Thread: Problem Prince/Rocket Upgrade

Thumbs down Problem Prince/Rocket Upgrade

Hi Jan,

Firstly thanks for all the bits and pieces, very grateful to have such efficient service, and I am spreading the word amongst fellow rc crew in Oz.

I have got 2 off the upgrade kits from you for the prince/rocket, the kit is the Turnigy 3656-1800kv motor + strut, shafts better coupler etc, I have fitted to both boats and they both have same issues, they are both labouring and refuse to get up on a plane they seem to be lacking in rpm and behaving as if shaft is also slipping? I am just hoping you can spot something I should of done as part of upgrade as both boats are behaving the same. The first time this happened I removed motors and filed flat on shaft for grubscrew to locate upgrade coupler and flex shaft, tried different size 3s 11.1v lipo does perform slightly better with smaller 2200mah bat, but still no cigar.

Another symptom is the rudder control also seems underpowered, I have changed batteries in receiver handpiece, I will try again encase they were dodgy? Any way I will not prattle on as I am just guessing, will appreciate any input you can provide have tried to find answer in forums.

I have a motley crue as well so realise how that size motor should perform,

Thanking You

Colin Jewell

2200mah battery. Thats the problem. Not Kintec Racing. Why the thumbs down review? Be patient. 2200mah isn't gonna get the job done. Are you running just a single 3s battery, or 6s1p? 3s is not nearly enough voltage for 1800kv.

Thanks for reply, Not a bad review just copy of email that I sent to Kintec to try and establish If I have done someting incorrectly, The battery theory is a place to start, I am using single 3s have tried up to 4000mah. Jan was selling the boat set up with this upgrade on the site so I find it hard to believe that it would not be a proven set up? The guy obviously knows his stuff, he probably has hundreds of emails to trawl through so I was hoping some of the members on this site could help get these boats wet.

Cheers

Mah is not gonna make a difference in performance really. Cell number and discharge rate are the factors. You aren't gonna get much rpm on 3s with 1800kv no matter how high mah you're using

It prolly performed better with smaller mah pack because it's less weight than the larger packs, and would explain the difference in performance as minimal

I'm curious what you bought, because I didn't see an 1800 kv listed on his website anywhere.... Can you post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I'm curious what you bought, because I didn't see an 1800 kv listed on his website anywhere.... Can you post a link?
    They dropped the entire gold can Turnigy line last week............ I have bought quite a few in the past and really liked them for the $$.................too bad.

Here's one:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Ahhh, ok. That's a 5s motor ideally... But 3s? No wonder it doesn't move....

Upgrade on Kintec site has changed and now has 4s set up, so I do not have original, The chart I have reflects 1800kv on 3s = 19,980 this figure is not in green shaded zone 4s & 5s are so forum members may have nailed it, I have 2s batt for motley crue so I only need to make pigtails in series to try 4s? anyone got drw.

Thanks for Helping junior mem.