Thread: Need a little help here

Default Need a little help here

OK, so did a little work on the mystic today - solder on the 5.5 bullets that I received from the forum and a new balanced flex shaft and fresh wax job. All is going well on the lake and all of a sudden she dies! I still had rudder control but no throttle.

I used the ole fishing pole trick and got it to shore. When i took the canopy off and feathered the throttle all i got out of the mmotor was a short beeping noise and it tried to turn but no go!! It was running so well before that and I was on my second set of batteries, any thoughts on this one?????? There was no water inside the compartment so I dont think the motor shorted out??
    Thanks all.
    chris

Check solder connections everywhere.

Yep, did that and they are all good and solid - it was running great and then NOTHING!
    thanks
    c

Bump

soulds like a solder joint came lose to me the usualy one are between moter and esc Id check again
    Miss Geico (now white) Leopard 4074 2200kv motor T180 esc,x642 54.6 mph
    Miss Geico 2(now black and white)4074 2000kv motor, T180 esc m445 51.2 mph
    FAT PEOPLE ARE HARD TO KIDNAP

when you soldered the 5.5 bullets to the motor did you cut off the old connectors?

If it is not an unsoldered issue, it sounds like your esc unfortunately. Are you running 4S?

CMorris,

I had a similar experience last fall with my Mystic. I love this boat BTW..
    I never was certain why my ESC burned up but I posted a message here for some input and advise and I received a lot of good suggestions to consider. Couple questions for you:
    1. Were you running the boat at half throttle or less? I have been told that this is very hard on the ESC.
    2. Do you recall seeing water coming out of the side of the hull from the cooling system while you were running your boat? If not, this would be a sign that your cooling system was clogged as no water was getting to the ESC and may have caused it over heat to the point of no return. Or, it simply could be that it was just a weak/faulty ESC
    If this boat is new to you I would highly recommend reading through the Mystic thread for a lot of valuable info. If you care to, read the thread Mystic - Blown ESC. I described my experience (and the out come ) with this thread last fall.
    Generally speaking, I'm VERY happy with all my Proboat models. In fact the ESC burning up in my Mystic last fall has been the only issue I've had. Of course parts wear out and have to be replaced but that applies to anything that gets used. Good luck and happy boating!
    They call me DOUBLE D

Well thanks to everyones help on here, I doubled checked my solder job on the 5.5 bullets and I did a crappy job! I resoldered them and all is good. Totally my screw up and now it is fixed and going to run tomorrow! I also agree I love this boat and she runs very well! Thanks again to all!!
    Chris

Don't fret, I had the same problem, too. It draws a LOT of amps and can actually melt subpar solder work. The stock connectors fall apart almost immediately, especially if propping up. Try a x642 prop for a huge performance upgrade.