Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NJ Boaters??? Central Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by DK535 View Post
    Rob your gonna run open offshore too right?? We should try and run maybe this week if we can meet. Everyone's invited of course!
    I am not able to run Open Offshore. I would need to build a boat and buy batteries. That would not be in the budget for next season.

Mike, do you think a Delta Force 33 would be a better boat for when the water is rough? The Delta Force is 10.25" in width. I am thinking that possible a wider boat may handle rough water better then the standard 9.25-9.50" width boats. I noticed running the Revolt at my last race in rough water is was all over as was the Geico. I noticed other boats were able to do better, was that due to the width?
    Thanks
    Rob

What other options for wider boat if this is the key to rough water besides a Delta Force?

Quote Originally Posted by Finest Racing View Post
    Mike, do you think a Delta Force 33 would be a better boat for when the water is rough? The Delta Force is 10.25" in width. I am thinking that possible a wider boat may handle rough water better then the standard 9.25-9.50" width boats. I noticed running the Revolt at my last race in rough water is was all over as was the Geico. I noticed other boats were able to do better, was that due to the width?
    Thanks
    Rob

What other options for wider boat if this is the key to rough water besides a Delta Force?
    Rob,

The DF 33 is a great hull along with all of their hulls
    I personally would have purchased a DF 33 instead of a Cyberstorm this past year but the DF33 was out of stock and I couldn't wait any longer.

The extra width of any Mono would be a plus in rough water but set up would be most important.

The Aeromarine Titan 40 is a wide hull and very stable.
    Some other choices you could look at is the Pursuit, Insane 34 and the Rico Mono.

I Love my Rico but it is much heavier than the Cyberstorm.

Let me know if you have any other questions?

Mike

Thanks Mike, I have the pursuit set up for P Mono. The Pursuit is a almost 9 1/2" wide. I am looking to see if it would be economically wise to have another boat for when the water is rough.
    I have used the Pursuit in the lake by itself with some rough water. It is never the same as five boats running at the same time. I am tossing around the idea. The big question that is holding up the purchase is - do I really need it. I made about half of the events this season. One of the events that I can remember the water was to rough for the Revolt and the Geico. On the flip side, do I build a DF 33 and use that all season. Or will it be slower then everyone else due to its size under normal conditions.

Do you run Cyberstorm all season? I noticed from the FE results, all the racers had either the Pursuit or the Cyberstorm. Of course driver skill is a huge part of the equation.

See what happens in the off season? You start thinking. LOL

Rob,

Yes, I ran the Cyberstorm all season. Next year the Cyberstorm will run at the electric only events and I will run the Rico at the Combo A/B Mono events.

My best advice is don't overwhelm yourself and try too much stuff.

As you know, we built a Titan 40 for Tony and it runs great.

Either way, I am here to help with whatever you guys need.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 427srule View Post
    Rob,

Yes, I ran the Cyberstorm all season. Next year the Cyberstorm will run at the electric only events and I will run the Rico at the Combo A/B Mono events.

My best advice is don't overwhelm yourself and try too much stuff.

As you know, we built a Titan 40 for Tony and it runs great.

Either way, I am here to help with whatever you guys need.

Mike
    Thanks Mike. I forgot about the Titan. LOL The Titan 29 is 10 1/2 wide. Great another boat to think about. I am looking into this as the best engineered boat/best performer/most efficient. I just need to do some research see which would be the best. Thanks again. If I had the extra funds, I would buy them all. Test them and then sell off what did not pass. LOL

Ok guys and girls,
    it's almost time to shake the dust off the boats.
    Is anyone interested in starting a "club" to run at the pond in the park?
    Maybe namba and maybe just a bunch of folks getting together for fun.
    I would like to suggest a "one design" race. Possibly the "HK Pursuit" or the "Revolt 30".
    Priced right, handles great, could be loads of fun.
    Any and all ideas will be entertained for the upcoming season of boating at the pond.
    Hope to see you all this season.
    Keep the props in the water.
    Last edited by luhrs; 02-12-2015 at 07:23 PM.

I have the Pursuit and the Revolt. Sounds like fun to have our own race at the pond.

Let's start a club. With coordinated meets some everyone knows when to go. We can pick out dates and all meet

Ok boys and girls............today is March 30th 2015
    We are looking at running a couple boats this Thursday 4/2/2015 at the lake at Thompson park in Jamesburg NJ. off exit 8a on the New Jersey Turnpike. Very easy to get to.
    P spec, P mono, Motley Crew etc. are on the slate, but bring whatever you got and lets have some fun.
    Weather looks good and there is no ice on the lake that i know of.
    Partly cloudy and 60 degrees for Thursday.

Interested? We hope so! Reply to the thread or, see you at the lake.
    Normal meet time is around 10-11 am

The truck is loaded and ready to go. I am still charging batteries and soldering bullets on the new batteries. I have 30 batteries for two boats tomorrow. I have a few motors to test in the Pursuit. Need to find the best combo for NAMBA P-Mono. Weather is still looking good, low 60's with a SSW wind of 15 to 18mph. The wind will pick up as the day progresses.

Well, Rob and I made it to the lake Thursday. Beautiful day, temps around 60, light wind, NO ICE.
    After a shakedown run of my new HK Pursuit, with everything looking and running OK, I loaded a second set of batteries in it.
    Hooked up the new GPS and went for a speed run. After a couple test laps, I hit the throttle. After a triple back-flip and and a wild landing I limped her to shore.
    Took off the tape, emptied the water out and saw that I not only tore up a NEW Kintec flex shaft but tore the motor mount right out of the hull. (Me BAD). SO MUCH FOR MY P MONO.

Next up the old tried and true P spec Revolt 30. Again a shake-down run first (new Aqua Craft 2030 installed) Ran like a dream.
    Second run, NOT SO GOOD, SMOKED A CHEAP ESC. Oh well as they say, "You get what you pay for".
    This ended my day!
    Rob, on the other hand didn't do so bad.
    Both his HK Pursuit and his Revolt 30 ran as they should.

Overall a fun but expensive day for me, but "I'll Be Back".

COMMON GUYS AND GIRLS.......LETS SHOW A LITTLE INTEREST.

The Pursuit is waiting for a Swordfish Pro 220+. This way I will not need to worry about the ESC while trying different motors and props. I also ordered a HK GPS, it seems that my Garmin is a little slow or off on the mph. Will know soon.
    Next week is looking good. Charge those batteries, lube the flex, new batteries in the radio and lets go!!!

Do you guys still go racing?

Hey Paul yeah we still go. You gonna come by and run again?

i am just getting into rc boating and i have a revolt 30. do you guys still run? i live in east windsor, which i think is not too far. I also have a hyrdopro inception coming in the mail soon

I am in Berks county Pa. not far from NJ. looking for new boat friends as well as new places to run them.

Stop by Lake Magnolia in Bristol Pa this Sunday for the final boat race of the year. The racing starts approx. 9am

Reviving this thread from the dead, anyone in central Jersey getting out to run boats soon? I have a modded blackjack 24 and a tenshock mini mono I run regularly, never see anyone in my area of CNJ, would like to see some other FE boats on the water!
    Last edited by High_Card; 03-26-2023 at 08:40 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123