Thread: Having a few problems with my proboat formula fastech

Default Having a few problems with my proboat formula fastech

I have a Proboat Formula fastech, with (2) Venom 5000mah 40C LiPo's and a sharpened & balanced Octura x642 prop. The radio, ESC and motor are stock.

Problems
    1. After I plug the ESC into the programming card (which seems to accept the data) and back into the reciever I have to unplug the batteries and plug them back in to get the boat to work.

2. After charging my batteries and programming the ESC and plugging everything in, I go to run my boat and sometimes it runs with no problems, but then other times power to the motor cuts in and out, but the steering never loses power, like i have a short somewhere. I just dont know if its in the motor, reciever, transmitter or what!!?? Please Help

Check solder connections

Yep, check your connections. a 642 is a big prop for that motor, the wires could be getting very hot and some unsoldering may have occurred.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by jakedanger View Post
    I have a Proboat Formula fastech, with (2) Venom 5000mah 40C LiPo's and a sharpened & balanced Octura x642 prop. The radio, ESC and motor are stock.

Problems
    1. After I plug the ESC into the programming card (which seems to accept the data) and back into the reciever I have to unplug the batteries and plug them back in to get the boat to work.

2. After charging my batteries and programming the ESC and plugging everything in, I go to run my boat and sometimes it runs with no problems, but then other times power to the motor cuts in and out, but the steering never loses power, like i have a short somewhere. I just dont know if its in the motor, reciever, transmitter or what!!?? Please Help

Regarding #1, I believe that is typical behavior for this ESC. I've used a couple of proboat ESCs and I frequently need to completely remove power (turning the on/off switch isn't enough) to reset.

I have also had problems with connectors de-soldering when using x642 prop. X442 also works really well on this boat.

Chief

@ dana and make-a-wake
    Thanks but the soldering was not the problem

@BHChieftain
    So by disconnecting the batteries and connecting them back, is the esc still good with the data i set the card at and do i have to reprogram the esc everytime i use the boat even if i dont want to change any data or does it stay at the last setting i put it at

So by disconnecting the batteries and connecting them back, is the esc still good with the data i set the card at and do i have to reprogram the esc everytime i use the boat even if i dont want to change any data or does it stay at the last setting i put it at

Thanks but the soldering was not the problem

You don't have to program it every time.
    Real men have shafts.

Right, you don't need to reprogram the ESC after power is removed.
    On your other problem-- how are the temps? Anything getting really hot? You also might want to try a different set of batteries-- maybe you have a cell that is hitting LVC. Try setting the LVC cutoff to low.

Chief