Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Information on Haiyin Batteries

Default Information on Haiyin Batteries

I see the Haiyin name becoming more and more popular and decided to just google some info on them and needless to say I'm pretty impressed. These guys make some serious batteries and not just for RC stuff. With the type of information I am reading about these guys and the price of their packs I may have to take a plunge and test these bad boys out!

These guys make batteries for EV Dragsters.. Freaking crazy http://teamhaiyinevracing.com/home.html

Look at some of the power setups these dragsters use: 95s13p lithium power supply http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...p?f=14&t=33121

Look here at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_drag_racing

Here's a cutout from the wikipedia articel:
    In 2011, Team Haiyin EV Racing posted a new record for the fastest electric drag car in the USA with a time of 10.08 Seconds @ 127 mph. This is the fastest time ever posted in America with a full-body 1981 Camaro drag car. Team Haiyin EV Racing is owned by Ronald Adamowicz of Middletown, CT. The new time is held in the East Coast Electric Drag Racing Association's records for 1/4 mile drag racing.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

That is pretty crazy for sure thanks for sharing that.

Jim
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    That is pretty crazy for sure thanks for sharing that.

Jim
    No problem Jim. There's a lot of info on them just google "haiyin battery", their is a site at www.haiyin.net but I can't view it from my work computer.... I swear my work network is like "dial-up" speed

Here's their announcement thread on rcgroups: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1539978
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Thats info is new for me and also searching for it from a couple of days, just like to thanks!

This caught my eye. Take a look at this picture. The leads are 8ga and the connectors on the end are identical to the nano techs I get. Wonder if these guys produce the NT for Hobby King? http://www.haiyinstore.com/products....=190+&PID=191+

Quote Originally Posted by Snowride View Post
    This caught my eye. Take a look at this picture. The leads are 8ga and the connectors on the end are identical to the nano techs I get. Wonder if these guys produce the NT for Hobby King? http://www.haiyinstore.com/products....=190+&PID=191+
    Some of the plain Turnigy packs come with 8g and 5.5s as well though depending on the mah and c rating, doesn't mean they are the same though... JMHO. I think the reg turnigys are better then then the nano's

Here's a vid I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9psoOXNbx2k
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

to the OP: that's 2.08 gig(jig?)awatts!!!

I have a couple of their packs and they seem to be solid as a rock at a greatly reduced price and they are shipped from a warehouse here in the U.S.

www.haiyinstore.com
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I just ordered a set of these. Ill see how they compare to my GenAce packs.

and now they have a european warehouse as well as a hong kong warehouse.
    i orderd a few from the HK warehouse yesterday so now we wil se how they work :)

Quote Originally Posted by video200 View Post
    and now they have a european warehouse as well as a hong kong warehouse.
    i orderd a few from the HK warehouse yesterday so now we wil se how they work :)
    Thanks for letting me know. I have been waiting a while for the euro warehouse.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

the mail i got from eric.

"Hi Klaus

EU WH will be open this month ( Mar ) . The shipment is now in Antwerpen

We just opened the Hong Kong WH ( click the appropriate button at www.HaiyinStore.com )

And completed End User landed pricing for Europe ( but have not posted them yet )

H4000.3S.40

· EU WH: Price : EUR 50.12 € ( Including VAT, plus shipping )

· HK WH: Price :USD$33.07 ( plus shipping )

· US WH: Price :USD$36.57 ( plus shipping )

We do apologize for the higher prices in the EU but you know the additional costs we have there and the VAT is a killer

So, feel free to buy from any of the warehouses and regardless, I will give you a coupon to save 10% valid on any warehouse, up to 3 packs ( please get back to me for same )

Sincerely

Eric"

Coupon code that's good for 10%, works for USA warehouse.
    http://www.haiyinstore.com/rcgcoupon.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    No problem Jim. There's a lot of info on them just google "haiyin battery", their is a site at www.haiyin.net but I can't view it from my work computer.... I swear my work network is like "dial-up" speed

Here's their announcement thread on rcgroups: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1539978

I just clicked on the highlighted link and my Avast anti-virus alerted me that a Trojan Horse virus was blocked when I did. Carefull !!

FWIW, check out our very own Mark F's site bringing in Dinogy batteries http://performancerclipos.com/

We just set several SAW records with these, I had a class win at WWVIII using them. Developed by engineers from Thunderpower, Hyperion & Turnigy. Premium quality at affordable prices.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Here is a little test done with my battery aginst Haiyin and Thunderpower. This test is done with an ESR machine which is more accurate than a charger can do. Before anyone ask me I don't have these in stock yet but hope to by the middle of the month.
    Mark

.TP22003S35C.1.jpgLNE22003S35C.1.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]

73925[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MarkF; 04-09-2012 at 09:46 PM.

So what do the numbers mean and what is the Haiyin = Turnigy supposed to mean etc?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

The numbers are the resistance numbers. The lower the better. Just read the numbers on the left side of the window in the machine. Haiyin is the brand / company who makes Hobbykings batteries. I'm sure there fine for sport boaters on a budget but for people who want the best because they race or can afford them then this should give you an indicater of the better battery. Besides that Tony and I have been testing them in our boats and another friend of mine who races electric pylon planes and whos has tested them in two pylon races and we all think these are the best batteries we've ever tested. Time will tell though as soon as I get some packs in and into the hands of sport boaters and racers and they start giving there opinions.

Mark

Looks like you can find the Dinogy lipos on some other sites too. Google "Dinogy" and other sites sell them as well. I am interested to see the longevity of the cells.

Its very hard for me to walk from Hyperion cells at this point in all honesty. The 35c cells have just outdone themselves year after year, and I just picked up a few 45c cells that I cannot wait to try, esp. if they are as good as the 35c packs have been for me, and I checked the IR on my oldest 4s 35c 5000mah packs and they showed a consistant 5-7 on my hyperion duo charger. They just keep holding up discharge after discharge, year after year. I have seen enough thunderpowers "swell" after very few runs that I refuse to buy into the 65c rating they are saying they have. Then I buy some 2650mah 40c 4s Haiyin packs to try, and a couple days later hear they are the same manufacturer as the hobbyking-crap packs. That is very disappointing. I kept hearing how great haiyin packs are, and figured I would give it a try, then to find out they are basically turnigys in another label...wonderful.....

Until someone proves year after year like Hyperion does, it will be very hard to accept another new kid on the block that is half the money. I think the biggest thing I have noticed is the other cells do well in airplanes or cars, but then you throw them into a hot boat setup, and the problems start to show. I have spent so much money with flightmax, turnigy, then got polyquests after hearing how great they were, but their discharge curve is so awful even tho they never showed signs of "swelling", then I finally bit the bullet, bought various hyperion packs, and never had a problem again. ESC failures also went away as well....

I do hope these Dinogy packs prove to have longevity as the price looks fair.

I will tell you what I cannot wait to come out, is the Gen 3 lipo technology currently used in the military drones. From what I have heard by some guys that were "around" during testing, they are like 100c + ratings, can be shot with a bullet and are still stable with no flames. Safety, stablity and performance...that is what I want to see!
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

I think the person that said Haiyin makes the Hobbyking packs is blowing smoke. How does he know? Where's the proof? Seems he is pushing his OWN packs he's going to be selling shortly. Don't believe everything you hear and read unless proof is offered.

Dinogy? Hmm, never heard of those. I'll check it out.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I don't really understand the numbers above. I see that the lowest resistance pack is the Giant Power/ Dinogy.

The ESR is better with a higher number? Because I see the numbers are higher for the Giant Power batts and the other 2 are the same....

Jim, Dinogy is what is written on the packs Mark is selling. I thought they were specifically being made for him, but it looks like you can buy them at other online stores as well.

I am just wondering why everyone is so ready to find a hyperion alternative. For the reliablity, long term strength and great discharge curves, why worry about replacing them with a cheaper brand. I just have not seen a pack yet that I really think can beat it in all phases. I guess time will tell! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

I have a graph somewere from one of the helicoptor pylots testing these batteries. He tested them against the Hyperions and yes the Dinogy packs beat them by a small margin. Mike these are almost half the cost. Thats what got me interested in them. So far I'm very pleased. Sailr the company that makes the dinogy and giant power (same battery) has engineers working for them that use to work for Turnigy, Hyperion and Thunderpower. They know there strengths and weekneses and used that to design this new battery. They have no reason to lie. The proof and truth will come from those that test and run there battery.

Mark

What I don't understand is that these batteries have been on the market for at least a year. Why if they can outperform better batteries do they not promote them more. The fact that they cost less is a big +.
    Hyperions after service and policies are great though and something that adds to the price.

Things to consider....

Will they last as long as Hyperion
    Do they charge as fast?

Very interested to see more tests on these over time. They look decent quality though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drax21 View Post
    What I don't understand is that these batteries have been on the market for at least a year.

Why if they can outperform better batteries do they not promote them more. Who is the "they" that you're talking about ? Manufacturers like Hyperion don't promote their batteries; their dealers sell them but rarely "promote" them

The fact that they cost less is a big +.

Hyperions after service and policies are great though and something that adds to the price.

Mark offers a 6 month warrantee. Some vendors, at their discretion offer warrantees also, but not the manufacturer, other than TP. Hyperion has no "after service policies", only their dealers.Like most products you buy, the price you pay includes money diverted into a warantee escrow fund to pay for warantee expenses.

For the record, there is NO Hyperion company to be found; only their dealers service the product.

Things to consider....

Will they last as long as Hyperion
    I have two Hyperion 4S 5000 packs unuseable from puffing, and they were used without undue stress for @ one year.

Do they charge as fast?
    They are 65C/130C batteries. That should answer the question. ( can your charger handle 5C-10C charging ?)

Very interested to see more tests on these over time. They look decent quality though.
    Plenty of batteries to choose from out there. Some serious racers jumping on these. There must be a reason.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

This company has been around for a while but I think what turned them around to being the best is when they hired the engineers that they did. I am only the second person in the USA to recieve these cells and I am the only one who has them for sale here. The 65c packs are new and have only been around for two months. The first ones I got for testing were the 50C packs. They have a 5C charge rating and come with a 6 month warranty against a bad cell or premature puffing. If you get a bad cell or a puffed cell in a 6s pack I will replace it with a new 6s pack for free. I will not replace packs that were run down to low and now the whole pack is puffed.

Mark

Mark,
    When are you expecting some more 2s 5000mah batteries in?

Its a shame somebody has hijacked this thread to promote THEIR batteries. I thought this was supposed to be about the Haiyin packs!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I'm sorry you feel that way and your right. I wont post anymore in this thread.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Its a shame somebody has hijacked this thread to promote THEIR batteries. I thought this was supposed to be about the Haiyin packs!
    Jim, wake up. Threads have a life of their own, figured you'd know that by now. They go where the interest is. Using the term "hijack" (besides being innacurate) is offensive. What you personally "suppose" may not be in the best interest of disseminating information valuable to the general population of readers.

Proper, I've had it happen to my threads and perhaps you have to yours where you are trying to convey something or even sell something and somebody else jumps in an pushes their product instead. This is simply RUDE. I'm surprised you feel the way you do. I know you are PUSHING these new batteries from Mark. Perhaps you are a bit biased. I only suggest that Mark start a new thread for his batteries. I personally don't have any stake in Haiyin but I am very interested in hearing feedback about the the Haiyin packs. I'm sure Mark's batteries are just fine but they don't belong in this thread.

It would be like Aquacraft crashing a Proboat thread to push their products. Not very ethical in my opinion and HIJACK is exactly appropriate.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast