Thread: BlackJack Insanity, Part #1 Video

Talking BlackJack Insanity, Part #1 Video

Part #1 of the modification,

Ran the BJ today with the first part of the modification, ,,,running on a single SV 27 motor and speed control and a set of 6 cell IB4200's. Navibe informs me that a top end of 35.5Mph ,,,,on one engine using the standard Proboat outdrive and a SV27 prop:) :)
    This thing is crazy fast , except when it wound up upside down on ! When I hit the throttle , it jumped out of the water , pointed its nose to the sky for about 3 seconds before finally settling down.

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...k1stRun002.flv

The blonde hair in the video belongs to the Girlfriend:p

Part #2 of the project will be running on twin engines,,probably in about 2-3 weeks.

Part #3 of the project will be shortly thereafter. I'm starting to get a bit scared about this part after seeing how it ran on just one motor

I ran mine today with similar results. The problem I have is that it doesnt like tight turns. The big arc's are ok. I took off the fins and it hooked badly.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

The thing does fly in a straight line, I can't imagine trying to turn it without the fins
    Did you ever try a fin in the front as well ??

It's not so bad to turn if you lose the OD. But over all the hull don't like to turn with out being babied in any configuration. With the offset S&R setup and 45mm prop you can keep it about 1/2 throttle mid through the exit of about a 15 foot radius turn. But IMO it will allways have to be babied in the entry. I bet if I had gone down to an 8XL 40mph on 14 cells would have been no sweat. We will have to see how Part Time makes out.

OK, so I wasn't the first one to think to make a Blackjack brushless. Good thing, because I would have never been able to configure and assess that setup as you guys have. Good luck !

Just got back from the pond,,Navibe says 36.5Mph. Thats on two , 6 cell packs!! The thing is just plain fast with the SV motor, seriously considering if 3 , even twins might be way to much
    Plus , flipped it twice in some fairly calm conditions , its not the most stable boat,,needs wiiiiiiiiiiide turns, but in a straight line,,, WOW:D

Shes a handfull. Loose them fins and then give her a run. I never ran withem...lol. Notice how she will get dancin around or just hop out of the water going straight some times....lol..Weeeee:D