Thread: Looking for a second boat?

Default Looking for a second boat?

Now that I have an MC, I'm itching to get another fast boat. Would the Spartan be a good choice just for sheer speed? I kinda want something different than a cat. I figured I'd get an unbiased answer here
    Last edited by alvinm; 03-08-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Not getting any responses means I should by a second MC? lol

Just give it some time. The main discussion thread does work better. 2nd boat. You know, Steve sells a RTR pursuit boat for a fair price and this would be a solid performer with good top end speed. Much better boat to have over the long run than a Spartan(although it looks cooler). You can find it as a sticky at the top of the "boats for sale thread". I will tell you if you are looking for speed at a lower cost look at a hydro or a rigger. I have had them all, and you would be surprised how much energy it takes to push a mono hull through the water compared to almost any other hull design. Not trying to talk you out of it because I like mono's, just noting it.

If you are looking for RTR's you could get a UL-1(Aquacraft). The boats are really fast for a low price point out of the box. The hull is a bit thin, if you hit something it will crunch, but they are a blast to drive and very fast. If you are looking beyond a RTR then consider an Insane Hydro. www.insaneboats.com (FE30) They are much better at high speed over 60mph and a rock solid hull.

If you can get you hands on a JAE Rigger that is built those things are a blast. Very fast and very stable. Takes very little power to make them go very fast.

I am just getting started racing (2nd race comming up in a few weeks). Here is what I am running.
    P-Mono Insane 34" Neu 1521 motor. (You have to ask for this hull, because for some reason Insane does not advertise it. Nice hull
    P-Limited Sport Hydro UL-1 Motor Phil Thomas Sport hydro (bought it used.)
    p-Hydro Insane FE 30. Neu 1515 motor.

Lot's to pick from out there...
    Last edited by electric; 03-10-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Easier to ask.
    How fast do you want to spend? And how big a boat do you want?
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

I don't like the spartan because it's plastic. A ul1 is a great boat....I still rum mine. Stock with and upgraded prop you can get 50mph!

Don't want to go over $500, but if I can get something nice, I'd be willing to spend a little more. Are any of the Proboats any good? I'd like a 50mph steady and durable boat (dosen't have to be a tank).

Check out a proboat Stiletto, its a different and cool little boat.

I built this one for under $450.................goes 60.

Here's the hull - http://www.ebay.com/itm/130238193411...84.m1438.l2649
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

That is a cool looking boat and some good pics. Is that your house in the back ground?? That is my kinda set up...

+1 on build your own, with some careful shopping you can build a very nice, good quality boat for 500$, faster and more reliable than the rtr offerings. Plus it's really your boat.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

I'll build you an rc plane, car or truck, but I have zero knowledge on boats aside from the basics. Is there some build right-ups anywhere for that Ebay boat?

Dood you can go thru this forum and find tons of builds detailed on how to do it. Search feature bro. For the most part, you don't need to look at a build for that specific hull, look for build on the same hull type....you should be able to gather the information and apply it to your build. Df hulls are inexpensive and fast...

alvin..................here is the entire build of my 39" ebay boat......................in depth, and step by step.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...tle-1717-build.

and a vid

NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Nice boat

I know all about the search featue, but its more enjoyable, to me at least, getting to know everyone and get their perspective.. That vid has got me pumped to build one..Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by alvinm View Post
    I know all about the search featue, but its more enjoyable, to me at least, getting to know everyone and get their perspective.. That vid has got me pumped to build one..Thanks!
    I hear ya man, just thought you could take a look at whats involved, then you can start your own thread. You'll get plenty of input

Building is waaaaay more fun. You get to design your interior layout, choose your own hardware/drive/prop, plus your cell count and motor. Its a several week process of "engineering" that gives you great sense of accomplishment.............especially when it runs well!!!