Thread: WTB 22mm hobby jet ski drive

Default WTB 22mm hobby jet ski drive

WTB ABC HOBBY jet ski

Just done up a nqd jet boat for the young fella, and it's a ball. Runs nice and smooth on 3s packs all day long and great fun in the waves. Now it's time to get me one sorted so if you have one of these laying around drop me a line. Thanks Gus
    Last edited by galant2door; 03-09-2012 at 01:57 AM.

I think you mean "ABC Hobby" jet ski drive. That would be a winning combo, to be sure. But if you can't locate one, try a 28mm motor like this one from HK: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8594 with the NQD jet. You'll need to change the coupler to a 2.3mm to 3.17mm (hard to find) but will have the fastest Tear Into on the pond. You'll want a 60A esc with that setup. I'm running this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11179 2900kv outrunner on 3S air cooled (water cooled esc) and it's zippy and like yours will run all day without getting hot. PS: I've got 3 ABC jet ski's (with that 3900kv motor) - we race them here. But I won't let them go, as they are discontinued and hard to find anymore!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Thanks for the correction. I know they are hard to find, and I will keep looking mate. My boys jetboat has the same motor as your outrunner but it's a 4400kv. I am hoping to find a bigger jet unit for a bit more push and a bit more fun. Beside's that, I can't have a 5 yr old smoking his old man in a race. Oh, and thanks for letting me know you have 3 that your not willing to part with...

That blue 3900kvwill be faster (on 3S) if your son runs 2S like I suspect. It has torque out the bazoodle!
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

I just ordered one mate, thanks for the advice. No his one he bashes around on 3s as thats what come with it. I had a friend build it for him as I am still getting my head around all of this newer technology. Thanks a heap mate

You're quite welcome. Yeah, Tear Into's are a blast. I especially like the roll bar 'handle' - very handy. Here's my latest incarnation with some bling from an Arrow Wind rigger and Traxxas? pipes. Happy Jetboating!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    You're quite welcome. Yeah, Tear Into's are a blast. I especially like the roll bar 'handle' - very handy. Here's my latest incarnation with some bling from an Arrow Wind rigger and Traxxas? pipes. Happy Jetboating!
    So where did you get the pipes from Sundog?

Yes indeed, where did those pipes come from?

Default headers

My wife bought them for me for Christmas. I saw a link in the Tear Into thread on the RCU site and put it on my wish list. But now I can't find the link! I had thought they were Traxxas, but now I think they are Losi. At least these look just like them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-Header-...item5d326025ff

Gday
    If you're after just the 22mm jet drive unit.. Ive a complete one here unused..
    I replaced the NQD 22mm with a 28mm graupner & 2845/3900 on3S.woohoo.
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Hey Doc, I was under the impression that the nqd was only a 19mm jet unit. I am also looking at the graupner one as we speak. Where did you pick up the graupner unit from mate?. I am having just as much fun, if not more with these little suckers as I do with the bigger boats

maybe it is 19 ?? ran pos so upgraded same day !
    I used the NQD modified with 28pump2S2700Kv as rescue.. towing a coke buddy holding ~150mls water ... and wrapped about whatever to drag back

I think my 28 came from tower, or similar.
    W
    Last edited by drwayne; 03-10-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

The nqd stock pump is a knock off of the Graupner mini jet 19mm jet drive if fact the hold boat is ,made in ABS unlike the graupner which was glass .NQD is -20mm,, the ABC is 22mm hard to find yes ,so i purchased the KMB kehrer jet 2804 >28MM Found on ebay.nz in NZ or the german website .the pipes headers are from a losi slider found on ebay around 14 dollars ,,, i have 2 of these boats my self a mate has been running 3 of them for some years .1 of mine runs sea king 3900kv on 3s and 2s 22oomah 60 amp esc .1/8 shaft brass tube insert mods . i run cut down 32 mm props it hammers
    but is heavy , a better combo is keeping it light on 2 cell ,my other ngd jet runs a out runner 4400kv turnigy with water cooled mounting plate and 35amp turnigy esc , on 2 cell much better ,the 28mm jet is going in my 3900kv set up .
    great for fetching your boat , but were they really shine is in the fast water ,dam so much fun its crazy