Thread: Mini-Eco Tenshock speed control programing Problem

Default Mini-Eco Tenshock speed control programing Problem

First time poster. I bought a mini-eco and I'm having difficulty getting the esc to program. I get a serious of beeps and then it plays a "tune". The process starts over then.

I'm using a Spektrum receiver and DX3R radio. I tuned the brake back to zero. The manual said 50% or less as I recall.

If I unplug the power then back on I get the two beeps verifying it's operational but it does not work.

I don't think the speed control is bad. I assume it has something to do with the settings of the radio. I had a similar problem with a Traxxes speed control and an M8 radio. As I recall it had something to do with travel or end point, don't recall now. If anyone can offer any input I'd appreciate it.

Try reversing the throttle channel on your TX, it sounds like you could be setting the endpoints instead of programming. Where did you get it from? I bought mine from Astec Models and it came with a programming card thus I've never tried stick programming it, and can't be of much help to you. Do you still have the box? The card is tiny and mine was loose in the box rather than put in the hull, it would be quite easy to miss it. It maybe worth having a word with the seller and telling them you didn't get a programming card in your box, they may have missed it and have your one on a shelf there.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Default Clarify

Sorry, yes setting end points is what I am trying to do. Programming is done.

The FIRST thing you must do is program the throttle range. Turn on the transmitter. Hold full throttle while plugging in the battery. Listen for beeps, release the trigger. Listen for beeps. You are done. NOW use the program card we include and set your parameters. Setting the throttle range is in the instructions but a lot of people either don't read carefully or just miss it.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Default Rsolution

When I started this thread it was about programming but I used the wrong term. What I wanted was throttle end points.

To start with I programed the ESC before setting throttle end points. So I guess that was mistake 1.

I had run into this same issue with a Traxxas ESC years ago with Spektrum and my M8 radio. When I had emailed Traxxes they immediately responded with exact settings for my radio to get it to program. I could not remember the answers I was given and I spent hours fooling with radio settings. Then all of a sudden it hit me. I had dialed the throttle end point up to 130% or more with the Traxxas. I dialed my DX3R up to 130% and tried the setup again and it went flawlessly.

I want to add that I also had the brake on the transmitter dialed out to 0%. I don't know that the brake had anything to do with it. Just thought I would mention this and hope it helps someone else.

Also by the way. Every time I had a failed setup attempt I had to go through the whole rebinding process with the receiver. If a setup failed and I pulled the power to start over the ESC would not go into setup mode again until I would re-bind the radio. Odd quirk but I guess it has something to do with the Spektrum stuff.

One last thing to discuss. I purchased my craft from www.minicatracingusa.com. I have bombarded Jim with a ton of pre-sales and post sales email questions. So many so I tried to get an answer on the forum before I emailed him. I'll give a real shout out when I finally have it in water but for now just wanted to say how great and patient Jim has been. I love the size of these little boats and so long as they perform as expected I have a feeling I'll be getting more from them. Service and support after the sale goes a long way with me!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ryan! My goal is to provide super quality products but foremost, customer service! I know it's hard to find these days as I have been frustrated in the past myself. I am a modeler first and business person last! I love helping fellow modelers which gives me the most satisfaction of anything else I have ever done.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com