Thread: Hate my Proboat Mystic

Default Hate my Proboat Mystic

i have a leopard 4074 2200kv and running 4s and i cant keep this thing from bouncing. i have moved to batteries forward and back with no luck. i have raised to prop up and down with no luck. i wish i could pay someone to set this thing up right. it sucks to have $800 bucks in a boat (boat,motor,esc,batteries,props) and it runs like crap. i live in florida any sugestions. does someone have pics of their miss geico or mystic battery placement and strut angle?

Here is my suggestion: Put the stock gear back in it, and run it. It wasnt designed to run on that much power, and unless you are experienced with setting up boats you'll never get it right unless by accident.

i see people on you tube running the miss geico 60 plus without the bounce

Default you can't have any pudding unless you eat your meat

Quote Originally Posted by Boatlover View Post
    i have a leopard 4074 2200kv and running 4s and i cant keep this thing from bouncing. i have moved to batteries forward and back with no luck. i have raised to prop up and down with no luck. i wish i could pay someone to set this thing up right. it sucks to have $800 bucks in a boat (boat,motor,esc,batteries,props) and it runs like crap. i live in florida any sugestions. does someone have pics of their miss geico or mystic battery placement and strut angle?
    Just so you know no one on this forum is going to respond to you, here is why. 1 you are posting in the wrong area. 2 you have a negative attitude. Any body that has the set up info is now offended that you hate the very boat they love so why give you the info.

Well you haven't bothered with the drive angle yet so go ahead and start trying stuff there. Trying the batteries in 3 positions and the prop in 4 (i made these numbers up assuming you gave up without trying much) doesn't count as trying every set up. You haven't changed the caster on the rudder.

So there are 4 variables (you adjusted 2) and each of the 4 has 5 or more positions it could be in. Over 100 different combinations between the 4 components and I know you haven't tried them all because if you had you would have eventually found what works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Here is my suggestion: Put the stock gear back in it, and run it. It wasnt designed to run on that much power, and unless you are experienced with setting up boats you'll never get it right unless by accident.
    I was thinking the same thing. Gave himself too much motor, doesn't know what to do and now he is mad at the boat, typical. Stupid boat that works for everyone but me. Yep must be the boat that is stupid*!**

sorry guys i dont hate it, i love it i just hate that its not running the way i think it should. just asking for help. i just want perfection and am looking for any help.

ill keep trying, i havent tried the strut angle though. you think that might change the attitude?

I agree on the power and next, i would get some carbon fiber props. try using 4 pitch. Like you say $800 invested and would drop down on prop size. Don't move the lipos but would try going a hair on negative strut . Do take 1 step at a time. Write down on paper each change you make.

Default Take a look at you hull

I have a MG and Mystic run on 5S and sometimes 6S on stock motors but 150 and 180 amp ESC's, I have not had a problem with bounce that I have not been able to cure with battery placement or strut height, Maybe your hull has an issue. What prop are you running?

X642 and the leather 215

Where in Florida ? I might be able to help if you are close to Cape Canaveral.

I live in Tally. Is there any way to get that guys # "Tiqueman". Also slowride if your interested we can work something out if you what to PM me i can give my # and we can talk, that would be great.

I think you will take care of the bounce by adjusting strut angle..... It worked for me. Can you post some pics of the rear of your boat??? That would help.
    Miss Geico CC1515 2200kv T180 2S2S- Twin Genesis with 2 2700kv 2 T180's 4S2P- Stiletto with 2030kv T120 4S1P-DF33 4082 1600kv T180 6S2P- and lots of gassers!

Put the boat on a flat surface , loosen the strut and push it down flat to the surface its on.
    Tighten it up and scribe a line on the strut to use as a reference.
    This is a great starting position on any Cat.
    When testing slowly raise the strut keeping the line level with the bracket until you are happy with the performance.

I have had a number of Cats over the years , they all were set up this way with zero strut angle and they all performed very well.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Boatlover View Post
    Do you have some vids of it running or some pics of the side and back view of your strut? That would be helpful in others helping to solve your issues.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

I made some trim tabs to try and stop mine from bouncing. Tried everything moved batteries adjusted strut etc. w the tabs the nose status down even w big prop motor etc. also made the slot in strut bigger for better adjustment. Try some double sided tape and two thin oc of alum and stick them on the back. Bend the right one down a little more for the motor torque. It gets a little loose when slow but at speed it is smooth. You lose a lot of speed bouncing up and down. I am going to get real tabs not and put them on. I just made some to see if it would work and it made a huge diff. Good luck w it

My Mystic did the same thing. Nothing helped the bouncing. Until I tried different props. All stock Mystic with 2 5600 60C lipos and a Octura X447 prop. This thing lit up. Ck out video. I very happy now. Hope this helps.

Scott Washam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pt0pNGdwxA