Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Information on Haiyin Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way and your right. I wont post anymore in this thread.

Mark
    Mark, post the link to your new thread here. It's not that I'm not interested in your packs but you kinda led us off track regarding the Haiyin packs. Fair nuf?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim, Listen up . To begin with, Diesel started this thread. He's a really helpfull good guy, and he " just decided to Google some information on them.." He is rightfully and good naturedly informing us about some batteries " (whose) name becoming more and more popular". It seems pretty clear that his intention is just to share battery information, period, to allow a possible new choice in what appears to be a good product. If He's offended by other people, and specifically me joining in and sharing similar information, I'll apologize to HIM.

Along comes Mark's Performance RC Lipos. Mark has been doing RC boats as a racer and National Record Setter for twenty years. He spends more time and money advancing cutting edge FE than just about anyone I know. He's also one of the only racers I know who'll share ANY of his exact setups anytime anyone needs his help. He's "one of us", not a Chinese company with far-flung vendors. Mark is marketing product which has now been used right here in the USA to set several FE records and heat racing wins, not some car drag racing wins one reads about.

You're the first one to wave the "Support U.S. Companies" flag. Mark's company is just such a company and he has taken a substantial financial risk bringing in the Dinogys, and even if YOU want to call mentioning his battery in this thread "hijacking" and "rude", I'll stand behind bringing his product into the thread as a supplement to Diesel's intent to introduce information for the common good of the FE community.

As far as you "knowing that I'm PUSHING these batteries for Mark", you really don't know what the ---- you're talking about. And am I biased. Yup, set my latest P-Ltd Offshore Record with them. Won the WWVIII JS class with them, watched Mark and Boyd set SAW records with them, and observed the owner of the T-Offshore "money is no object" HPR boat buy a bunch of them after watching them perform at the SAWs.

I hope you'll rethink your position on this. Right now it s----. This is public, open forum for the exchange of ideas and information. Your anti-hijack censorship thinking is inappropriate and doesn't allow free exchange for our combined benefit. I have more to say but I won't. You should do the same.
    Last edited by properchopper; 04-10-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Another interesting thread turning to hell...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Jim, Listen up . To begin with, Diesel started this thread. He's a really helpfull good guy, and he " just decided to Google some information on them.." He is rightfully and good naturedly informing us about some batteries " (whose) name becoming more and more popular". It seems pretty clear that his intention is just to share battery information, period, to allow a possible new choice in what appears to be a good product. If He's offended by other people, and specifically me joining in and sharing similar information, I'll apologize to HIM.

Along comes Mark's Performance RC Lipos. Mark has been doing RC boats as a racer and National Record Setter for twenty years. He spends more time and money advancing cutting edge FE than just about anyone I know. He's also one of the only racers I know who'll share ANY of his exact setups anytime anyone needs his help. He's "one of us", not a Chinese company with far-flung vendors. Mark is marketing product which has now been used right here in the USA to set several FE records and heat racing wins, not some car drag racing wins one reads about.

You're the first one to wave the "Support U.S. Companies" flag. Mark's company is just such a company and he has taken a substantial financial risk bringing in the Dinogys, and even if YOU want to call mentioning his battery in this thread "hijacking" and "rude", I'll stand behind bringing his product into the thread as a supplement to Diesel's intent to introduce information for the common good of the FE community.

As far as you "knowing that I'm PUSHING these batteries for Mark", you really don't know what the ---- you're talking about. And am I biased. Yup, set my latest P-Ltd Offshore Record with them. Won the WWVIII JS class with them, watched Mark and Boyd set SAW records with them, and observed the owner of the T-Offshore "money is no object" HPR boat buy a bunch of them after watching them perform at the SAWs.

I hope you'll rethink your position on this. Right now it s----. This is public, open forum for the exchange of ideas and information. Your anti-hijack censorship thinking is inappropriate and doesn't allow free exchange for our combined benefit. I have more to say but I won't. You should do the same.
    I'm interested in these packs Tony!
    please link me I wana see how much some 4s 5000mah packs are
    I just had my first ever race at NAMBA20 like a week and a half ago and now I'm hooked!
    and I need an edge
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I'm interested in these packs Tony!
    please link me I wana see how much some 4s 5000mah packs are
    I just had my first ever race at NAMBA20 like a week and a half ago and now I'm hooked!
    and I need an edge
    Todd, Glad to see you getting hooked (Hide the children, it's all over now). I'll pm the link. Just need to "push" one more sale for Mark to get that sales-bonus set of steak knives I've been dreaming about
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Exclamation

Todd, Glad to see you getting hooked (Hide the children, it's all over now). I'll pm the link. Just need to "push" one more sale for Mark to get that sales-bonus set of steak knives I've been dreaming about
    I've been trying to save some cash to fix my BMW cuz work has been up and down, but what the heck!
    if these kick A$$ like what I read then
    I'm racing P-Spec with Tylers DF33 he sold me that he set some records with last year and I love that boat.. and they are talking about a P-Mono class now
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

The name of this thread is "Information on Haiyin Batteries", not whatever battery you want to talk about. I stand by my position. Start a thread called "information on Dinogy batteries". I will happily join in but for now, we've lost all the people truly interested in the Haiyins because the thread has been HIJACKED. I stand by my convictions on this.

I have no doubt Mark is a great guy and a great boat racer and his batteries have set a gazillion world records. That's great! Just get 'em in their own thread where they can get some REAL exposure!

That's it. I'm not going to respond to any further comments. You guys just have a ball whatever you wish to do.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I don't think the addition of another battery brand will chase people away from the thread. I know I have my eyes on it as I need to buy batteries for my new project and just can't afford the hyperions and really don't want to buy from Hobby King

Jim
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I found the thread rather thought provoking and I know I will be trying at least one pack to see if I get more on water speed than my Turnigy nano's give because that is what counts with me.
    Last edited by Xzessperated; 04-11-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    I know I have my eyes on it as I need to buy batteries for my new project and just can't afford the hyperions and really don't want to buy from Hobby King

Jim
    Me too but i see they are same lipos as turnigys(cable-dimensions-weight)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    I found the thread rather thought provoking and I know I will be trying at least one pack to see if I get more on water speed than my Turnigy nano's give because that is what counts with me.
    I agree..
    And another pack that I have an eye on is the Giant packs, I think they are the same as the Dinogy packs?

The giant packs are the same. I had my choice which one I wanted to sell and just like the look of the dinogy pack better.
    Guys, I'm sure the Haiyin packs are perfectly fine for the money they charge. I personally think its great to have batteries available to people on a really tight budget. At least it allows more people to be able to play with there toys.
    It will be at least two more weeks or so before I even have any to sell but I will let everyone know when I do.
    Thanks for looking.
    performancerclipos.com

Mark

If Haiyin is making the turnigy packs, that doesn't truley mean they are that bad. Its possible that HK is streching the C limits i.e buying 20c packs and selling them 30c and so on. Not sure if that's what really is happening, but I do believe from testing that the C rating on HK packs (especially the nanos, my 25c packs act like 15c packs) is far fetched. Just my 2 cents....

I wouldn't mind trying the Dinogy packs down the road.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I see that Haiyin is the maker Tunigys only not nanos (btw nanos are crap for me) but i never heard anything obout Turnigys.
    I also want to try the Dinogys.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I see that Haiyin is the maker Tunigys only not nanos (btw nanos are crap for me) but i never heard anything obout Turnigys.
    I've had good success with my reg Turnigys, the Gens Ace packs performed better but the plan ole Turnigys I've had for years are holding on strong! The nano's are pure junk. My point remains the same though that HK could be stretching the C rating out. Who knows
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Where do you see this info? Also just because a company makes cells for another company doesn't meant hey are the same quality as the Haiyan's

Billy Graham

Where do you see this info? Also just because a company makes cells for another company doesn't meant hey are the same quality as the Haiyan's
    My infos are comparison among the two brands.
    Same specs-size-cables-connectors-weight.My point is they are the same they last in time but aren't hight performance.

I think your assumption is bogus unless you have opened them up and see similar coding on the cells or some sort of manufacturer label inside all you have is an assumption.

Jim
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    The giant packs are the same. I had my choice which one I wanted to sell and just like the look of the dinogy pack better.
    Guys, I'm sure the Haiyin packs are perfectly fine for the money they charge. I personally think its great to have batteries available to people on a really tight budget. At least it allows more people to be able to play with there toys.
    It will be at least two more weeks or so before I even have any to sell but I will let everyone know when I do.
    Thanks for looking.
    performancerclipos.com

Mark
    Thank you Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    If Haiyin is making the turnigy packs, that doesn't truley mean they are that bad. Its possible that HK is streching the C limits i.e buying 20c packs and selling them 30c and so on. Not sure if that's what really is happening, but I do believe from testing that the C rating on HK packs (especially the nanos, my 25c packs act like 15c packs) is far fetched. Just my 2 cents....

I wouldn't mind trying the Dinogy packs down the road.
    The Turnigy could maybe be a different cell grade??

I agree...

I think your assumption is bogus unless you have opened them up and see similar coding on the cells or some sort of manufacturer label inside all you have is an assumption.

Jim
    As i'm not goin to buy Haiyin's,time will tell.
    Btw they have the same SKU: T5000.2S.40 (Turnigy) / H5000.2S.40 (Haiyin)

Konstantinos

As i'm not goin to buy Haiyin's,time will tell.
    Btw they have the same SKU: T5000.2S.40 (Turnigy) / H5000.2S.40 (Haiyin)Konstantinos
    Interesting find ; not conclusive proof, but makes you wonder

Interesting find ; not conclusive proof, but makes you wonder
    Yes because all the others nanos etc. have dif SKU.
    Btw i admire your inventiveness Tony and those vids on youtube excelent!

That SKU is just logical. Not sure it connects the two companies in any way.

T5000.2S.40 (Turnigy) / H5000.2S.40 (Haiyin) 5000mAh 2S 40C. If I was selling packs I'd code them the same way.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Think it is best etiquette to start own thread if talking about a competitive product

But everyone is free to speak in forums

Haiyin, any info on your products would be great. Are your cells the same as turnigy? If not, does Haiyin let the cells rest for a couple weeks before matching cells in each pack? Do your packs use nano technology, also known as second generation cells, which are more stable and puff resistant? Any info would be wonderfull. Mike Luszcz, www.ml-boatworks.com
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by HAIYIN View Post
    Think it is best etiquette to start own thread if talking about a competitive product
    Quote Originally Posted by HAIYIN View Post
    But everyone is free to speak in forums
    Yes this is a free forum for all to comment and express concerns
    competition is good and informs others of what products work and what don't
    in other words, it helps us buy what works

Default HAIYIN LIPOs

I cannot comment about other brands but we are the actual manufacturer of the HAIYIN brand and our goal is to provide quality performance packs, with honest specs, directly to our customers, and at great prices ( www.HaiyinStore.com ).

We properly age our cells, test/charge/discharge twice in the factory and match them within very tight tolerances. HAIYIN have some of the lowest defect rates of any "Made in China" pack and seem to be gaining quite a good reputation amongst Hobbyists. People also speak highly of our Customer Service.

Try them out and be sure to use our 10% New Warehouse Opening Special Coupon "ALLWHRGC10" ( valid for any 3 packs at checkout, from any warehouse, until 30Apr12 )

Where do you input the discount code?
    Billy Graham

I love it when a manufacturer comes on here to shed some light. Thanks!

I can also attest to many threads that have been stopped or called out by past moderators because they were hijacked....just sayin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast