Thread: Hitec Sea Nymph

Default Hitec Sea Nymph

Here is a few pics of my Hitec Sea Nymph that I have had for over 20 years. I got this boat in nov. of 1992 and used it for a while then put it away (I was just a kid) now 20 years later I brought it back to life. Has anyone heard of them?

Needs to have all the old bad decals and everything stripped and be painted.

I just scored a traxxas Velineon 3500 system for a great price so I installed that into the boat and I am going to try it out tomarrow.

Just got everything installed and got the weight balanced out pretty good. I am going to run it on a single Nimh bat first to see how everything goes. Hopefully I will be trying it out tomorrow in the pond.

I am having problems finding a prop that fits the shaft properly as well as the nut. I am thinking I may have to upgrade the tube and shaft to something more current to get the right kind of prop installed. Right now it has a 1.6X2.5 composite pro boat prop on it right now.

It's not much but I figured I would have fun tinkering with this for a couple of months and learn as much as I can until I get a nice setup.

If this is the wrong place for this thread I am sorry!

Hehe I remember them boats.

Well we ran the boat yesterday and found out real quick a Nimh bat is not going to be able to keep up with the power demands of this setup. Luckily I pulled her in before it burned the hull but the battery is toast. Going to move to a good lipo now for the next time out the speed controller can handle up to 3S and something more the 20c's....... what do you guys think would be a good battery for this application? I just wanted to test it out on that battery since I figured it it couldn't handle the speed with only one NI battery then I wasn't going to mess with more power. It was actually surprisingly stable and turned awesome. Motor and ESC was nice and cool only slightly warmed up after about 4-5 minutes of running it hard.

Just a quick observation...you don't need a reciever battery with that speed control.

I know I was actually just running the battery receiver pack with it so that it has some more ballast. I figured it if I have it in their for ballast I might as well have it connected. Im thinking a lipo is going to be heavier yet though so I am going to have to figure something else out.

Do you still have this boat and do you have any pictures of the rudder system?

This thread is over nine years old, the OP hasn’t been back to the forum in 8 years so he won’t see your question.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Uuuuuuhhhhhhh… zombie thread!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet