Thread: Aquacraft UL1

Default Aquacraft UL1

I bought one of these because of many hours of research and rave reviews...I must say the fit and finnish was terrible...The performance out of the box was just Ok at best...After thinking long and hard about all the work this boat needed to make it perform I decided to send it back...I really want a Hydro, I'm thinking of going with a Proboat because I already have a Fastech and love the performance and fit/finnish...

Dean

ive had the elam and i own a ul-1. the ul1 will run laps around the elam. at least stock… i sold my elam cause it had too many issues.

Its an RTR, perfect seams isnt everything. The ul1's run good amd are fun. I ran my old one at an IMPBA race in the sport 20 class against all nitros and had the race until it blew off on the back straight. Mine wasnt perfect either, but it sure ran good amd put a smile on my face. IMO, if you want a perfect boay that is blemish free, build your own and make it that way.

Sorry for the spelling, phone is a pain as ususal....

Fair enough, maybe a custom build is the way for me to go...Thank You for the responces...

Dean

To each his own, but those photos didn't look that bad to me. Certainly not enough to warrant returning the boat.

As far as performance goes, you say you love the performance of the Fastech, but the UL-1 is "Ok at best". Are you saying your Fastech performs better than the UL-1? If that's the case, something is seriously wrong with the boat you got.

With the UL-1, a decent pair of lipos and maybe an adjustment of the strut height and you're into the low 40mph range. Put on a L40x57/3 prop and you're almost hitting 50mph. I don't know how much more you could expect from an RTR.

After a battle with a dock (that my first UL-1 lost) last summer, I now have two more. I love them. The performance is hard to beat (impossible for the $329 asking price). It was the first AQ with the (very good) 2.4ghz Tactic radio, and the motor and ESC have become the de facto standard in spec racing. This boat was groundbreaking when it was new, and nobody has beat it yet.

As far as the finish goes, if I were that worried about a blemish here and there, I'd never run the boat.

Just my two cents, but you may want to reconsider.

If you still had it I could give some pointers to run mid 50s all day in stock form
    I'm married with children, you can't scare me!

Was this brand new or bought used?
    Or is what I'm seeing is just a reflection from the flash?
    My ul-1 has been beat to death, crashed cut up repaired ect,ect. and I still feel it a great boat, don't give up on it!!

"Was this brand new or bought used?
    Or is what I'm seeing is just a reflection from the flash?
    My ul-1 has been beat to death, crashed cut up repaired ect,ect. and I still feel it a great boat, don't give up on it!!"

It was new...There were pot marks, pin holes in the hull, the bottom of the hull looked like a my 6 year old son had glassed it and there was a bubble on the side which appeared to be delaminated...I was so amped waiting for this boat to come in, and after a few glances great dissappointment set in...I did give up on it and sent it back...Maybe I just got one made on friday...lol...Glad to hear you guys up above that have a UL1 are happy with them and getting out on the water running the boat hard and having fun after all that is what it is all about...I'm just going to wait it out and do a hydro build...

Reguards
    Dean