Thread: Face lift for this old girl

Default Face lift for this old girl

Well this is my winter/spring project making room for the Leopard 3674, 1700kv. i made new mounting plates to lower my cg further and also to be able to run a longer water jacket. also mocking up my new miss geico rudder....P3130399.jpgP3270470.jpgP3270472.jpgP3270473.jpgP3270456.jpgAttachment 73407
    Last edited by Stephavee; 03-28-2012 at 06:55 PM.

glassed up the seems and middle deck...i kinda see this thing blowing off the water once or twice! Also makeing a new hatch out of a mystic lidP3130403.jpgP3130404.jpgP3280474.jpg

I use that motor in my Titan 29 on 5s2p it really kranks!

This thing is going to be a 6s-2P boat. I hope i can hit 60! whats your take on filling the last step?...was thinking about that mod this winter as well.

I'm getting 50 on 5s, and that's a deep v hull. You should be 60 mph or so on 6s. I have no take on that, but I would reinforce the hull if you haven't already

This boat was doing mid 50s with the stock motor/esc so it should scream now! I put one layer of fiberglass on the top and middle hump. Also ran strips down the side seams and beefed up the transom with extra wood for the rudder. If she breaks up still. Im moving all this equipment into a df29 hull

I was up late last night and put in all my electronics in the hull for mock up but i think im going to run this setup before she gets any paint. i got up this morning and saw i forgot the block i cut for floatation. so now i just have to pull the motor and cram it back in. i think things fit well and i still have room for my gps to mount wfd of the motor, I do wish the esc had a single flooded chamber with one inlet and one outlet though! i will be making that mod soon "after a few runs". I just have to have it sea worthy by this next weekend because we are going camping and the lake there is bitchen! One question though, what should i set first the cg? what ball park should i start with?

That prop is the crapy stocker and i do have a x642, m545, m445, and a little 40x53 for my basher prop.

P3300475.jpgAttachment 73496
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I went camping over the Easter weekend and got my boats wet. I also picked up a new Impulse 31 on the way! F-ing great boat!!! But, back to the Blackjack. the first few runs i found that the rpms weren't what they should be. on the gps it was only reading 48ish, and i was getting mid 50s with stock stuff. So i figured out that the lvc was crap on the seaking 180s and was cutting off on the first pass. But heres a video anyway.http://youtu.be/m6WSbosQ9fE

After i got back from camping i researched my problems and went to my local lake with the lvc turned OFF! I feel im getting full power from my equipment but my gps only gave me 56mph. only 3mph gain from the stock motor/esc!? IDK any ideas on whats wrong? Heres a video from todayhttp://youtu.be/2-yXHJdTHLE

Well i ran my boat today and still didnt get the speeds i wanted. I ran without turn fins and ran my biggest prop (M545 S/B) and only saw 57.5mph
    temps very cool with new esc cooling mod! my timming is set to 11.25, should i bump it up some? what am i doing wrong? shouldnt it be faster?

http://youtu.be/dGfH5RZq0sg

I have my timing at 15. I never tried any other timing so I'm curious what your findings are. Timing change won't give you any drastic speed difference, but for that motor I think 57 is pretty darn good