Thread: Prop section for my P1

Default Prop section for my P1

I have been reading all the post on props for my ekos p1. I am going to run a Hk outrunner 1600k motor with the stock rudder setup. I am going to put a Speedmaster Stinger Strut 3/16. I am thinking of the oct 640 and the 642 props. I am going to run 3 and 4 cell lipos with a aquastar 90a esc. Any help will be appreciated.
    Joe

Why are you changing the outrunner to the 1600kv version? Unless you run more cells it will prob be slower than the stock 2000kv as you aren't propping up and tbh you don't really have much scope to prop bigger than 42mm. So with the 1600kv outrunner you will have less rpm, 23,680rpm or 29,600 with the 2000kv. More rpm with the same prop = more speed

I got the bare hull and read alot of guys went to the 1600k motor and I thought it would be a good choice.

If I had thd bare hull I would go with one of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...FInrunner.html
    Great motor for the money, I run the 4074 version in a genesis. I was thinking of swapping to one of these in my p1

I tried x442 and now what I have is x642, they both work well, with the latter one has to be careful with temp on the stock motor, I have Seaking 120a ESC, never went higher than 100F. Motor is a different story. I got speed up to 41 mph,( 4s) although I think Lenny's mod on his rudder improved the ride quality, I have occasional chine walk if the wind is in certain direction.
    I just wished the stock motor clamp is water cooled, the front part of the motor gets hot and would have benefitted from water cooling.

An outrunner will get hotter but handle more heat than an inrunner. Do you have your timing set to 15deg?

Yes, I do, timing set 15 deg. The reason I keep saying this is that the heat which is transfered to the motor clamp will eventually make the hull brittle as the clamp is epoxy into the hull. I got a 500 class outrunner from Fightercat which can be mounted on a regular water-cooled mount, was toying with the idea to gut the stock clamp and do a mod, but I put extra glass cloth all over the bottom of the hull, to rip it out might be risking damaging the hull, so I am stuck with the stock set-up. Looking at another hull ( hull w/o any extra fiber glass cloth on the bottom) with this idea and Lenny's off-set rudder mod. Maybe summer project.

I got a outrunner for mine and I have a motor mount for water cooling. I hope to have mine together in the next week or two.