Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Runs - New 42" Thunder Tiger Outlaw OBL

You got lucky they did not melt and touch this time,
    5.5 bullet or you will pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Visual Perfection View Post
    I ran it at 30% and the boat ran WAY more stable. I no longer have to be constantly letting off the throttle when going over my wake or chop on the water because it is getting out of control.

The stability I'm sure is also due in part to the extra weight now too.
    Yee-haaa! We wouldnt steer you wrong buddy................I find more weight rather than less really helps certain hulls out.

If you want to run a 2s and a 3s for 5s put the 3s on the port side of the boat.

Now we need some vid again!!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    You got lucky they did not melt and touch this time,
    5.5 bullet or you will pay the price.
    Yup, I got lucky. I have 5.5mm bullets ready to go for this boat and it's batteries, just need to get a decent new soldering iron as mine won't get hot enough for these big wires and connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Yee-haaa! We wouldnt steer you wrong buddy................I find more weight rather than less really helps certain hulls out.

If you want to run a 2s and a 3s for 5s put the 3s on the port side of the boat.

Now we need some vid again!!
    I know you guys wouldn't steer me wrong. I did keep the box though. I like it and don't feel like re-mounting things when they work the way they are :)

Why put the 3s on the port side? because of Torque Roll?

I definitely plan to take some more videos, actually want to spend an afternoon where there isn't so much wind, when I am not rushed and take some of all my boats running that day. I have all my packs ready to go.

3 x 5s for my Outlaw, 2 x 4s for my Fastech, 2 x 2s for my shockwave, and one 2s for my Marlin cruiser/rescue boat. I plan to use every single pack and enjoy my afternoon haha.
    The Speeders *PB SW 26 BL *PB Formula FASTech
    The Cruiser *CBM Marlin Cruiser
    The Pool Toys *Proboat Mini-C (x2)

Awesome!
    glad you got your OBL running better...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Visual Perfection View Post
    Why put the 3s on the port side? because of Torque Roll?
    Yep

I was never against the radio box, its fine where it is...............the batts almost always go aside the motor in my opinion...................all mine do anyways.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Well more updates:

I took the boat out a few weeks ago and during the run de-soldered the 4mm connectors on the ESC..not to mention the esc was like 180* that run however the motor was still running with no temp issues what-so-ever

So I changed out the esc and batteries to 5.5mm connectors to solve issue number 1.

For issue 2 (Hot ESC) I figured I need to prop down. A Prather 215 seemed too small and it wouldn't get up on plane and if it did, it took a LONG time. I bought a S/B X442 on here and threw that on there, and holy hell the boat flew. I can't beleive the difference between the B/S x442 vs. the larger Raw prather 225 prop. I'd say with it finally adjusted and being fully stable right now going wide open, it is reaching into the low 40s for sure.

Best of all Temps dropped. I brought it in every 30-45 seconds to check it and Motor was generally around 100-105* esc got to around 120..however the caps hit about 135-140. a Seaking 180 will be what goes in when I get the money..have a baby on the way now so no more spending money on my boats for a while.

HOPEFULLY will get the boat out tonight, last night I was alone so no video, but tonight if the wind goes down a bit and I make it out I will get some.

kind of a crappy video wife took, but oh well

The boat was running stable, even though it sounds like it is bouncing, but I think partly that was due to the waves hitting from the side causing it to roll a bit. if I drove head on into the waves or with the waves it ran smooth.

temps seemed good and had no issues. Still haven't had a chance to do any tuning other than CG adjustment so plan to dial things in more when I figure that all out and am not rushed by the sun setting.

GPS showed 40mph for that run

Looks good man!
    what prop and how many cells are you running?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

running 5s 4400mah 40c with a Octura x442 Aluminum prop I picked up on here

Looks great!

I think your boat looks like it running good,
    And your boat like the 5.5 and the new nice and sharp prop.
    Your temps came down and you power came up with less amp loss.
    Esc cap temps at 140F is not bad.

If you're still using the Leo 3674 1700kv, I use the same one in my Titan 29. My timing is at 15, being its a y wind. I run 5s2p and tfl 444 prop

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    If you're still using the Leo 3674 1700kv, I use the same one in my Titan 29. My timing is at 15, being its a y wind. I run 5s2p and tfl 444 prop
    I've been running 11.5* on mine. What will the difference be? Will it run cooler, warmer, faster, or slower? So far 11.5* has done well for me, but I will definitely give 15* a try. Thanks!

Not sure if there will be much difference. I never tried any other timing for it. Curious to see what you come up with

Well went out tonight..bad night

First run out I broke my new S/B x442 prop..not sure how but needless to say I am not happy as that was money right down the crapper.

So I threw the stock prop back on and ran that for a run..I can tell it's drawing too many amps for my setup as things got hot, but hey I wanted to get a run in and it ran good and I had a few minutes of fun time.

didn't get a chance to change timing or do any tuning due to storms moving in quickly...so not a successful night but at least I got a few minutes of play time.

Looking towards the water wasn't too bad..

But the thunder and lightning moving in from behind had me packing up and leaving.

And I decided to get one of the bad weather moving in with my other toy

Is that a GTO??????????

Nice!

In the first vid it sounds like you blew your prop right at 0:12..............there's a hiccup in the motor.................then slo w e r ................

Yes that's a GTO..that is my real money pit..I keep telling myself the boats are to keep me from spending money on the car lol. and yep you can hear when the prop blew...rpm's / motors sound changed and then once I got off plane it was all over..I was bummed out as it was only my 3rd lipo ran through it with that new prop...never gonna get an aluminum prop again

Didnt know it was aluminum...............................big No NO in FE basically. Go with Octura's................you bend 'em up.........then bend 'em back!

Ya I bought it off one of the members who was selling props on here and took a chance knowing it was aluminum. Figured I needed to be careful and not "knick" anything with it, and I was, but I guess just the water itself was too much for it. Wish I wouldn't have bought it now as I really am trying not to spend any money on boats with a baby on the way and now I need another prop again.

How are the Prather Stainless props as far as strength? I am waiting to hear back on a prather 220 that I might be able to pick up...I really want another x442 as that was working perfect for me plus I can use it on my Fastech once it is up and running again.

What happened to the tfl prop?

tfl?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12