Thread: Lehner geico build

Default Lehner geico build

I just couldn't not post this. Some of you have a thing for geicos so here goes.....

The guy I sold my original Rivercat to had this idea to build a nice geico similar to my Rivercat build. No problem. So I reinforced the crap out of this thing and flooded the sponson bottoms with epoxy and chopped carbon. Tips, tunnel and transom too. Then I did carbon strips down the whole seams of the boat. Then a nice honey comb inlay. After I was done I got nervous at the weight of the boat. I was scared it wasn't going to perform well. Here's the layout

Lehner 1940 18xxkv with fan
    Savox lo profile servo
    Seaking 180
    Mbp collet
    .187 flex for reliability
    Carbon motor mount
    Billet servo mount
    Stock hardware
    Abc 1615 prop (41mm)

Inlay

Here's the layout

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I got to go run this puppy this past weekend. I was pretty impressed on it first run. Thinking it would be to heavy I wasn't expecting much. I was wrong. This thing drove awesome and I know the prop height was too low (bottom of strut even with bottom of sponsons). Boy it proved me wrong. It's no speed demon, it's intended to handle well and I was looking for 45-50 on 4s. Well it did that easily and in windy choppy conditions.

Here's the maiden video. She's definitely got more in her

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

How much epoxy did you end up putting in the tips? I just did my buddies and put 1 oz in each tip, also I noticed it kind of divited the tips slightly was this from heat? I probably shouldve done the bucket of cool water thing

20 grams each tip. Yes put in water bucket. Epoxy gets super hot. I put this one in water but it still distorted a little bit.

When I get brave enough I'll run it on 6s like I built it for. Should do over 70

Cant wait to see the 6s vid my buddy jkandler85 will be waiting anxiously to lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    Cant wait to see the 6s vid my buddy jkandler85 will be waiting anxiously to lol
    I may only run it on 5s. I don't like running my customers boats on the edge. Lots of $$ if I sink it. Lol

Lmao ya that is a good point!!

How long are those lipo trays?

Bout 11"

Awseme thanks