Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally scored one- setting up for NAMBA P-Ltd Cat Sprint race

Mike, since you get notifications in this thread, here's a photo that AQ might like. E-mail me at rcboatbuild@hotmail.com & I can send you the jpg.

BTW just LOVED racing the MC. (Brian's hard to catch - we both went in to the final round with two firsts and a second; Stephen (Geico) & Wilmer (??) got tangled up & Brian outran me for the heat and class win but I'll take a second behind Brian any time

NatsAQ.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tony,

Frist congrats and thank you.

It was fun to see you get the boat race ready and sharing that with everybody, and then to get this result is fantastic.

I think I can "copy" the pic off of here and send it to the powers that be. I will let you know however.

What a fun picture.. Congrats to all those that choose AquaCraft.

P.S. I bet we see a few more of those Revolts at the nats next year!

Take care and thanks again!

Grim

Motley Crews and Revolts, Yeah baby!!! Too cool. What a great picture. Is that girl a racer too? Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by xlandguy View Post
    Motley Crews and Revolts, Yeah baby!!! Too cool. What a great picture. Is that girl a racer too? Congrats!
    Not only is that a girl, but thats Miss Girl to all if us!.. Kylie is your new NAMBA Limited OPC national champion! And using a AquaCraft TS3!...

Congrats young lady (Miss Kylie.... scuse me..................)

I LOVE IT!

Grimracer

Quote Originally Posted by xlandguy View Post
    Kylie is most def a racer ; won the National OPC Ltd. Class beating out Darin, Brian, David and Ken to name a few. Not bad for a 15 year old gal
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Wow again, and congratulations, again. That is just so impressive, for all of you. And Miss Kylie? Unbelievable! What a great thing, she should get some sort of endorsment deal for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger9D9 View Post
    Thanks! That stuff is perfect. It sets up fast and is ready to sand in 20 minutes! I found it at a place called Noah's (what a great name for a store that sells boat building supplies!) and fixed her up today. I also shamelessly copied your red paint idea for the tips of the sponsons. She's nice and perky again now.

Attachment 78563

Another tip I got from this great thread was about the motor mount flexing forward. I noticed my mount had pushed forward over 1/8 of an inch. I added a piece of angled aluminum to the back side of the mount to stop it from getting bent forward while still being able to twist the motor upward a bit to make sure the motor lines up perfectly with the stuffing tube. I also have a thrust bearing on the motor to take the load off the endbell.

Attachment 78564

Thanks for the posts! Helped me with stuff I'd never thought of!
    Can you tell me what kind of paint to use for the red tips? THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by RCnerd View Post
    Can you tell me what kind of paint to use for the red tips? THANKS!
    Got it at Hobby People :

DSC03381.JPG

PS : While you're at it, there's one more red highlight/tip I did that adds another small "cool touch" - see post #70

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Got it at Hobby People :

DSC03381.JPG

PS : While you're at it, there's one more red highlight/tip I did that adds another small "cool touch" - see post #70
    Thanks!! Your thread is really helpful!

Exclamation Breaking news

Thanks to our FE friendly NAMBA D19 Director Ted McKay, we're running four heats of P-Ltd Cat 6-lap Sprint this Sunday at the Legg Lake Scale Thunderboat race. Two Geicos, a Mystic, a MM, and my MC will swing it out on the oval. Yippee !!!

Default The Beat Goes On !

OMG - Hard to believe the last post in this thread was 17 months ago with a lot of water under the sponsons since. Turns out P-Ltd Cat is alive, well and sprouting wings in SoCal. 2012 was the first P-Ltd Cat trial race class as mentioned in the last post and it was pure fun. Thanks to the the good graces of the D19 SCSTA [Southern California Scale Thunderboat Association] we had a 4-race series of P-Ltd Cat in 2013 and the good times kept rolling ! And ( with all modesty aside) my MC was the gift that kept giving [despite copious buoy smacks and rail bounce-offs]. It just doesn't quit

As of now there's 4 more P-Ltd Cat race dates on the calendar for 2014 and we'll likely have six (or maybe even) 7 entries competing. Seems the class is attracting gas/nitro guys/gals crossing over - great news but the only downside is that they know how to DRIVE !

100_0129.jpg

DSC05190.JPG

Me likee P-Limited Cat too Tony.

Modded Geico, AQ 1800kv motor SF120 esc, 2 x 4S 3000Mah 30C Zippies and a modded x447 D/T etc... Motor came back dang hot though, needed after cooling with icewater from a squeeze bottle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

wow great wealth of info in this post thank you for bringing it back up . I had a impulse 31 that I had running good but met its maker in the form of a turtle at high speeds ,bought a mc hull swapped everything over and was so excited about how good it ran and handled that I didn't check heat and melted a motor and esc running a m445 prop .I was reading on here and thinking of cutting out the tub to hold down a ul1 motor but after reading this im gonna two part between the tub and bottom and use a ose front and rear mount ,im looking forward to spring now and looking into some club racing.the bikes keep me busy enough but speed is a addiction

Quote Originally Posted by nitro557 View Post
    wow great wealth of info in this post thank you for bringing it back up . I had a impulse 31 that I had running good but met its maker in the form of a turtle at high speeds ,bought a mc hull swapped everything over and was so excited about how good it ran and handled that I didn't check heat and melted a motor and esc running a m445 prop .I was reading on here and thinking of cutting out the tub to hold down a ul1 motor but after reading this im gonna two part between the tub and bottom and use a ose front and rear mount ,im looking forward to spring now and looking into some club racing.the bikes keep me busy enough but speed is a addiction
    Keep it light & loose. The mount you describe should help with the "trampoline bottom" , also the two-part mod. Jack the strut up a few degrees to raise the hull up under power to reduce drag & load on the electronics. You shouldn't have probs with the 1800KV motor & a 445 (make it sharp as possible). We run 2030KV motors with that prop for the mill + 6 lap races but things do heat up a bit.

Nice scoot ; more pictures ?

[btw Legg Lake also has copious turtles who just won't learn]

1342_4334740044418_168606400_n.jpg

this is my street toy ive been building tuning and racing bikes for years ,might also be adding tuning a nitro Harley to the resume next year

As long as we're going off topic (but worth it) Here's my baby - had her for 23 years and still wins trophys (only while standing still )

bike show024.jpg

OTOH there's no substitute for cubic inches (with giggle gas)

bike show017.jpg

I got a lot of info for tuning laughing gas we have sprayed as much as 275,nice toys you got

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Guys... wood and epoxy and silicone are HEAVY... All this weight adds up...

If it were mine... I'd bore a couple of holes in strategic places, and pour in some 2-Part expanding foam JUST right and let it tie the surfaces together. You have to be super careful doing this, but if done right, the boat would also be solid, and you wouldn't add a ton of non-floating weight.

Frankly, I'd run it like it were stolen and let what happens happen! This is RACING!! Got to go for it to GET IT!!
    darin THANK YOU ,what a great idea floor is very solid and so is the whole boat really made a difference ,I put the motor mount with burnt motor for mock up the rest of the parts will be in tomorrow ill be doing a build up thread on this one soon

Default pic

floor solid and new mount installed

hey tony..can you post a pic of your strut angle and height

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    hey tony..can you post a pic of your strut angle and height
    varies with prop, CG, etc. Normally center of shaft up 1/8" from sponson bottom ; 3 deg up at back

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    varies with prop, CG, etc. Normally center of shaft up 1/8" from sponson bottom ; 3 deg up at back
    I watched your video again Tony and that bugger is a screamer!
    Great job!!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

thanks tony

gutted..sanded..2layers of fiberglass to stiffen floor

heres completed inside..just ran..gotta work on more weight towards back..don't want to put batteries in sponson..im at 2 degrees up on strut..but also bottom of strut up a little over 1/4 inch..might try lowering stut height..and a little more positive angle

well first race on the crew this weekend..boat is really fast..won 1st 3 heats..had crash in first corner in 4th..still had enough points for win in district race..very happy with boat

Hey Ray,

Nice C'mon out to Legg Lake on May4 for SCSTA P-Ltd Cat and show us SCFE guys how it's done

Well done rayzer..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast