Thread: IMPBA D12 Winter Meeting

Default 2012 IMPBA D12 Winter Meeting

Hey folks. Here is what's been going on in D12 over the last few weeks. We didn't have our normal winter meeting this year. Instead, the club officers presented proposals and exchanged ideas via email and phone over the last few weeks. There is still a few unresolved issues in the gas classes but that should be wrapped up in a day or two. Most issues involving FE's have been finalized. The theme again this year with the crappy economy had been giving as many people as possible a place to race while at the same time, trimming the number of classes being run. We want everyone racing with full heats This has benefited the FE racers more than any other group. So here is what's going on so far.

Due to the lousy economy, we've decided to suspend the Championship Points Series for a year. This will help out the clubs financially and promote a more relaxed fun atmosphere.

To lessen confusion we are changing the term P-Spec to P-Limited.

We considered loosening up the ESC rules a bit on the Limited classes but decided to hold off a year. We will be working with neighboring districts to come up with a consistent set of rules to appease the many Limited races that already run the spec controllers.

In addition to the combined FE/Nitro classes we currently have, we are now going to run combined classes in 1/8th scale and Sport 40/Q Sport Hydro. The speed parity rule will be in effect for these two classes.

We will be combining Open FE and Open Nitro classes in both Mono and Hydro. There will be no speed parity rule in any of the open classes and we removed the 8S limit on the Open classes. So anyone who thinks they can beat up on the nitro guys without having your hands tied behind your back, go for it.

The Old Dominion Club has still not lost hope on the Chesapeake Pond. They are still working on getting it back while at the same time trying to secure a second pond.

FE eligible classes in D12 this year.
    B / P Mono
    B / P-Limited Hydro
    B / P-Limited Tunnel
    Open Tunnel (6S Max)
    Open FE / Nitro Mono
    Open FE / Nitro Hydro
    Sport 40 / Q-Sport Hydro
    Nitro/FE 1/8th Scale
    Open Offshore

D12 Race Dates-
    April 20-22 - Model Boaters of Baltimore, Greenbrier State Park. Hagerstown, MD
    May 11-13 - Piedmont Triad Prop Twisters "Carolina Showdown", Greensboro, NC
    June 8-10 - Capitol RC Model Boat Club, Centreville, VA
    August 24-26 (reserved for the Old Dominion Model Boat Club should they secure a pond and choose to host a race)
    September - 21-23- Delmarva Model Boat Club, Queenstown, MD

Other D12 Race dates-
    April 25-29 - Record Trials SAW's, Elizabeth City, NC
    July 27-29 - Delmarva Gas Clash, Queenstown MD

D12 Fun Run
    October 6-7 - Baltimore Fun Run, Greenbrier State Park. Hagerstown, MD

Thats it for now folks. In a little over three years we have gone from zero FE classes in D12 to nine. We couldnt of done without the help of Don Ferrette our District Director, and the suport of Dick Loeb (Presdent of ODMBA), Carl Cisneros (Capitol RC VP) and of course Doug Smock in D13 (who will hopefully get off my ass now that I changed P-Spec to P-Limited) I know the economy sucks but I hope we can get all of you to travel to at least one race outside your area.

I'll be editing the combined FE/Nitro class rules within the next week or so. They rules are located in the IMPBA web site in the District 12 section of the forum.
    (Rules have been edited and are posted)
    Last edited by Chilli; 03-05-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks for the info Mike. I look forward to racing this year!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

"P-Limited" I like the sound of that!!

Awesome Mike!! Keep up the good work fellas!!

Smock
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thanks for update Mr. Chirillo!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Thanks guys. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Here is the final base class lineup for 2012. Since there is no points series this year, the clubs do have some class flexibility. The holdup with the gas classes had to do with accommodating the few gas riggers that want to run in the district. Clubs have been asked to add a Gas Hydro class if any gas riggers register for a race.

All D12 Class for 2012
    B / P Mono
    Open Nitro / FE Mono
    B / P-Limited Hydro
    Open Nitro / FE Hydro
    B Sport Tunnel
    B / P-Limited o/b Tunnel
    Open o/b Tunnel (6S Max on FE's)
    Sport 40 / Q Sport Hydro
    1/8th Scale Nitro / 1/8th Scale FE
    Thunderboat
    Gas Mono
    Gas Cat
    Gas Sport Hydro
    Open Offshore
    D12 Stock Gas
    Novice
    RTR

First race is in a month and a half in Hagerstown, MD. The following weekend is SAW's in Elizabeth City. Let's get some boats ready!!

I'll post the Hagerstown Race Flyer as soon as it is available. For any early birds going to Greensboro district race in May, you can register for the "Carolina Showdown" online now at www.rcracingevents.com.

If anyone wants to attend SAW's Contact Kentley Porter to register. The contract info is on the IMPBA web site located on page 47 of the December 2011 Roostertail newsletter.
    Last edited by Chilli; 03-04-2012 at 10:23 PM.

thanks mike I'm glad someone else is clearing the emails up for me lol see u at the races

Lots of emails flying this weekend Mike. I may have spoken too soon on the final lineup for the gas classes. I thought it was a done deal but apparantly Don is still waiting on votes to come in. I'll correct the post above if needed when we get final word on a Gas Hydro class for the riggers.

Ya well this D-12 u know lol that's fine I will roll with what ever they come up with lol only god knows what or how that will be lol

Okay, All district business is complete. The classes lineup above is correct. We have a few gas riggers that were looking for a class to join up with. There are so few in the district that it's hard for them to make the minimum boat count. Host Clubs have been asked to run a Gas Hydro class so that the riggers have a place to run.