Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ Boaters??? Central Jersey?

Default NJ Boaters??? Central Jersey?

Anyone in Central Jersey out there? We meet at manaplan lake at thompson park in Monroe township. Right off exit 8a off the jersey turnpike. We usually meet Sunday mornings if anyone wants to come out?

Hi,
    You guys still running at the park?
    I have a Mystic 29 and am looking for a place to have some fun.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by luhrs View Post
    Hi,
    You guys still running at the park?
    I have a Mystic 29 and am looking for a place to have some fun.
    Ken
    What's up Ken yeah we still run there. Your more then welcome to come out and run with us. We usually run every sunday late morning. Where you from?

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I know where the park is. Great place, nice lake. I used to feed the deer there.
    I live in Fords, exit 10 on the Pike.
    Look forward to seeing you there this Sunday. I will be driving a white Tundra pickup.
    How many folks usually show up?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by luhrs View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I know where the park is. Great place, nice lake. I used to feed the deer there.
    I live in Fords, exit 10 on the Pike.
    Look forward to seeing you there this Sunday. I will be driving a white Tundra pickup.
    How many folks usually show up?
    Ken
    Sure Kevin I know where that is. 2-3 of us are usually there but I don't know how many this Sunday. I'll PM you my number.

@luhrs, I'm in Union which is pretty close to Fords. Where do you typically run?

Hi J Crew,
    Every once in a while I run at Spring Lake Park in South Plainfield.
    Nice pond, FE friendly, NO NITRO BOATS.
    There is a group of guys that races sailboats on Sundays. A couple of them also have electric boats.
    Whenever I have the urge, thats one of my favorite spots.
    Close to home, easy to get to.
    What do you run?

Tommorow 7/29/12 at Thompson Park in Jamesburg there is a regional FE race. I'm going just to watch........interested?

July 29
    Thompson Park, Jamesburg, NJ
    NAMBA Sanction: 12-071
    Heat Racing/District Points
    All Electric Classes
    Last edited by luhrs; 07-28-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: added info

I have a Traxxas Villain and I just picked up a Kyosho Twinstorm VE36. I know it's and old design but they slapped on a fairly good sized 2250kv motor. It hasn't touched water yet though.

I might be down for watching some races.

I hope you guys are still coming today

Anyone still running their boats in the fall?

I have a gas rio 51 and am about to pickup an electric motley crew. I've run the rio on the manasquan river and in freehold off pond rd.

A couple if us have run at manalapan lake in jamesburg. You can't run gas there though. I'm willing to meet up one day but the next few weeks are tough (wedding coming up).

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of places to run gas here in central jersey. I recommend a few FE boats. You should def come out and meet up with us at least before it gets much colder.

I see it has been awhile since someone has made a post in here. I am in Old Bridge with a Revolt 30 and a Miss Geico 17. Just wondering if you are still meeting at the lake? I think as a newbie, it would be good to be around some veterans for my first run.
    Thanks
    Rob

Hey Rob what's up bud. We do still meet out at the lake. Your more then welcome to come out. We haven't met as much this year due to the weather but hopefully a lot more soon. Check your inbox for my number and give me a call later.

Damen

Nice lake, the past 3 years or so we've had a race there in late july but not this year. The only problem is that its not really protected at all so if it does get windy there is quite a bit of chop. Does anyone bring a rowboat for retrieval?
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Yes we have rafts and rescue retrieval boats. Your covered bud

Thanks Damen, I bought a tug boat to recover before I bought the boats. I will give you a call - Thanks Rob

will u guys be there this weekend??? sat or sunday???
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Not sure yet Mike. Ill post when I know for sure. We are watching the weather right now. Def soon though. Usually Sundays we go.

Thanks to Ken for all the tech tips and coaching. We were at the Jamesburg lake.
    Damen, I left you a message about going out. I will be at the lake next week, my son will be finished with school.
    All went well, no issues on my first run. It was strange using two battery packs at a time, I normally use one pack a time with the cars. I was trying to keep up with charging them. I brought about 8 packs with me. I forgot the tug boat, did not need it.
    Next trip to the lake I will use the GoPro.

Well,
    Another fine day at the lake.
    Boats ran without a hitch after the long break. We tested batteries and setup.
    Mystic 29 and revolt 30 are an even race. (Mystic better in straights, Revolt better in the turns) Lap times seem VERY close.
    STOCK RTR BOATS ARE A CHEAP, EASY WAY TO HAVE FUN.
    I'll have to do something to spank Rob's boat for the next outing.
    Look forward to seeing the rest of you guy's at the lake this summer.

KEEP IN TOUCH !

I said I would be there this Sunday but it is my daughters recital. I have on the calendar for the following Sunday. Next week I will be at the lake with my son. He has never operated a boat on a lake, only in the pool.
    The Mystic 29 and Revolt 30 was an amazing to watch. The mystic would pull away and then there was the Revolt in the turns.
    I could use the motor I have in the Miss Geico. LOL Below is a link of the Miss Geico 24 with a over sized motor in my pool. I used my iPhone clipped onto the fence to take the video. The quality is not that great.

I was using 1 2S battery. Last night I finished installing a dual battery setup - running parallel for weight. I installed a Castle 1410.

Well,
    Another great time at the lake today. No wind and hot as He......
    Rob and his son, Damen and I ran a few batteries down.
    We ran our stock boats untill Damen broke out his collection of water ROCKETS.
    Damens attempt at working out the BUGS in his CAT were rewarded with a few great speed runs and spectacular FLIP that left his SCREAMER upside down in the middle of the lake!
    All attempts at a rescue (fishing rod, tug boat, and Damens rescue boat) all FAILED.....
    And then.........the long wait for the wind to slowly float it to the far side of the lake. BUMMER....gotta be a better way!

Well, after watching Damen run his modified stuff, I think it's time to start hopping up my bone stock MYSTIC 29.
    The need for speed has finally grabbed me.
    It might be time to play.

Anyone else out ther want to join us at the lake?
    Last edited by luhrs; 06-26-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: typo

We had a great time except for the heat. Thought we were in a oven. I used the GoPro camera. The camera works well, but has no zoom.
    http://youtu.be/lC1IoepBS30
    http://youtu.be/eU10pWcLEoM
    http://youtu.be/6piJF6UEcM8
    I have more that I will post later.
    My son did a great job for a first time. He is 7 and I started him at 50% throttle on the Revolt 30 and then moved him up to 100%.
    Last edited by Finest Racing; 06-26-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Who will be the lake tomorrow? I will be there with my son. The Miss Geico is still down, waiting for the new ESC. The Revolt 30 is ready to go. See you there. We should be rolling in around 10:30am.

Today was a great day. My son had more time with the Revolt 30. Damen made a few passes with his rocket.
    http://youtu.be/8wVOU8atZ-0
    http://youtu.be/ycsLbJv26hU
    http://youtu.be/3hxcxRhpJ9k
    My son having fun.
    http://youtu.be/bt-uJMNyWhU

Don't think we will be out there tomorrow with the real feel at 105 degrees.

This Sunday (7-28-13) not looking good weather wise. This past Wed. the lake was rough, no high speed passes. Not worried about going out this Sunday, I will have more time to get the new Atomik ARC 58" ready. Can't wait. LOL

We hit 58mph in the Spartan today. I know there is still more in it. The only mod was a X442 prop. Using Traxxas Lipo 5000 batteries.
    The batteries could have been further back and the water was a little choppy. My goal is to hit 60mph and it will be all worth it.

hey guys , i just moved to the area and looking to run our FE boats , looks like a nice day , i am going to drive out and check out the lake , hope to see some people there .....Later

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast