Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Planes, Heli's and EDFs: Discussion, pics and video Thread

Here's a video of my Blade MQX

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    They do look a little like JAE's. LOL

The Cub is fun to fly but it won't turn worth poop while on the water. It just weather vane's into the wind. Maybe I'll bring it to Delmarva for a little Apres racing fun.
    there u go chilli boats and planes racing lol I had a super decathlon corn field love it more then I did but was thinking of getting another one loved how it flew

I'll bring some planes to the Delmarva race Mike.

Wrecked the 450 this evening. Was doing a nose in hover with the bird pretty far away. Got a little disoriented for a second and that was it. Damage was not too bad. Two trashed blades, blade holders, a bent fly rod and two striped servo gears. I'll have her back in the air next week.

First race this weekend. Got to get back in boating mode.

Chilli I was wanting u to look at my 21 whip to see what u think of it thanks will see u in a few days

Okay Mikey. See you tomorrow. Bring the rain gear.

Default GWS Slow Stick Bipe

Here is my GWS Slow Stick turned into a biplane that I just finished last night. It is a carbonfiber stretch job. I was hoping to maiden it this morning at sunrise but I left the transmiter on all night LOL. SO maybe this afternoon if the winds ever die down. Diesel great videos!
    DSC_0726.jpg
    "Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument, an exchange of ignorance." Robert Quillen

Thanks H2O.

Guys gotta problem, I'm getting addicted to helis. Bought a mcpx v2 today. SMH

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Thanks H2O.

Guys gotta problem, I'm getting addicted to helis. Bought a mcpx v2 today. SMH

I'm right there with you Diesel! I have 4 blade helicopters and 1 kyosho and 1 thunder tiger 425 converting into a AH-1s as well as 12 planes 15 cars and 30 boats. I need a new garage or to sell some more boats

I also had the winds die down so I could maden my bipe and wow did it ever fly like a dream! very smooth and straight takeoff roll and what a climb rate! flew 20 minutes at half throttle on a 1600 3s battery I am very happy with it. :D
    "Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument, an exchange of ignorance." Robert Quillen

Quote Originally Posted by H2OCamel View Post
    I'm right there with you Diesel! I have 4 blade helicopters and 1 kyosho and 1 thunder tiger 425 converting into a AH-1s as well as 12 planes 15 cars and 30 boats. I need a new garage or to sell some more boats

I also had the winds die down so I could maden my bipe and wow did it ever fly like a dream! very smooth and straight takeoff roll and what a climb rate! flew 20 minutes at half throttle on a 1600 3s battery I am very happy with it. :D
    Thats a HUGE fleet of everything lol. Glad the maiden went good for your, I really wanted to do some heli flying today but the winds where out of control. Hopefully tomorrow. My rc funds are like gone so I had to part ways with some items to get that mcpx. Also getting rid of some boats.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Barnacle View Post
    Picked up a Blade Scout CX couple weeks ago to see if heli’s would be something I would like, I DO

Couple weeks later (Monday 16th) I added a Blade mCX-2, dam thing has more lights than a xmas tree

Lot harder to fly too, but I'm getting the hang of it. Can't wait to add all the glow-in-the-dark goodies, that should make night flying FUN!! Bunch of xtra batts would be nice too. Once I get it figured out, I'll add a mSR-X to the fleet.

When your retired / disabled and live in an area where it rains all the time, having an indoor heli sure takes away a LOT of boredom.

Guys, if you haven't tried a heli then WTF are you waiting for?? There a hella-va-lot cheaper than boats, and you can fly them in your house (or garage if your married). Blade makes the best micro’s – my entry level Scout has taken an amazing amount of punishment for a $50 heli, and parts are cheap and easy to find for them - main / rotor blades are only $3 a set - yes I've gone through several sets, I won't lie, it's just part of the learning curve.

Go here for more info… http://www.bladehelis.com/Helis/

Now, quit lolly gaggin and GO GET ONE and start having fun!! Be sure to get at least a 1/2 dozen xtra batts and the Celectra 4-port charger, you'll know why if/when you try this hobby.

Diesel, thanks for starting this thread - you are right, this is a great forum and being able to share our other R/C hobbies is cool.

What a great hobby and forum....
    When your ready to move from the coaxial helis really check out the 120sr! I've without a doubt been bite by the heli bug. This mcpx is a tiny and angry little s.o.b, def gonna kept me on my toes lol... I need one of those 4 port chargers as well, my little umx planes take those 1s 150mah batts also.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Well I have about 20 flights on my mcpx already lol... I love this little thing! Been working on going inverted and hovering in place while inverted. Very challenging and exciting. Really enjoying the helis. So far after 20 flights cost of repairs is $4! No complaints at all on that! I will need to dump another $10-$15 in her lol....

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

That's what we want to hear bro!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    That's what we want to hear bro!
    This thing takes a beating that's for sure. Love the battery prices on these little micro heli. You can load up for cheap! Hopefully I can get some flying in today!

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

This thing takes a beating that's for sure. Love the battery prices on these little micro heli. You can load up for cheap! Hopefully I can get some flying in today!

I love the prices of the batteries on this little guy
    I think I've got about 14 or 15 packs for mine and love it!!
    the ones I favor the most right now are the Common Sense packs
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Ill check those one out. I like common sense rc, I LOVE their power supplies I have 2 of them!

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Gotta chance (busy day) to hit the field and took advantage of it. Got 2 flights on my Dynam T-28! Came home and when the old lady wasn't looking got 4 mcpx flights in out back :D

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Are they the Lectron Pro 300mah 35c ?

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Are they the Lectron Pro 300mah 35c ?
    YES!
    http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...oducts_id=2851

I ordered a 2-pack of these today. I also order a xtreme frame and landing gear. My stock landing gear and frame are pretty beat up already. Honestly amazed they withstood the hard crashes I've had with it. Tough little heli! I also ordered a Xtreme canopy and a xtreme canopy for my 120sr. So I'm going to re-build the mcpx. I'm going to clean the servos and replace the feathering shaft while I'm at it. I get a violent little shake at certain pitch changes then it smoooths out.

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I ordered a 2-pack of these today. I also order a xtreme frame and landing gear. My stock landing gear and frame are pretty beat up already. Honestly amazed they withstood the hard crashes I've had with it. Tough little heli! I also ordered a Xtreme canopy and a xtreme canopy for my 120sr. So I'm going to re-build the mcpx. I'm going to clean the servos and replace the feathering shaft while I'm at it. I get a violent little shake at certain pitch changes then it smoooths out.

do you fly idle up?
    one thing that helped my little heli was I sprayed WD40 on the bearings and moving parts on the head..

do you fly idle up?
    one thing that helped my little heli was I sprayed WD40 on the bearings and moving parts on the head..
    Yea. No matter what flight mode I'm in I always get a bad vib the first 10 seconds of flight. Then when I throttle pump a little it smooths out, I think the feathering shaft is slightly bent. Started doing after a nasty crash.

If these Lectrons are awesome I may snag some 600mah batts for my 120sr and mqx. Surprisngly I get more flight time on my mqx then my 120sr with the same batts.

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Glad you're having fun with the heli's Diesel. Wait till you move up to a 450. The intimidation factor goes way up. LOL I've had a few ground incursions but so far damage hasnt cost me more that $25 an incident. And that includes a new set of main blades. I'm very confortable hovering the 120 nose in but the 450 just scares the crap out of me. Still loving it though. I've have learned to take it slow and confidence is slowly building. She is much easier to handle in a slight breeze than the 120. I might have to get a mcx2 this winter for some cross training.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    Glad you're having fun with the heli's Diesel. Wait till you move up to a 450. The intimidation factor goes way up. LOL I've had a few ground incursions but so far damage hasnt cost me more that $25 an incident. And that includes a new set of main blades. I'm very confortable hovering the 120 nose in but the 450 just scares the crap out of me. Still loving it though. I've have learned to take it slow and confidence is slowly building. She is much easier to handle in a slight breeze than the 120. I might have to get a mcx2 this winter for some cross training.
    Having a blast! This little mcpx has some Napleaon syndrome going on lol... I'm loving it. Tough little heli, I've blasted this thing and hit everything in site. Its such an awesome learning heli. Hit something flip it over and keep flying. Got stuck in the tree on the side of my house (twice :rolleyes:) with no damage. Countless times hitting the ground practicing flips and flying inverted with 0 - min damage. Its a must by to learn tricks on!!! I'm getting better at taking off and going straight inverted and hovering inverted eye level or very low to the ground... kind of a rush!

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Ordered parts for both my helis. Nice being able to buy a crap load of hop-up parts for 2 helis for less then $100!

Here's the new canopy for my 120sr.

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I just sold a few boats and picked up my DX8! what a radio! Now to finish my fun cub. Nice canopy Diesel! You can call it the GREEN HORNET?

I just sold a few boats and picked up my DX8! what a radio! Now to finish my fun cub. Nice canopy Diesel! You can call it the GREEN HORNET?
    you might sell another... or two

Thanks! Not bad for $10 :D

I use a dx8 and LOVE IT!!! Moved from a dx6i which I also loved, but the 8 is amazing! Since I started flying helis I took the "racheting/clicking" effect out of the throttle/rudder stick. I liked with my planes, but like the smoothness with the helis. Nice you can adjust that! The dx6i was sold either as a heli model "no rachet" or airplane which had the rachet.

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

My DX6i came with a rachet bar but it was not installed. Only took five minutes to get it in.

I broke a ball off the fly bar on the 120. Was thinking of getting an aftermarket CF or metal replacement. Anyone have any thoughts?? Reviews seem to be mixed. Looking for a little more precision on the 120.

you might sell another... or two
    Good! How soon shall I bring them over?
    Diesel I upgraded to the DX8 from a DX7 I always buy heli transmiters to be cross-platform so I don't know rachet with throttle. I sure like the feel and balance better than the DX7! and lots of 3 position swithces for lights, flaps, flight stablizer etc.....

I fly a Gaui 200 flybar, and a Walkera V120D02S. My son flys MSR and 120SR. My backyard is a small heli wonderland...
    8^)

V120D02S

Gaui

Chief

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast