Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ Boaters??? Central Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by captgeo5 View Post
    hey guys , i just moved to the area and looking to run our FE boats , looks like a nice day , i am going to drive out and check out the lake , hope to see some people there .....Later
    Welcome to the area bud. We are out here now. PM if you need directions

Hey there CAPT
    Went fluke fishing instead........did you meet a guy named Rob there?
    He told me he was going.
    I should be going next weekend if all goes as planned.
    Got to get my new boat wet.
    Hope to see ya at the lake.
    Someone's usually there around 11/12 AM.

We were there from 10:15 to 1pm. The lake has a whole lot of sea weed growing within the first 25 feet of water from land. My tug boat found some and was stuck for awhile. The sea weed was not visible in some areas. We were not able to use the better location due to people fishing.

had something come up , so we did not make it ,, yeh last week we were at Lake Shanadoh in Lakewood , and it was filled with weeds . let me know if you guy will be there this weekend sept 1 . Labor day weekend...it is about a 40 min ride for us .

just looked at the weekend forcast ,looks like scattered showers http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+NJ+08723:4:US
    we might take a ride to the lake anyway just to check it out
    everybody have a safe and fun labor day
    Last edited by captgeo5; 08-30-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: update

Here are some vids of Ken and I on Wednesday 9-18-13.

Here is another vid.

Great video

Anybody going to the boat Race in Randolph Park this weekend? sunday 10/6 ,,,,,it is all electric

But people are telling me my batteries are not to rules ,, I just ran the Mich Cup Race and they passed tech there ,,, i have 7.4 /7600 mah 40c batteries.... rules from NAMBA say 15 volt max and 10,000 mah ,,, so 2 packs wired together will be 14.8 volts 7600 mah , the amps done not change only volt ,,, at leased that what i learned in school

If someone can help me out here , I dont want to drive 2 hrs and not be able to race

Hey please call me and I will give you all the info you need 917-417-0241 we met in Mi we have some very specific rules for some classes so I'll fill you in on those, but I'm sure we can bend our rules for you guys for a couple of races.
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Ken and I were at a lake on Sunday (9-28-13). Here are three videos of him running his new modified Genesis. This is one amazing boat. You can hear in the video the echo of the boat.

Video 2 of 3.

Here is the last video, 3 of 3. I would have had them all together in one post, for some reason I was not able too. Enjoy.

THANKS TO ROB FOR THE VIDEOS ABOVE !!
    The GENESIS in the above vids is powered by a LEOPARD 4082 1600kv, 6 cell lipo's, 180 Amp ESC, and an Octura 442 prop.
    Seems to have a lot more to offer in the speed dept. Boat ran extremely cool to the touch.
    With a few more test runs and some tuning, I'll move up on the prop to a 445 and try again.
    All I can say is: After running 1 set of lipo's you need to take a break........to stop the hand shakes! (What a rush)
    When I think it's worthy....I'll put a GPS in it and post results.

COME ON FOLKS.....JOIN US ......EMAIL GETS YOU DIRECTIONS TO A FUN DAY AT THE POND
    IT'S NO PRESSURE RACING WITH A GREAT BUNCH.
    HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
    Last edited by luhrs; 10-02-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Namba District 1 is racing this Sunday 9am-4pm at Randolph Park, Randolph, NJ.
    Make a right turn at Marty's Reliable Cycle (1164 Rt. 10 West, Randolph, NJ)
    Check www.Namba-1.com for more info
    Come check it out.

Mike

hey a couple of tips about running your boat, first make right hand turns, not left, the rotation of the propeller makes right turns easier and more fluid and you can keep more throttle on in a right hand turn. Next is that you probably shouldn't be running with anyone in the pond especially a kayaker like that. All it takes is a little water on youyr reciever or an errent wake and your boat could be inside his head! I used to run like that all the time with kayakers and tubers in the water when I first started running boats, and I thik how lucky I am I haven't killed anyone. Please be careful!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Well BOYS AND GIRLS.........It's almost time to charge up the batteries, do the maintenance, and get ready for spring.
    Anyone up for racing at the park pond this year again?
    During the winter layover, I went to the local park's dept. to get the real deal on RC boating in Middlesex county parks.
    ONLY ELECTRIC BOATS ARE ALLOWED IN THE PARK SYSTEM PONDS. BUT THEY ARE ALLOWED IN ALL PARK PONDS ACCORDING TO THE PARKS DEPT.
    Anyone looking to join us at the pond......drop me (or anyone else on this thread) a quick line.
    Hoping to seeing some new faces and boats at the park this year.
    HAPPY BOATING FOLKS, KEEP THE PROP IN THE WATER.

All my batteries are ready to go. I am waiting for a break in the weather and I am there. Tomorrow will be a high of 56 and Saturday will have a high temp of 61. Saturday there is a 30% chance of rain. I think I would try my luck on Saturday. I don't think we will be racing at the track, so I will load the truck Friday night. The atomic is itching to run. I will install the Eagle Tree data logger to know where I am at with the prop. As mentioned, the weather is changing, the lake is there, the rules allow us as long as we are electric, no excuse to come out and play.

Loading up early in the morning and heading over to the lake with my son. I will have the video camera and the professional camera. The only thing Ken and I are worried about is the wind. We are scheduled to have 15 to 18mph wind. We will find out tomorrow.

At the lake by 11 am, winds medium, water slight chop.
    First up......Rob with the atomik, Run lasted all of 5 seconds and Rob showed his son and I what a great AIRPLANE the atomik makes.
    It was a spectacular into the wind flip at max throttle. WHEW.....WHAT A RUSH!
    I made 1 run with the Genesis, no mishaps thank goodness.
    My new winter project was madly overpowered. Back to the drawing board.
    35 minutes later, back to Rob, He was able to rescue his boat by making the walk of shame to the far side of the lake.
    Well better luck to all of us next time.

Could have been worse. LOL I was rolling into the throttle against the current and also against the wind. I caught the wind just right. I did make one full pass which felt good, but I do have a little torque roll if I lay into it a little hard.

My son did the best (8 years old). He had the Revolt out there for about 10 minutes with Ken's batteries. He was afraid to go full throttle. I coached him (as if I should talk) I told him to go out slow against the current and the full throttle!!!! Full Throttle!!! He did it. He had a smile from ear to ear.

The Spartan was DOA. When I did a bench test the motor was frozen. I turned it with a wrench to free it up. Everything was working great on the stand. Under a load it would skip, fart and break up. Out it came.

Arrived home, removed the motors & ESC from both boats and placed a nice order OSE. Lets step it up a little. :-) I also ordered the next size prop for the Atomik. I will be two sizes over stock with the Leopard 1090KV. Let the fun begin.

I took some pictures and video. No video of the Atomik doing a back flip and then a belly flop. It was about 80 to 90 feet out and we all heard it hit. Lucky for me, no damage. While I am working on all the boats, I will install 10"x2"x1/2" piece of wood across the back of the boat. It appears that I am adding power and stepping up the prop size and this could be a weak area. The area is across the rear top portion (stern) of the boat.

Hi , we were out at the lake last sat a bit windy . going to lake Shenandoah in Lakewood to run today . let us know when you guys run at the lake , sat afternoon is best for us or a Thursday evening after 4 . I hope every body had a great winter , it reminded me of a MI winter =) COLD

Ken and I have been running at the lake on different days. I ran my boats for three consecutive days preparing for a NAMBA event. The water was very choppy one day this week. The rescue tug boat was used a few times. I hope to be back at the lake this coming week. I will post the date and time.

how far are you guys from 08002 ???

35-40mins. A minute off exit 8a on the TP

ok cool thanx let me know when you guys run again !!!

We all meeting up to run soon??

Let us know when you guy are going to run . i work most sundays like 1 on sat is good for us to run 1276034_675959462414544_1105650123_o.jpg

Well guys,
    Another boating season comes to a close by the looks of the weather. (damn it)
    Rob and son (finest racing) and I had a great time running at the lake this year.
    DK535 showed up on many occasions, for moral support if nothing else.
    I did not get to run as much as I wanted to due to health reasons, but I'll be back this spring stronger than ever.
    My winter project will be to research and build something to run in P offshore (NAMBA).
    I know Rob has a secret project brewing for the upcoming season also (P offshore).
    Hopefully DK535 will jump on the band wagon and build a P offshore boat to run with us.
    My wish is that this winter finds everyone healthy and I can't wait to hook up this spring for some serious fun.
    See ya all at the pond.

I am hoping that we can get another run or two before it is frozen. I have some new combinations to test. Here is a picture of me in the garage working on the Top Secret Surprise Mad Scientist.jpg

I know you will be running more next season. I am sure once you run P Offshore, you will be hooked.
    I am sure or hope DK535 will be around more. Seems he made a purchase on Black Friday to be able to run one class (Motley Crew). I think he will be building something for P mono.

My goal is to run P Mono, Motley Crew, P Offshore and P Spec/Limited

Looking forward to 2015 guys! Only 3 1/2 months to get ready.
    It will be here before you know it.

I hope the ice doesn't last till the end of March again

Mike

Rob your gonna run open offshore too right?? We should try and run maybe this week if we can meet. Everyone's invited of course!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast