Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Planes, Heli's and EDFs: Discussion, pics and video Thread

Cool Electric Planes, Heli's and EDFs: Discussion, pics and video Thread

Figured I start a thread for those who also fly. The community here is much better then on other forums, so figured why not start a thread here for anything that flies (electrics). Share or if anyone has questions and are thinking about getting into the air side rc post here as well. Hopefully this thread kinda catches on...

Here's a video from yesterday.
    Little Parkzone Habu action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG0u1...1&feature=plcp

* Shockingly the Parkzone Habu has been discontinued, no clue why it was and still is a very popular model. Makes me think (praying at least ) HH has something up there sleeve to fill the gap for this thing. Maybe another parkflier size edf with as3x

Last edited by Diesel6401; 04-10-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Enjoyed your video Dale.
    The thread is a great idea. There are probably quite a few FE boat guys out there that also fly and are happy to share their knowledge and ones like myself that have a lot to learn.
    I have 2 gliders and flew my 4 channel one for the first time yesterday. Until now I have been flying a Parkzone Radian 3 channel. The Radian is an easy glider to fly but is a bit limited in what you can do because of having only 3 channels. Here is a video of me flying it back in January this year...

Yeah baby!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    Enjoyed your video Dale.
    The thread is a great idea. There are probably quite a few FE boat guys out there that also fly and are happy to share their knowledge and ones like myself that have a lot to learn.
    I have 2 gliders and flew my 4 channel one for the first time yesterday. Until now I have been flying a Parkzone Radian 3 channel. The Radian is an easy glider to fly but is a bit limited in what you can do because of having only 3 channels. Here is a video of me flying it back in January this year...
    Nice... Their was a guy at the field I fly at a few weeks ago with the Raiden Pro: http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ5480 looked like he was enjoying himself quiet a bit!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Yeah baby!
    Figured you would get a kick outta this thread lol..... I know you have some toys!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Figured you would get a kick outta this thread lol..... I know you have some toys!
    Yes sir!
    but they are taking a back seat for a week or two as I've started racing at NAMBA20 and they are threatening to kick my if I don't show up at the next race..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Yes sir!
    but they are taking a back seat for a week or two as I've started racing at NAMBA20 and they are threatening to kick my if I don't show up at the next race..
    O man... get on it and kick some a$$ !
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

A few pics of my fleet. (actually the Super Cub belongs to my son)

Not shown Nitro Planes 70mm EDF F18, Multiplex Gemini, Blade SR120

In route: Blade 450 3D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice bro! I love that floatplane! Are those JAE sponsons?
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

double post
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

They do look a little like JAE's. LOL

The Cub is fun to fly but it won't turn worth poop while on the water. It just weather vane's into the wind. Maybe I'll bring it to Delmarva for a little Apres racing fun.

O man... get on it and kick some a$$ !
    right on man!
    something I really want to try out is a Quadcopter..
    I would love to fly a GoPro and make some money with that setup

No planes or vid but I have a couple of heli's.

Heli's-1.jpg
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    A few pics of my fleet. (actually the Super Cub belongs to my son)

Not shown Nitro Planes 70mm EDF F18, Multiplex Gemini, Blade SR120

In route: Blade 450 3D
    Nice pics. How do you like the Blade SR120? I was thinking about snagging one.

right on man!
    something I really want to try out is a Quadcopter..
    I would love to fly a GoPro and make some money with that setup
    Nice. xheli.com has a little dice cam thats 720p and my mqx will carry it. Should be kinda cool. It won't lift a go-pro though.

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    No planes or vid but I have a couple of heli's.

Heli's-1.jpg
    If it flies this is thread for it

Nice pic!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Here's my Tower Hobbies P51 I did a red tail paint scheme on. To check out my planes (and boats) click the "diesels fleet" link in my Signature.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Diesel, I like the 120SR. I didnt want a co-axial for a first heli. I also wanted something that could fly outdoors when the wind is down. I considered a SR but the reviews were so-so. So for the price the BNF 120 fit the bill. She flies pretty good in a very slight breeze and is cheap and easy to fix if you smack something. She is also pretty durable. I think it was a good choice for me for a first heli. I'm doing time on the Phoenix getting ready for the 450 when I get her. I have a few heli guys to help me with the first few flights. Should be a hoot.

Diesel, I like the 120SR. I didnt want a co-axial for a first heli. I also wanted something that could fly outdoors when the wind is down. I considered a SR but the reviews were so-so. So for the price the BNF 120 fit the bill. She flies pretty good in a very slight breeze and is cheap and easy to fix if you smack something. She is also pretty durable. I think it was a good choice for me for a first heli. I'm doing time on the Phoenix getting ready for the 450 when I get her. I have a few heli guys to help me with the first few flights. Should be a hoot.
    Great to hear. I've been looking hard at the 120sr, I think when money is right I will snag one. I also was looking at the SR and got scared away, read so of the rcgroups threads about that thing and I'm going to steer clear of it. Nice part is about the 120sr is my mqx uses the same batts, so with the bnf I should have 5 batts which will work out nicely. I bought these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-120-SR...item53eb13e82a

I don't want a co-axial first heli either, so the bnf 120 maybe a winner. HH is killing me though. I have the umx mig 15 on backorder and I like the umx beast 3d as I would like to start trying to get into 3d flying (maybe), and the umx carbon-z cub looks bad a$$ also. And the umx Styrker 180 looks awesome, once I'm done handing my check over to hospitals ill hand my check over to HH
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Thumbs up

Great to hear. I've been looking hard at the 120sr, I think when money is right I will snag one. I also was looking at the SR and got scared away, read so of the rcgroups threads about that thing and I'm going to steer clear of it. Nice part is about the 120sr is my mqx uses the same batts, so with the bnf I should have 5 batts which will work out nicely. I bought these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-120-SR...item53eb13e82a

I don't want a co-axial first heli either, so the bnf 120 maybe a winner. HH is killing me though. I have the umx mig 15 on backorder and I like the umx beast 3d as I would like to start trying to get into 3d flying (maybe), and the umx carbon-z cub looks bad a$$ also. And the umx Styrker 180 looks awesome, once I'm done handing my check over to hospitals ill hand my check over to HH
    My favorite flying craft right now is the MCPx
    I flew my first one to over 250 flights and my second one has about 60 flights on it now
    awesome little CP heli

The Beast 3D with the AS3X would be fun as I have the first version and that one is a blast

I've gone through a few Beasts. I don't know if I would consider either of them a 3D bird. V1 is just a rush to fly and keeps you on your toes. V2 isn't quite as spirited but the AS3X is just awesome in the wind. I flew my V2 in winds I wouldn't dream of flying any of my other ultra micro's in.

New offerings on the Horizon web site. The Habu is back in Thunderbird colors.....with optional retracts and flaps!!!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-basic-PKZ7150

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-x-bnf-BLH3780

Loks pretty cool. I'm leaning towards the 120SR over the Beast 3D, I would love the beast but I'm realizing the best part about my mqx is a fly it everywhere, need hardly any room to have fun with it. I love being able to fly in my garage, house or just in the drive way. I have more flights on it then planes I've had much much longer. This 130x looks bad a$$, but I've never owned a heli before so maybe to big of a jump for me. The 120sr seems like it would be the smarter choice to learn heli's on and kinda ease into it. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I've even been looking at youtube vids of the Hyper Taxi. Looks like it can do some cool stuff. I bashed the mqx when it first came out because I wasn't a quad fan, but when I flew it in the hobbyshop for the first I was instantly hooked and bought one a week later. The mqx kinda opening my eyes to a new direction on what I look at as being fun. My buddy told me not to get one and when I let him fly mine he was freaking hooked on it, especially when I started doing double and triple flips with it lol.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT HABU V2..... I just wet myself

O Horizon Hobby the mighty and powerful provider of all things Bad A$$ I surrender my paycheck to you
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I bet half the equity in that company is stuff that's been pre-ordered that people are waiting to be released. LOL

I have been flying Heli's and planes for quite a few years. I like that little 130X, looks a little bigger than the MCPx.
    Team Liquid Dash

I bet half the equity in that company is stuff that's been pre-ordered that people are waiting to be released. LOL
    I'm on that list lol

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    I have been flying Heli's and planes for quite a few years. I like that little 130X, looks a little bigger than the MCPx.
    I'd like to move up the heli chain soon, gotta start somewhere!

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Thumbs up

New offerings on the Horizon web site. The Habu is back in Thunderbird colors.....with optional retracts and flaps!!!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-basic-PKZ7150

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-x-bnf-BLH3780
    That Habu looks awesome!
    and I've been wanting a 120mcpx size BnF to come out and that 130x looks cool, but after looking at the pictures of the frame and electronics and the price of 280bucks I think I will spend the extra cash and get the 300 or maybe even the 450X
    and maybe I can get Joe Scarpino to make a sick Carbon Fiber setup for the 450X to hold a GoPro

That Habu looks awesome!
    and I've been wanting a 120mcpx size BnF to come out and that 130x looks cool, but after looking at the pictures of the frame and electronics and the price of 280bucks I think I will spend the extra cash and get the 300 or maybe even the 450X
    and maybe I can get Joe Scarpino to make a sick Carbon Fiber setup for the 450X to hold a GoPro
    Ima make the jump bro into the heli game. Been thinking real hard on it. To many awesome looking heli coming out. I think I need to sale some stuff lol.

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Thumbs up

Ima make the jump bro into the heli game. Been thinking real hard on it. To many awesome looking heli coming out. I think I need to sale some stuff lol.

My MCPx gets the most attention of any RC I own
    so addictive

My MCPx gets the most attention of any RC I own
    so addictive
    I was watching vids on that. A guy showed how to calm it down to make it more beginner friendly. He was doing some cool stuff with it that's for sure.

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast