Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Information on Haiyin Batteries

It must of just took place as I just shipped lipos a few weeks ago I also stated what i was shipping.

Yeah, I guess it just happened. Here are a couple of links with the story:

http://www.theonlineseller.com/2012/...ts-outside-us/

http://about.usps.com/postal-bulleti...l/updt_010.htm

By the sounds of it, it will affect everyone (even OSE) when shipping lipos. It even affects items with small, small lithium batteries (like the BIOS backup batteries in laptops) so it is screwing a lot of Ebay sellers in the US selling watches, ipods, etc.

Nice to see they thought this through...

Damn! BUT RCLipos still has free worldwide shipping listed on their page, thats OK I'll keep buying from them instead, known quality and good shipping, too bad I did like my Gens Ace and was going to try a couple of these 4s packs.
    I'll be trying to get some packs from RClipos next week and see what happens with shipping to Canada.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Oh the shipping will probably still be free, but UPS will be expecting a tidy sum from you COD when you receive the batteries.

The fee is duty (equivalent to the HST - not bad) plus the "brokerage fee". The fee varies (and ramps up as the cost of your order increases). If your order falls between $100 and $200, then you cough up an extra $29.00, if it's more than than, the sky's the limit.

Here's the table to help you calculate the fee to expect:
    http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

When stuff used to come US Postal, you only had to pay $5 at the post office on top of duty (if Customs decided to process duty- sometimes they just didn't bother). That's not going to happen anymore with UPS on the case profiting from every item they process.

Don't mind the duty if I get hit, it's the brokerage charges that I hate, Just figured out HobbyKing carries polyquest/enerlands. They might just become my battery supplier!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    I frequently hear bad comments about Haiyin's low published charge rates. I think Haiyin is just being HONEST about the recommended rate....unlike other companies that just tell little fibs to get you to buy their packs! I'll go for honesty any day!
    Haiyin should really correct and/or update the published charge rates, as they are all over the board, even for very similar c ratings and Mah. As you know Sailr from the Haiyin thread on RCGroups, Eric has stated that all Haiyin batteries can be safely charged at 5c, and everydayflyer (Charles) has logged and documented hundreds of cycles at 5c charge rates with little or no effect on the pack life and output even on lesser quality packs.

I now charge at minimum 2c rates, and usually at 3 or 4c, even on my Turnigy 40c packs.
    Last edited by lectriglide; 06-09-2012 at 09:57 AM.

mark i run a 2230 1y (2) 6s packs in series 19 lb rigger, just bought schulze 40.161 do i need caps? thunderpower 65 c 5000 ma octura x-462 john thanks

If it has 5 caps then yes. If it has 10 caps then no.

Mark

My local hobbytown sells these batteries with different logos apllied. I also heard that redcat racing, a nitro fuel company, will be selling these batteries as their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowride View Post
    This caught my eye. Take a look at this picture. The leads are 8ga and the connectors on the end are identical to the nano techs I get. Wonder if these guys produce the NT for Hobby King? http://www.haiyinstore.com/products....=190+&PID=191+

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234