Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Information on Haiyin Batteries

Default Enter haiyin coupon code

To use the HAIYIN 10% Coupon Code "ALLWHRCG10"

- Go to www.HaiyinStore.com
    - Create an Account ( Sign Up ). Make sure to include correct Ship To Address for correct real time shipping prices
    - Browse the site, add packs to your cart
    - Proceed to checkout and "click" red "Add a Coupon" and a field will appear
    - Enter: ALLWHRCG10 in the field and click anywhere on the page, your discount will appear
    - Ensure that "All Izz Well" with your order, then Checkout

Any probs, we are standing by.

Thanks for trying our packs.

Thanks for jumping into this thread. Very nice to see a manufacturer on the forums!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I've just ordered x4 packs so looking forward to testing them out

I ordered a couple of packs a couple of weeks ago to try out. A 4s 40C 5,000mah pack, & a 6s 40C 5,000mah pack. My order is here & one thing about the 6s pack surprised me.
    It seems to be made up of 2 x 3s packs. There are 4 power leads, (8 gauge) two long & two short, & two balance tap leads & plugs. The balance plugs also have a series adaptor plug to make it 6s.
    It requires the short -ve & +ve leads to be plugged together to give 6s on the two longer leads. A bit different. But I can live with it. Although another resistance joint in the circuit isn't the best.
    There is the added bonus I guess , that by paralleling the leads with an adaptor, the pack could be run as a 3s 40C 10,000mah pack.
    The Balance taps vary between the packs too.
    On the 4s pack it is an HXT type , but on the 6s pack the plugs are the type Poly R/C use. Strange.
    I trust the Haiyin representative will enlighten us?
    I won't get to try them until the weekend, but I'm looking forward to it.
    I must say that in each pack the cells were within .004v upon arrival at around 3.865V/cell.
    Here's a couple of pics.
    Cheers.
    Paul.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine arrived today, only ordered friday and came from the EU warehouse to the UK. All packs seems in great shape and cells were all balanced nicely, just finished charging and all seem A'OK will see what they perform like out on the water.

ordered a pair of the 2s 5000's to try out will report....

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    I ordered a couple of packs a couple of weeks ago to try out. A 4s 40C 5,000mah pack, & a 6s 40C 5,000mah pack. My order is here & one thing about the 6s pack surprised me.It seems to be made up of 2 x 3s packs. There are 4 power leads, (8 gauge) two long & two short, & two balance tap leads & plugs. The balance plugs also have a series adaptor plug to make it 6s.It requires the short -ve & +ve leads to be plugged together to give 6s on the two longer leads. A bit different. But I can live with it. Although another resistance joint in the circuit isn't the best.There is the added bonus I guess , that by paralleling the leads with an adaptor, the pack could be run as a 3s 40C 10,000mah pack.The Balance taps vary between the packs too. On the 4s pack it is an HXT type , but on the 6s pack the plugs are the type Poly R/C use. Strange.I trust the Haiyin representative will enlighten us?I won't get to try them until the weekend, but I'm looking forward to it.I must say that in each pack the cells were within .004v upon arrival at around 3.865V/cell. Here's a couple of pics.Cheers.Paul.
    785boats or Matt do you have any news on testing the packs out and I spo with mark f the othe day about getting some packs from him and they sound like great packs can't wait to try them out he seems like a great guy as well mark I will call you sometime this upcoming week

I may try out a Haiyin 40c 5000mah 4s pack along with a Turnigy 40c 5000mah 4s pack and run them back to back in my P-Mono DF33
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I may try out a Haiyin 40c 5000mah 4s pack along with a Turnigy 40c 5000mah 4s pack and run them back to back in my P-Mono DF33
    That would be a good test. I'd really like to put the a eagletree on these Haiyin and dinogy batts. See how they compare to my Gens Ace packs!

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    That would be a good test. I'd really like to put the a eagletree on these Haiyin and dinogy batts. See how they compare to my Gens Ace packs!

Hey Diesel You got any way to check the resistance of the Gens Ace packs? It would be of interest to me.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

Quote Originally Posted by Drax21 View Post
    Hey Diesel You got any way to check the resistance of the Gens Ace packs? It would be of interest to me.
    I imagine I could use a Fluke meter and check the resistance of the whole circuit/pack correct?

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    I imagine I could use a Fluke meter and check the resistance of the whole circuit/pack correct?

Yeah that should work
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

Chris.
    Before I ran them I took them down to 3.0V/ cell under a 1 amp load which left 1
    around 2% capacity. After charging back up at 1C the 4s pack took on 5,180mah & the 6s pack took on 5,260mah. I'm afraid I don't have an internal resistance metre so I can't help with that.
    I've only given each pack one run under a light load yesterday & only down to about 40% capacity left. I try to do that for a few runs with new packs before driving them hard. The packs came out of the boat still well balanced & charged up perfectly balanced. That's all the testing I've managed so far. I'll let you know tonight on today's adventure.
    I'll get another couple of runs through each pack today as it's the first controlled test day at the Aussie Nationals today. A few of us from our electric club (Pine Rivers) set up camp yesterday afternoon & got a few runs in with the gas & nitro guys.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Chris.
    Before I ran them I took them down to 3.0V/ cell under a 1 amp load which left 1
    around 2% capacity. After charging back up at 1C the 4s pack took on 5,180mah & the 6s pack took on 5,260mah.
    I'm afraid I don't have an internal resistance metre so I can't help with that.
    I've only given each pack one run under a light load yesterday & only down to about 40% capacity left. I try to do that for a few runs with new packs before driving them hard. The packs came out of the boat still well balanced & charged up perfectly balanced. That's all the testing I've managed so far. I'll let you know tonight on today's adventure.
    I'll get another couple of runs through each pack today as it's the first controlled test day at the Aussie Nationals today. A few of us from our electric club (Pine Rivers) set up camp yesterday afternoon & got a few runs in with the gas & nitro guys.
    Cheers.
    Paul.
    Now I know we see all over the WWW about the 20% rule
    do you think its ok to take them down that far even on 1amp
    and do you think this helps to break them in better?
    thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hi Brushless.
    You will get a lot of different answers on that one. The only reason I take a new pack down to 3.0V/cell, which usually gives you close to zero percent capacity, is to see how much capacity the cells actually have when they are recharged. Done again in 50 or so cycles you can see how much loss of capacity the cells have.
    If there is another way to find the true capacity of a pack I'd like to hear about it. Done under a light load is no problem as far as I'm concerned. Again, others will have different opinions. As to helping to break in a pack? That's not the reason I do it. Cycling a pack at half it's discharge current rating, & only down to 50% capacity, & charging at 1C about 5 times is a good way to season a pack.

I ran both packs again today & both performed well. I only have Zippy Flightmax packs to compare them to. I don't have any fancy data logger stuff so all I can say is that they came in a bit cooler & were solid & held their shape.
    I've got 5 races in the one boat tomorrow at the Nationals & I'll write down some numbers (temps, volts, capacity remaining) of the 5 different packs. 1 Haiyin 4s 40C & 4 Zippys 4s 45C. Bear in mind though that the Zippys have already been raced for a season & the Haiyin pack has only had 3 runs.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

Haiyin,

do you also manufacture the Turnigy brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless1 View Post
    Haiyin,

do you also manufacture the Turnigy brand?
    We may never know bro.
    if it were me, I would not tell or admit it..
    I could sell to HK and to the public at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    We may never know bro.
    if it were me, I would not tell or admit it..
    I could sell to HK and to the public at the same time...
    It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to get around exclusitivities...change the name on the wrapping!

I wish HK would start selling Gens packs under any label they wish :) It's a pain to get Gens Ace packs....
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by norbique View Post
    I wish HK would start selling Gens packs under any label they wish :) It's a pain to get Gens Ace packs....
    With all the good reports, I want to try some Gens in my P-Spec..

I was excited to get down to the lake yesterday to trymy new packs only to find I'd forgotten to put Velcro on the packs and had nothing on me to secure the packs in place! Idiot! So just ended up running my zippy and Turnigy packs instead

Better luck next time!

Resurrecting a dormant thread here...

Has anyone got results to report on these Haiyin packs?

One significant item about them for us Canadian buyers is that they offer shipping to Canada through US Postal (in addition to UPS). Anyone up here that has had to deal with stuff crossing the border (and getting nailed with UPS' customs brokerage charges) knows it can get prohibitively expensive FAST.

Hobby King has cheap packs, but they only ship UPS from their US warehouse, so we're stuck ordering from Hong Kong.

Long story short, I could get 4 packs shipped (with the coupon code - which still works by the way) for less than $130 which is by FAR the cheapest per pack cost for 5000mah 40c 2S packs I've ever found this side of the border.

Their USPS shipping charges are reasonable as you go up in quantity too. I can get 8 packs from the Haiyin US warehouse for less than it costs to ship 4 packs from HK to Canada.

I'm willing to bet the shipping will be faster too.

I'm just sport running here and don't really need race quality packs, so if these turn out to be as good as the Turnigys, I'll have a new battery supplier from here on out.

I have some Turnigy 30c 5000mah packs and they are the same exact dimensions and same wires as my Haiyin 40c 5000mah packs
    will be testing them soon
    my be, they are the same..

I have been running two sets of Haiyins now for about 8 cycles and they are balanced and working fine. Good sport packs.
    Last edited by electric; 06-07-2012 at 01:55 PM.

The Haiyin packs I have are staying solid through a bunch of cycles. They don't seem to puff up like the danged Turnigy's, etc. from HK! NO MORE HK packs for me! regardless of how cheap they may be. I have had to destroy more Turnigy packs than anything else which makes their cost quite high in the long run. In my opinion, Haiyin is doing a great job!

I frequently hear bad comments about Haiyin's low published charge rates. I think Haiyin is just being HONEST about the recommended rate....unlike other companies that just tell little fibs to get you to buy their packs! I'll go for honesty any day!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Great points! UPS and FEDEX rip off you Canadians like crazy. UPS tried pulling a fast one on us several years ago claiming they had to PAY CUSTOMS to inspect their shipment ($25) and wanted us to pay it. We told them that was totally B.S. and to pound sand....we weren't paying it. They never bothered us with it again. We will NOT use UPS for ANYTHING! They are notorious for being able to break anything they touch and then not honoring the insurance. Can you tell we hate UPS? Haha. Fedex has never tried to pull the $25 gag and has been an excellent choice for shipping larger items inside the U.S. Not sure about Canadian shipments though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger9D9 View Post
    Resurrecting a dormant thread here...

Has anyone got results to report on these Haiyin packs?

One significant item about them for us Canadian buyers is that they offer shipping to Canada through US Postal (in addition to UPS). Anyone up here that has had to deal with stuff crossing the border (and getting nailed with UPS' customs brokerage charges) knows it can get prohibitively expensive FAST.

Hobby King has cheap packs, but they only ship UPS from their US warehouse, so we're stuck ordering from Hong Kong.

Long story short, I could get 4 packs shipped (with the coupon code - which still works by the way) for less than $130 which is by FAR the cheapest per pack cost for 5000mah 40c 2S packs I've ever found this side of the border.

Their USPS shipping charges are reasonable as you go up in quantity too. I can get 8 packs from the Haiyin US warehouse for less than it costs to ship 4 packs from HK to Canada.

I'm willing to bet the shipping will be faster too.

I'm just sport running here and don't really need race quality packs, so if these turn out to be as good as the Turnigys, I'll have a new battery supplier from here on out.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I've bought 4 5000mah 40c 4S and 2 5000mah 40c 2s. I bought them in March and they've been doing very well and balancing. The first set of 4S I recieved I thought there was an issue with one of the pack after charging because the cells weren't balancing. I immediately took pics and sent to Eric at Haiyon. I was told by Eric that this was a first for him and had not had the issue to date. Without hesitation
    he said he was shipping another out immediately pre-paid on Tuesday so I would have in time for the upcoming races in Carrolton TX
    that Saturday. He had asked if I would cycle it down a few times and let him know the results. I did and the battery is balanced now.
    Eric also gave me a 20% discount on my next purchase. He did all of this copying his superiors in china as well as the warehouse Mgr. in the states from his smartphone while working at a trade show in China.I did use the coupon and bought another set. I feel kinda ignorant
    about the charging thing but whats new!? Anyway, the service from Eric was beyond expectations! I still need to buy 1 4S 5000mah to run in parallel with the one I thought was bad.

Wait a minute. I specifically asked for USPS shipping on my order, and I just got a confirmation (and tracking number) saying the package was shipped using UPS.

Not happy right now.

I am going to have to straighten this out. And fast!

Oh, this is starting to suck fast.

My receipt says I asked for UPS Standard shipping, and now, when I go to the site a put a couple packs in my shopping basket, the USPS Priority Mail option is GONE. It WAS there last night.

Well...there goes the pricing advantage. I'll be getting nailed with at least a $40 fee just to receive the d@mn things. I don't care about paying duty - that's fair, and I never argue with that, but the BS brokerage fees UPS charges are a rip.

That's the last order I make on that website. I don't appreciate them pulling a fast one on me like that.

These websites need to realize how bad the couriers nail us up here in the great white north. Why is it so bloody difficult to ship through the post office??????

Ok, this should be the last time I reply to myself about this...I heard back from Haiyin (quite quickly I might add), that US Postal decided to stop shipping lipos internationally in May.

All lipo companies (and most likely all hobby retailers) got affected by this.

Their website must have still had a glitch (allowing US Postal) when I ordered.

For their part, Haiyin has been good about it, even offering me a discount on this already placed order. Since this isn't really their fault, I'm not going to ask for that discount.

I guess we Canadians just have to accept the fact that even "cheap" packs wind up being between $45 and $50 each landed from now on no matter where they come from.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast