Thread: Bought a Ekos P1 hull

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bought a Ekos P1 hull

I need some help, I bought a new ekos P1 vee hull. I need some measurements of some of the stock hardware. The stinger length and the length of the rudder and rudder bracket. And help would be appreciated.
    Joe

The stinger lenght is 1/10 of hull lenght, Speedmaster stinger strut is ok, for 3/16 propeller shafts http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...os-stinger-str
    This Speedmaster rudder is perfect http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-80050
    Use a 3/16" flexcable http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=ose-1190

What kind of setup for this hull? 4S or 6S? I think the Venom KOS P1 must be reinforced with carbon layer

Thanks for the info

Hi,
    Welcome to the club,
    I have bin adding info to this thread so it will be easy to find later on in one place.
    Hears some info and ideas on this boat.https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...-offset-rudder.

Thanks Jenny but first I have to find out what the stock distance from the transom to the leading edge of the rudder is?

Why? If you choose the correct hardware for a 35", forget this stock hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Why? If you choose the correct hardware for a 35", forget this stock hardware
    The boat hull is 31"1/2 long and 7"wide,
    It can not handle to much motor or prop with out torque rolling all the time.

alfa I am in the dark on this rudder and stinger setup? Should I go with a longer or shorter rudder bracket? For a motor I am thinking of the turnigy outrunner 1600k. I also want to go with the panio wire drive, what do you think?

Piano wire is for small boats, I give you the answer : 3/16" flex and drive shaft. I don't know this Turnigy motor, consider Leopard motors, 4082 1450kV is a very good choice

Quote Originally Posted by Joe007 View Post
    alfa I am in the dark on this rudder and stinger setup? Should I go with a longer or shorter rudder bracket? For a motor I am thinking of the turnigy outrunner 1600k. I also want to go with the panio wire drive, what do you think?
    Ok, Stock stinger 2"3/4 off transit, And rudder leading edge to transit is 4"1/8.
    Did you look and read the link info on motors and mounts ?
    I am running .187 flex with modded stock stinger and stock 2000kv outrunner on 4s.

Lenny thank you for the stock measurements.
    Joe

Just applied another laye of fibeglass to the inside hull. Gotta let it cure fo the next couple of days. I have to add just a little more fg to the inside nose. I am going to use a thicker piece of fg to put up in the front hull to add some weight to the nose.

I put an order for a P1 KOS hull undrilled and its canopy, 150 €uros shipping to France included. I want to use a set of outrunner motors 500 class 1700kV. One 6S battery, two Seaking 120A and two FMT 3650 1700kV motors
    Attached Images Attached Images