Thread: Fried ESC, boat split in half

Default Fried ESC, boat split in half

Got some pics, but I have already began sanding and reparing the hull.

Motor and ESC upgrade recommendations, I was told by everyone @ the lake to go with the UL-1 set up.
    I'm also contemplating replacing the fullers hardware, as there was a bj26 with a strut right at the transom and offset ruder and the lake and his was turning (clockwise) way better than mine, and not shifting to the side as much with an x642. Mine on the other had would want to ride sideways.
    Ran fine with a prather 220.

Before

After

ESC

Good Char on that esc!

Thanks, I had a mistic 29 on either side. passing me of course, but I wasn't staying too far behind

check out my BJ26 before you dump all that cash on fullers hardwear and proboat esc.I would get a seaking 120a esc. it runs great and was cheeper to buy (SS hardwear only). this video was at 1/2 power so should be close to what you'll be running.

http://youtu.be/m6WSbosQ9fE

The boat came with the fullers hardware, I am set on the SS hardware as I was able to see it run at the lake and it was much better. I am looking for a better ESC, maybe run 6s. Don't know how long the stock motor would handle that or just go ahead and ... Just saw the video, I'm definitely going for a similar set up.

Small update, don't know what came over me last night at some point I 5 minute epoxied the seam where the hull came apart. So today I was sanding the glue down and I just kept sanding and sanding finer and finer, til I just prepared some primer and layed it on her, I know it a big step backwards but I was bored and did not want to mix up the epoxy today.

So tomorrow I'll get my west system out, make a little filler for the hull and reinforce the inside seam with a strip of cloth. Then re sand everything and *!**primer again. Lol

Ordered a 180a seaking esc. Looking to run 6s in the near future. Also looking to get that single canopy hatch

Since I am in the process here of repairing the hull. Should I go ahead and fill in that last step on the bottom, is the improvement that much better?

I was told not to fill it in. But my bj is a saw boat that runs in glass water by itself. I have also heard it helps in the turns and crossing boat wake. I wasn't 100% on it myself. Be interesting to see how much it helps. The esc you got is great but i don't like the lvc on it. i had to turn it off on mine. My goal it to get into the lower 60's with mine.

Thanks I'll keep that on mind,

Got the 1st base coat on. Needs to be sanded down

Im still thinking if I like it, it almost looks Jamaican.

As a small update the ESC is on order as well as SS Strut and Rudder. I went ahead and removed the bottom line and left the top line, I'll post pics after the clear coat.