Thread: Carbon Fiber Brushless Edition

Default Carbon Fiber Brushless Edition

Been messing around with a couple Impulse 26s the last few weeks. Upgrading them to brushless made these things a real blast. The design of the hull really shines at greater speeds than stock. However the plastic material of the hull began to be the weakest link when approaching 40mph as evident by a nice crack and splitting apart of the top and bottom of one of the hulls after running in the gulf with some rolling waves causing for some fun air time but hard landings. So it was time to gut them and apply some carbon fiber down the sides for strength and elsewhere just for looks. Hoping to run them (and get video) in the test pond tomorrow if the wifey doesn't go into labor before then. Here is a quick teaser shot....

Green One has 60amp ProBoat Esc and Tacon 3674 1300kv motor, runs on 4s

Pink one has 120A Trunigy Esc and Proboat 1500kv motor, runs on 5s
    Attached Images Attached Images

They have got to be little screemers, the pink one would even handle 6s with that t120, thats if you can keep it on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by G-UNIT View Post
    They have got to be little screemers, the pink one would even handle 6s with that t120, thats if you can keep it on the water.
    Oh yeah these things fly now. I wanna try 6s in the pink one but i've lost a t120 on 6s before so i may drop my 180amp in there for fun and just to be safe. Or i may just say screw it an go for it..

Good to see people having FUN with these boats... I know that during testing, I was pretty surprised at how well they handle more speed and power... Good for you!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Those look good!
    Great job.. I wonder how these would fair set up for P-Spec?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

The only problem I was having with the t120 on 6s was that after awhile the bec gave out and now I run a battery pack, the bec stil lworks when running 4s but always have trouble when running 5s-6s the boat would run great for a lap or two then starts running in circles, after troubleing shooting, trying different servos, esc, same kind t120 it still did the same thing untill I put in a battery pack and now no issues,
    don't really like the extra weight but I'll deal with it.
    this is in a 31" impulse with a 1090kv feiago and a m445, x545, x645 detounged and back cut, still playing, all speeds are in the mid 50s.