Thread: Blackjack 26 SS Nitro to Brushless

Default Blackjack 26 SS Nitro to Brushless

Hello. I'm new to fast electrics so I could use a little help. I acquired a Blackjack 26ss Nitro on a trade. The engine is locked up and full of black grunge. I was thinking of converting it to a brushless setup. I have a 150 amp esc and a 35-56 2600 kv motor. Would these work, or would I be better off selling it off and buying something else. The Blackjack existing threads all seem to deal with the older style.

I love the SS hardwear on my boat. If you want to go "green" i think it woul be as easy as gutting all the wood out of your hull and put your own mounts in. i just striped my BJ26 down to nothing and made my own mounts and stuff. it wasnt to bad, and from what ive been reading the nitro hull was built alittle heavyer than the brushless ones so you might not even need to beef it up any....just plug the hole for the exhaust and intake holes. ass far as your gear...IDK what brand your esc or motor are but a 2600kv motor on 4s would be about 3600rpm and might be too much. Goodluck have fun!

Thanks. I was afraid I would have to rip out all the supports. I had the motor and esc for a recovery boat I was gonna build but figured if it would work in the BJ, why not. I think I'll look for another nitro motor for it, sell it, then buy a FE Cat. Thanks a bunch.