Thread: What hardware for single drive?

Default What hardware for single drive?

I managed to find a hull in the UK for a good price and this will be the first time I've built a boat that doesn't have the hardware all fitted so I'm not sure what to go with. Ideally I want to but the strut rudder stuffing tube and flex all in one and just fit it. I was thinking of using this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STRUT-RUDD...item231b4d3cea it's the same rudder as the genesis. I will be running a 4074 2000kv 120a esc on 4s with probably an x642 prop.

Hi,
    I think you better with a off set rudder,
    That whats on mine and my FC 37" Daytona to.
    It will make it handle a lot better and add less drag to.

An inline rudder and strut is fine for me as I only do sport running so as long as it handles in a straight line then that's all I need.

IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgHi, Here is my EKOS with single set up. I used hardware from OSE which is similar to the one you posted except it is anodized
    black. I have no complaints about the way mine handles and I refuse to use offset rudder on a Catamaran hull. My opinion.
    Regards
    Norman2
    34" Ekos Cat UL-1 Powered

I've never had any issues with an inline rudder on my genesis. What setup are you running on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Norman2 View Post
    IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgHi, Here is my EKOS with single set up. I used hardware from OSE which is similar to the one you posted except it is anodized
    black. I have no complaints about the way mine handles and I refuse to use offset rudder on a Catamaran hull. My opinion.
    Regards
    Norman2
    If you ever have time, can you post a pic of your stuffing tube underneath the hull? I'm building a single and I love what you have done to yours.

IMG_0002.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
    If you ever have time, can you post a pic of your stuffing tube underneath the hull? I'm building a single and I love what you have done to yours.
    Sorry for the late answer. Attached Photos of Stuffing tube. Regards
    Norman

IMG_0002.jpg
    Sorry for the late answer. Attached Photos of Stuffing tube. Regards
    Norman
    Thanks bud

Thumbs up

Regards
    Norman2
    bro, is that a UL-1 motor in there?
    how does this hull run with your setup?
    thanks!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hi, Ran the boat last weekend and was very happy with the speed and handling. Started with an X440 and speed was 43.6 MPH on
    the GPS. Temperatures were warm to the touch so I ended up with an X640 which gave me 48.9 MPH with no temp problems. I think
    I can get to 50 MPH, which is my goal, if I use an X642. Will keep trying but I think I have the handling dialed in. Will post some
    videos next week if my buddy shows up with the camera. Regards
    Norman

Hey Norman I also have a single drive kos! Cool, I have a leapord 4082 2200 kv on 2 7.4 lipos. Im getting about 42 mph out of mine. It doesn't even get warm at all hard runs so I think I could prop up a bit i'm sure. I love this boat! What kv is the Ul-1 motor?

Hi, Ran the boat last weekend and was very happy with the speed and handling. Started with an X440 and speed was 43.6 MPH on
    the GPS. Temperatures were warm to the touch so I ended up with an X640 which gave me 48.9 MPH with no temp problems. I think
    I can get to 50 MPH, which is my goal, if I use an X642. Will keep trying but I think I have the handling dialed in. Will post some
    Norman
    great speeds on that UL-1 motor man!

Quote Originally Posted by limitedr1 View Post
    Hey Norman I also have a single drive kos! Cool, I have a leapord 4082 2200 kv on 2 7.4 lipos. Im getting about 42 mph out of mine. It doesn't even get warm at all hard runs so I think I could prop up a bit i'm sure. I love this boat! What kv is the Ul-1 motor?
    UL-1 motor = 2030kv
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

thanks brushless. norman...did you get the x642 on the water?

Quote Originally Posted by limitedr1 View Post
    thanks brushless. norman...did you get the x642 on the water?
    Hi, Yes, i tried the 642 and was able to reach 52.8 MPH. However the motor and ESC temperatures were a lot hotter.
    I am going to stick to the X640 until I find a three bladed prop that will give me the same speed as the X640.
    Regards
    Norman

Nice good to hear.

James- did u ever get yours going?

Norman
    Hi Norman, I'm about to undertake a single build as well. I would love to see a video of yours running! Thanks!

Ok fellas I have a segad thst I want to convert to a single. Which boat did you use to get ghe stuffing tube and rudder hardware off of.

im currently about to put together the atomik 34 c1.

this will be a single drive as i cannot see myself doubling the components.

i need the hardware (rudder/strut assembly) i seen some on ose and liked it but im not sure if it will fit. can anyone point me out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by out of stock View Post
    im currently about to put together the atomik 34 c1.

this will be a single drive as i cannot see myself doubling the components.

i need the hardware (rudder/strut assembly) i seen some on ose and liked it but im not sure if it will fit. can anyone point me out?
    Hi, Attached photo of the Drive Hardware I used. It is from OSE. I anodized mine black. Regards
    NormanEkos Hardware.JPG

hey i got sidetracked and im back on the build. ok i will order this set thanks! im sure ill have more questions.... here we go,

did you bend your own stuffing tube or did you purchase already in shape?