Thread: Weight?

Default Weight?

I just switched from Nimh batteries to Lipos and there is a big difference in weight. However, I think the tradeoff is it's faster but more hyper handling and it flips even easier.

Maybe a dumb question, but do you guys ever add a little bit of weight to keep it down especially when windy?

I think next run I'm going to put the batteries up more forward.

your CG has changed you need to move them
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I run mine in a "V" formation in front of the motor....a lot more stable given the extra speed that Lipos will give.

Thanks guys, I will try that and hopefully it can handle in some wind and choppy water. It's a lot faster now than before

Kinda twitchy handeling is a bit of a SV trait once you get it really moving, I have a 24" mono that is way more stable at the same speed than my SV, the aerobatics are part of the fun of running a fast SV, you really have to use the throttle and drive the boat, especially when crossing other boat wakes in turns.
    A pack of SVs all stock racing each other is a real hoot.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?