Thread: cutting out and not spit water out the side

Default cutting out and not spit water out the side

it has been alot time since i have been on here. but i can not figuar out why my boat runs for about 2 mins and then starts cutting out. i also noticed that tube at on the motors out side was completely dry. i have one of the esc programmers i think i might have just clicked something wrong it. please someone help me out. i only running normal batterys right now.

still need to buy a charger for my lipos

Could be your Nimh cells...

I'm not familiar with the Proboat ESC there are two good possibilities. If you're not getting any cooling, the controller may be going into a thermal shut down. Take a mouth full of water and blow through the cooling system to check for leaks and a clear path for the water. Make sure you check the whole system from pick up to outlet to make sure nothing is clogged. Second is if the ESC has a low voltage cutoff for LiPo's, that may be kicking it. Especially if using NiMh packs. Make sure your packs are fresh and the ESC is set up for correct batter type or cell count.

Yup it is getting too hot and and going into a Thermal Shutdown. When you run your boat after it does that and you bring it in you should be able to tell pretty quickly by touching the motor and esc...I bet they are VERY hot

Same thing was happening on my Fastech, water wasn't coming out the side and it was occasionally cutting out, and it even got so hot that it de-soldered the connections from the motor to the ESC one time. I found It was plugged at the motor, their was build up under the jacket at the inlet and outlets preventing water flow. So if you don't have water after the motor in the tubes, then yours is also plugged at the motor. Just take the motor out and take the jacket off and I am sure you will find gunk inside it. Clean it and you will be good to go.
    The Speeders *PB SW 26 BL *PB Formula FASTech
    The Cruiser *CBM Marlin Cruiser
    The Pool Toys *Proboat Mini-C (x2)

it really doesn't even get the chance to get hot! but i am going to go home and check for any "gunk" thanks guys!18361_239384508130_508343130_3415417_1580046_n.jpg