Thread: Turnigy nano tech problem

Default Turnigy nano tech problem

Hey guys. Question for ya

Juat bought four 5300mah 7.4v 50-100c turnigy lipos. Three of them work very well, but I can't get the last to balance properly. One cell will stay at 4.20 and the other at 4.15 or 4.16. It won't fully charge to 4.20.

I'm using a triton charger. When I charge it, the charge cycle never ends...it'll spend hours trying to balance it until the chargers time limiter kicks in shutting it off (still unbalanced).

I'm trying to return it and exchange it for another one. The guy that sold them(eBay) claims that its normal. He insists that they are fine and that it will work. I'm not really buying that. The battery won't fully charge, right?

Anyways, he said he'll take it back if I truly believe that it's defective.

Am I overreacting? Or should I get a different one?

Thanks.

Change your charger setting and turn off your time limiter, balance again. Sometimes one cell just needs a little more time....
    Take your lipos to the pond for couple of runs and balance charge them from the buttom again. I am sure it will be back to proper level.
    Besides, that much of an diference should not be alarming.
    I had one before doing this to me but after few runs works perfect.
    Robert
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Discharge 'em and see how many mAh go back in when you charge them back up. If you're getting pretty close to 5300 mAh, they're @ stated capacity and I don't think you need to worry.

I have a pair of 5k mAh 3S nano-techs that I checked that way after noticing a similar issue. I balance charge them and one cell is usually a little different... even after a half-dozen runs all the way down to empty. But they work good, so I just shrug and keep running 'em.

turn off your time limiter
    Do that too.

I have had my share of same issue with Flightmax or Turnigy batteries. You need to cycle the batteries a few times. It most likely will start getting fully charged but the chances are those lipos will not last as long.

I know you want it right, but you are talking about 4 or 5 one-hundedths of a volt here. Run them down til LVC then balance charge them. One Turnigy 6s I have was WAAAAY out of balance, like a half a volt between the cells, I finally cut off the balance lead after futile balancing and charged the low ones as a 1s and got em up even then re-attatched the lead, had to do something and now it stays real close. Keep in mind though that mine were pretty far off.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
    Discharge 'em and see how many mAh go back in when you charge them back up. If you're getting pretty close to 5300 mAh, they're @ stated capacity and I don't think you need to worry.

I have a pair of 5k mAh 3S nano-techs that I checked that way after noticing a similar issue. I balance charge them and one cell is usually a little different... even after a half-dozen runs all the way down to empty. But they work good, so I just shrug and keep running 'em.

Do that too.
    You will end up pooching the battery if you do that - A 5300 mah battery will probably only safely give you 3/4 of its capacity , beyond that you will bring the battery down to dangerous levels and even 3/4 is pushing it .
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000