be in the right place (black and red ) is marked on the receiver in small writing. Don't bother with the arial leave it in the boat away from metal objects.

Mine didn't come with CD Rom either. Although I read the instruction with much guess work. Basically is like this : insert binding plug into ch.3/bind port, power your RX with receiver pack---- plug the lead into VCC port, you should see LED flashing, you are in binding mode. Press the "bind " button ---uppermost button on the righthand side of transmitter while turning on the transmitter. Led indicator should stop flashing, might take 5 seconds. Release "bind'' button, unplug the binding plug from RX, you should be in business.
    I have not used this radio on my boats yet, so far it works great on all my land RC's
    Can't tell you about throttle trim and channel settings with marine ESC, sorry.

The intructions are hopeless. I'm no expert on these but they are very good value. I run three boats of this one transmitter. Ive have personally taken it 300 meters away and no problems ( only you can't see much of the boat ). They basically set all of the receivers to 1 frequency only which is dictated by the transmitter, no 2 are alike apperently. They only hold the trim and throttle settings ect. in memory as you store them on model no. Hope this makes sense I'm no good expressing my self on these computers. Basically you can drive any boat on saved model no.s because they are using the same frequency but the difference is it keeps your fine tuning for trims memorised. Hope this makes senseonly only trying to help.

Thanks guys! One more question.... Is it necessary to run the antenna outside the hull?

It helps but I have a couple of boats with it inside.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Thanks guys! One more question.... Is it necessary to run the antenna outside the hull?
    Dana I run the Flysky GT3B antenna out on my HOTR cat only because its carbon fibered inside. The fiberglass only df29 is run inside, no issues but I do have the antenna bending upwards about the last inch.

Ken
    DF-29,Phil Thomas Super Sport 45, SV27, Xzess 2 Evo, HOTR 32" Cat

Also make sure the fail safe is programed proper for neutral throttle position. I don't have the instructions with me but if I recall its not programed for that until you set it up.
    DF-29,Phil Thomas Super Sport 45, SV27, Xzess 2 Evo, HOTR 32" Cat

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o_System_.html

go to the files tab Dana and you can download pdf file

the failsafe is programmed to WOT i lost an elam that way

Quote Originally Posted by ksm2001 View Post
    Also make sure the fail safe is programed proper for neutral throttle position. I don't have the instructions with me but if I recall its not programed for that until you set it up.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    the failsafe is programmed to WOT i lost an elam that way
    are you saying it comes pre set to wot? that means i have to reprogram yes?

if i want to bind to a certain channel, do i have to set the channel on the tx, then shut it off, so when i turn on to bind its binding to the correct channel?

I run 8 boats on my GT3b ; about a year now with no probs. Internal antennas on all. Simple/quick mount - foam block cross drilled, some tubing, stick down & done (pictured is the HK Rx; added some to a recent order-same Rx)

DSC03174.JPG
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

run great but as i found out got to close to a dock and she went wide oper into the dock and did major damage i repaired it but ate about 80$ due to the repair when i let her go so reprogram the failsafe
    another link page 24
    http://www.flysky-cn.com/eDownload.asp?id=1

Thanks you guys! Most helpful -)
    Binding went fine with all 3 rx. I got tx and 3rx for 53 shipped. And it's a nice radio! Love hobbypartZ...
    So my throttle channels are set for reverse but where do you guys keep the throttle trim? On my tactics, it's all the way up. Thanks again

Thanks you guys! Most helpful -)
    Binding went fine with all 3 rx. I got tx and 3rx for 53 shipped. And it's a nice radio! Love hobbypartZ...
    So my throttle channels are set for reverse but where do you guys keep the throttle trim? On my tactics, it's all the way up. Thanks again
    Dana, I've found that it's a good practice to set the trim to "zero", then hold trigger on full, plug in battery and let speedy read the full-forward position. That way you'll be assured that you're getting the full forward output of the speedy.

BTW yesterday I had a nice in-person conversation with two execs at HobbyPartz- Expect to see more FE support from them in the future if my plan(s) go forward
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Nice Tony! I have had excellent experiences with them. Very happy =)